The RPG Maker MV School!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV School' started by Touchfuzzy, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmmm, November 12th you say? Mwuahahaha-erahrm ahem, I mean, interesting I might actually be able to put something together by then (if my IGMC project goes well) I'd probably try and do something about how to write for/"cast" villains (with my teach being obviously/ineffectively evil, with a side of ham)

I'm rather excited for this event!

2. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    I love the idea and I had fun playing it. Would it be possible, to extend the basement? For like a storage room, janitor room etc.?

Also, on the east and west floor, I would put in an additional paths going up, best right there were the 5 lockers are now. This way, you could extent the school in the back and possible integrate a cafeteria and library on the first floor. Or additional class rooms.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So... is the deadline any particular time on the 12th? I've been unable to work on this because I unexpectedly got a place on a training course, and now I just want to know whether it's worth getting started on my entry or I should just accept that things didn't work out :(

4. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Yeah, I wanted to do a lesson about a shell game minigame, but I didn't get finished in time.

Had a question and I can't seem to find it, but is it possible to find out what kind of face/sprite the player has chosen?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  5. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Aoi Ninami and @Candacis I think things are probably still too busy with IGMC judging, and the fact that there aren't really that many lessons submitted (unless some are still stuck in the moderating queue), so I would just go for it! Even if you don't make it in the first build, at least you'll be all set up for the next one :kaoluv:

And oops, I forgot to re-open my npc workshop '':X

I also had a random idea about including little tips! There's a few beginner questions like 'how to change the windowskin?' and 'how to remove TP from menus?' that don't need lessons, but would probably be beneficial since it seems to be a bit of an faq on the forum. So my thought was to hide them around somewhere, and that way it's also some fun extra gameplay! Personally I believe the advice should be from a bunch of talking cats, but there's the rtp sparkles or I could try to make a floating T.U.T.O.R/exclamation mark sprite if this idea is used!

Aoi Ninami likes this.
  6. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Yeah, I'm just working at the lecture. Had to do some support graphics first and now I'm struggling setting up this T.U.T.O.R. thing :D

Funny idea about those cats, but I think, the T.U.T.O.R. itself would be more fitting. Maybe a little robot? Like the one under SF_Monster, only smaller and eh.. cuter? :)

I was wondering, if, at some point, the default sprites/faces for the player should be reworked to something more interesting?

Rhino likes this.
  7. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys!

Our deadline has passed (sorry my internet was out the day it ended!)

Over the next weekish, we'll be picking winners, then we'll do a pass around to add the winners to the base project + add in new floors to the school. We'll just pass it to person to person to integrate their stuff into the project until we have a complete project. Then we'll start the open period of just people adding stuff when they want. We'll still have an approval process, and about once every two months we'll repeat the pass around to add the newly selected stuff.

8. dbchest

dbchest Beast Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    this is going to be pretty amazing. @Touchfuzzy and the rest of the staff did a fine job integrating basic tutorials into the editor, but this project will serve as luxury icing on the educational community cake!

9. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A quick apology:

I am aware that this project keeps getting delayed. It is unfortunately the lowest priority on a long list of priorities lately. Things like the IGMC and then the VNM launch took up massive amounts of time on my side. It is still on a bit of a delay, but it IS being worked on (new base project to start the rounds once winners are announced is almost done), but with the Thanksgiving holidays going on, it may be a bit longer than I was hoping.

I know that it sucks, and I'm not happy with the delays either. If I could somehow pull more time out of the aether I'd do it. Thanks for understanding.

Llareian, Rhino and Marquise* like this.
  10. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Touchfuzzy Hey whatever works. As long as we know you are still on and alive. :D Have some happy holidays!

Rhino likes this.
  11. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This will be a top priority for me as soon as I get back from vacation.

Joy Diamond, Marquise* and Rhino like this.
  12. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Guys,

Important announcement: I'm still getting the next version ready so we can stitch together the current lessons. I apologize for how long this has taken. The reason for this is, well, honestly, a matter of free time.

I'm not looking to get off the project, but I am going to be looking to see if there can be a volunteer to help take over some of the duties of running it. I'll still be around, and still work on stuff for it, but with me the only person at the top, if work gets heavy (which this time of the year is back to back events and sales), I have zero time and it just sits here and that just isn't a good place for the project to be.

If anyone would be interested in possibly helping run this project, please contact me via PM.

Rhino, VideoWizard and Marquise* like this.
  13. VideoWizard

VideoWizard Dragon Kingdoms Series producer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So the project isn't dead, then? That's good, I'm interested in seeing what the next characters are that will be added to the project.

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not dead, just sleeping.

Basically, I've been bouncing back and forth between sales and IGMC and my vacation (which was very fun), and my time has been all over the place (plus Christmas. I always forget how much family I have until it is Christmas time and I'm required to visit 8 million people)

15. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OK finally found this thread. Wew.

Anyhow, this is a "game" we can download that functions as a tutorial place?

16. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, functions is still a bit too strong of a word right now. But yeah, it should be a tutorial place.

17. Touchfuzzy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe I have found someone to work with going forward (my first choice actually messaged me to say they wanted to help out, so yay). Steam sale had me working crazy and I got burnt out a bit on being on my computer, but will be back to work on everything Monday. Thanks for having a ton of patience.

Marquise*, Rhino and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  18. Sauteed_Onion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yay Touchfuzzy, thank you for your dedication.

Ok I'm down loading my run of the MV school. *Departs into school zone*

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  19. Sauteed_Onion

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Double post, but.. I downloaded this game, and I cannot get it to run. I click it and it just gives me the RPGMAKER MV like character artwork screen. Kind of odd..

Edited

Alright so I downloaded it, and opened it by opening RPG MAKER MV, and just running it through that with the playtest button.
    So far, it's pretty neat. I haven't gotten too far yet. I'm learning about variables. I wish there were more choices of customization at the beginning.. Like cat male/female . It's ok. Also none of the vending machines are full of anything. I didn't spend any coins in there thankfully. Also, there is a really nice lady at the end of the hall doing a still life of D.egica. Meow.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  20. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sauteed_Onion Thanks for your feedback! The download on the first post is still the "base" project. We're working on getting that up to speed before passing it around to integrate our amazing winning lessons that were made by the community during the first round of submissions, and then we'll be updating this with the very exciting first build! :kaojoy:

I think the project is going to stay not-deployed for now, so you will be playing it via the playtester. Although it'll mean anyone who wants to access it needs to use the trial version or buy MV, it has the perk that you can look through all of the events outside of what you get to see during the lessons. Would need to confirm this with Touchfuzzy though.

At the moment the beginning just serves as a simple and quick introduction to get the player straight into the action. There may be more added with character customisation, but it's not a priority for now. (I, for one, never know where to stop when adding customisation. "Do you want to be domestic cat, or a big cat, or a- ah, I'm running out of sprites!")

Money is something I would like to include! So far you might be needing it for certain lessons, but I think it'd be great to have other things to buy or do with that. Suggestions are appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Sauteed_Onion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.