The RPG Maker MV School!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV School' started by Touchfuzzy, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabie

Rabie Seeker of the balance Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KayZaman Nice progress! I agree that the flute play causes some good old fashioned itchy ear. Lowerng its volume a few notches cleared up the problem in my opinion, only now the other instruments are hardly audible. Perhaps take the flute's track down a few levels of volume and you may not need to modify its equalization treble. Just a thought.

Side note on the project: I've somewhat completed an intermediate level "Trigger and Priority" lesson. I'd like to know which thread you (@Touchfuzzy I suppose) would like us to post our lesson submissions in. Would you mind if I edit this post to include copy of the base project with my lesson attached as a separate map? Perhaps you would prefer us to PM you our submissions? I'll keep an eye out for any new threads. :)

2. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Moonlight Daemon and @Rabie Congrats on finishing and good luck! Touchfuzzy has been away for the weekend hence the delay. I'm waiting to hear if we're going to be using Yanfly's Message Core to write in some nameboxes as well...

I've also been wondering about how we're supposed to be using switch #22 OnLesson in conjuncture to our specific 'player is on my lesson' switch. Since 22 is the universal, 'player is on lesson and can't start another', is the second switch just to help our lesson progress? It'd be hard to conditional branch that without knowing who's using what number, so I've been thinking it might be nice to have a variable store the name of the teacher who turned the switch on. That way when the player tries to start something else you can branch- if Onlesson is ON, "Huh? Aren't you in the middle of \v[n]'s lesson? Come back later!" or something :cutesmile:

Rabie and Moonlight Daemon like this.
  3. DavidFoxfire

DavidFoxfire Veteran Veteran

If it's all right for all of you that I make my submissions by the Second Round? I'm currently over at my parent's house petsitting while they're in Idaho visiting my brother.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  4. Rabie

Rabie Seeker of the balance Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rhino If my understanding is correct, then so is yours: Switch #0022 ("OnLesson") is the global switch to tell the whole school that the player student is currently in a lesson.
    My guess is that there will be a common event which iterates through and detects the rationed "[Your Instructor]'s lesson active" switches, flipping 22 appropriately. Therefore, instructors only need to utilize the recycling switches 1-20 and their 3 assigned switches...

As for those 3 assigned switches, I have a similar, possibly identical, concern:
    Although the base project includes switches #23 "OnOrientation" and #24 "FinishedOrientation" (which co-align with the globally assigned 'progress' and 'completion' switches) I'm assuming our 3 assigned switches will not be 26-28, 29-31, etc.

I do have an idea as to how this could work smoothly:
    Three switches -say... 27 through 29- are named in the base project as follows:
    • "[Your Lesson] in progress"
    • "[Your Lesson] complete"
    • "[Your lesson] unique"
    Potential instructors can all use these three 'in development' switches while working on their lesson.
    Once submitted and approved, school administration will assign 3 new switches to the instructor.

At this point, either the instructor can wait until the next base project release to find their assigned switches, replacing the development switches with the newly rationed global switches respectively...​
    OR
    Our school's administration can do the same to implement the lesson for the next release.​

Either way, this will be a great chance for anyone who hasn't given the nifty new 1.5.0 "Find..." context tool a shot.
    *NOTE: The above method is not implemented as of this post.

Conceptually, though it may seem messy, having large ranges set aside for each of the 3 global instructor switch types (in progress, completed, and unique (see "Visual" spoiler for reference)) would allow administration to do a batch check on all switches of each individual kind when writing the presumable common event which flips switch 22.
    If worked out this way, our rationed switches may look something more like...
    [#1XXY "Rabie 1 in progress"],
    [#2XXY "Rabie 1 complete"],
    with our unique switches under a labeled "~~Instructor Uniques~~" switch for others to find and use (which they probably shouldn't unless they thoroughly understand its usage and properly reset it when finished)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Whew, I'm done now, hopefully I contributed something :kaoslp:.

Rhino likes this.
  5. Omega Weapon

Omega Weapon AKA Laura Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm wondering if a lesson about Object-Oriented Programming would be nice. Considering Eventing is basically programming with pre-built snippets of code. My problem would be my lack of knowledge in JavaScript. And how this could be taught hands on without opening up a script editor.

While Object-Oriented Programming can be done in quite a lot of languages, I think the challenge would be on the conceptual level.

6. Yakly

Yakly Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would like to do a lesson on Dialogue 101.

7. ma5amune

ma5amune Villager Member

First Language:
    Romanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My try. Logo and title music ^___^

8. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @ma5amune The music fits quite well with the logo. It actually sounds like a movie intro. The logo itself, while better than anything I could do, doesn't really seem to have anything to do with a school. Looks more like a nature adventure RPG. Just my opinion, of course. ^w^

9. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, just got in yesterday and am recovering (CEOtaku is a 24 hour event and I'll admit that I didn't get enough sleep, and the 7 hour drive there and the 7 hour drive back just killed me).

We are going to go with Yanfly Message Core.

On the making a message mentioning the instructor they are on a lesson with, we could do that as a variable with assigned numbers for each teacher, would probably be the simplest.

I'll be updating you guys more tomorrow. For the individual lessons, I'm going to set it up so that people can post their own thread for it to allow easier feedback on individual lessons. (I'm pretty sure that right now you guys can't post new threads in the forum, but I'm not as familiar with our newer forum software so I'm going to bug @Archeia to make sure it is gets set right.

Sorry about being in catch up mode!

10. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Ok, it should be fixed now. Lemme know if it isn't.

11. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I fixed the song. So, this is for BGM for walking, scene or something. Gimme feedback if the song have problem.

12. ma5amune

ma5amune Villager Member

First Language:
    Romanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I also tried to write melody for the background

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  13. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Er, I honestly don't know what this is for. Probably could be used for either. *gets extremely nervous*

PS: It's so short 'cause I forgot to loop it once within the track. But I made sure it was fully loopable.

14. mauvebutterfly

mauvebutterfly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Are you still looking for teachers and lessons for this month? I have a lot of time next week and think I could put together a lesson on using images and variables to event custom menus. In any event, the show image command should be taught since it is how the T.U.T.O.R. was implemented, and the point of this project seems to be to teach people how to make things like this project itself.

Since there are already other teachers, is there a specific classroom I should be using?

Also, did you want people using your villain from the orientation, or should we add our own?

15. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mauvebutterfly Anybody can submit a lesson if they want and about what they want. So it's not like we are looking for teachers, it's only about people willing to become teachers.
    Don't worry about the classroom, since when these projects will be merged together, edits will have to be made anyway.

I can't answer the last one though :D

@Omega Weapon I think object oriented programming would be better on a standalone tutorial on this site, since 1. It is a huge topic and 2. it's not something that is supposed to be done using the editor, which is a requirement for the lessons if I understood correctly.

16. DavidFoxfire

Noob question here: What do you need to do to add your lession into the project? Do I need to submit a script or something to you, @Poryg, or do I add it into the working demo at the first post and send a link to it over Private Messages or what?

17. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually I'm not a part of it. I just wtnt off my way to answer questions :)

18. DavidFoxfire

Ah, my bad. Consider that a general question then.

19. Rhino

Rhino Champion Snoozer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Title Screen Submission @Touchfuzzy
    [​IMG]
    I made it with the theme of some new transfer students being introduced to the class. I drew it double-sized and shrank it to fit, so I can post the original version if required! :kaoluv:

@DavidFoxfire Build your lesson directly into the base project, and then create a new thread in this sub-forum with your attachment.

20. Moonlight Daemon

Moonlight Daemon Demonic Angel Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rhino I love that title screen! Very nice.

Rhino and Leanne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.