The RPG Maker MV School!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV School' started by Touchfuzzy, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leanne

Leanne Nyan Master Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog,English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Moonlight Daemon and Rhino like this.
  2. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Moonlight Daemon and @Leanne Thank you both!!! I set myself a challenge since I've never really done a complex drawing with a background and full colour before :kaoswt2: (I'm so guilty of always drawing a single character floating in space ahaha)

If the MV characters weren't so cute and colourful I think I probably would have got bored and given up but I pushed on, and I'm so glad it's actually finished in time :guffaw:

Moonlight Daemon likes this.
  3. ma5amune

ma5amune Villager Member

First Language:
    Romanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like your title screen/ Can you post it in 1280x720? I Have a idea about title screen melody/ I want use your pic for demo presentation!

4. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ma5amune Thanks for your interest ^^ It was drawn to fit MV's proportions so making it widescreen has skewed it a bit, but here you are-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should probably mention that I'd prefer this wasn't used outside of the MV School community project, but I'm happy for members involved to use it if they'd like. (Though there might be some other probably awesome title screen submissions that have yet to be shared :kaojoy:)

5. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rhino that title screen is fantastic.

And hey everyone! Sorry for the delays in responses. Been super busy over here (and when that countdown on our blog hits 0 tomorrow, you'll see why).

So the current plan is just to wait out the deadline and see what lessons get made. I'll play them as soon as I can after they are posted (will probably play through any up by friday this weekend) and give feedback. Everyone else give feedback where you can as well.

Then on the day of the deadline, I'll post the new updated base project, and assign an order to the people whose lessons are getting integrated. We'll pass the base project in that order to stitch it together.

Thanks everyone.

Rhino likes this.
  6. Omega Weapon

Omega Weapon AKA Laura Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mauvebutterfly
    My idea wasn't to teach people how to script, at all. That is a whole 'nother thing. I don't want them to open Notepad++ or anything. Then you may ask, but how are you gonna teach OOP then? Teach them on the conceptual level. Then it doesn't matter what language you work with.

Like, how an Event can be treated as an object, which you then can give commands. And how it can help you understand Eventing better. Because IMO, Eventing is more like programming using pre-made code snippets.
    Pretty much everything inside the database, and the event editor, can be treated as an object. But yeah. Might have to get around to writing a standalone tutorial then.

7. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  8. shockra

shockra Slightly Crazy Programmer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not certain if this was clear (or correct), but I think when adding a lesson, we were supposed to make a new thread for it. Someone already posted one as a thread, and I posted my lesson that way too. Mine is just waiting for moderator approval to be visible.

9. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, sorry. I completely forgot about it. I'll fix it right away :)

10. Zizka

Zizka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great initiative!!! I like it.

11. Llareian

Llareian Jack of All Trades, Master of None Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a great idea! I would also be interested in participating in a second round. I just saw this today and there's no way I could get something done in five days. :) I hope this keeps going as intended!

12. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm a little worried that there's a few lessons that haven't moderated yet. It would have been nice to be able to test some others and get feedback before the deadline... I'm really busy with the IGMC too, but I hope this project hasn't been forgotten about. :rswt

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Moonlight Daemon and dragoonwys like this.
  13. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Dang it. I forgot to do my lesson completely.

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Due to a combination of reasons (I'm preparing for a trip out of country on short notice (good news, but it puts some time strain on me), as well as plenty of people working on their IGMC projects), The deadline for the first round is being moved. This will give more people plenty of time to work on their lessons (I believe I set the first deadline too soon anyway, especially with the IGMC overlap), and give plenty of time for feedback on integrating the lessons and matching styles and quashing bugs.

The new deadline will be ONE WEEK after the end of the IGMC entry date, placing it on November 12th. Allowing everyone to have plenty of time to finish a lesson. I'll do my best to play every lesson as they are being made (I know I'm behind!), but this should let us get hopefully 10 lessons in our "first" true release build.

I am also going to try to get a new start build up by the end of the week, including a second lesson (installing a plugin), the message plugin integrated, and a bit more mapping and NPCs.

15. Moonlight Daemon

Moonlight Daemon Demonic Angel Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok then. Thank you for that, @Touchfuzzy. Even though I built mine, I still love that little change, even if it means waiting till November on this amazing project:kaoswt2:

Marquise* likes this.
  16. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The big deal to me is that I didn't want people to feel pressure to have to try to complete a lesson while also wanting to spend time working on their IGMC projects. :)

Good luck everyone, both on the IGMC and in making some useful Lessons!

Llareian and HexMozart88 like this.
  17. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually, it was the pressure of IGMC that made me finish the lesson with only three days delay compared to my original ETA... :D

@Touchfuzzy I'm not sure which bugs you know of and which you don't know of.
    But I will report them anyway.
    Bug 1: When you're in the basement and don't check the power crystal charging machine with T.U.T.O.R., you will never be able to finish the lesson due to the variable being 1 lower than it should.
    Bug 2: If you approach Melvin from the left to give him the crystal, the game will freeze due to Melvin wanting to go left. Same with other obstacles on the left.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  18. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you so much for the extension! I'm not involved in IGMC, but I've been very busy advertising for a tenant and getting the house ready, and I just haven't had a scrap of time to work on my lesson.

19. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ... Haven't had a chance to work on the new base project because of IGMC work and getting ready to fly across the Pacific. Luckily, I should have plenty of time in the JP office to maybe catch up on this project.

starlight dream likes this.
  20. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This project is a brilliant idea!
    I won't participate yet though.
    But will keep an eye on this!

starlight dream and Marquise* like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.