Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aww, I was hoping this would come out around midnight.  I don't want to have to wait until tomorrorrororow.

ssunlimited

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ditto Espon. But if it came out midnight PST then it would come out 3 AM my time and even though I go to sleep very late, I will be going around that time. Plus it would take some time to download.

Here is a question: If this game is made by Japanese people, why does it go by San Francisco time(PDT) rather than Japanese time?

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Aww, I was hoping this would come out around midnight.  I don't want to have to wait until tomorrorrororow.
Psh. It comes out when I'm at school. Doing state pre-tests. 

I have to wait an extra 3 hours  ;_;

I ditto Espon. But if it came out midnight PST then it would come out 3 AM my time and even though I go to sleep very late, I will be going around that time. Plus it would take some time to download.

Here is a question: If this game is made by Japanese people, why does it go by San Francisco time(PDT) rather than Japanese time?
It's probably Midnight/Midday and Japan. But since this is the English fourms, they put the English time here  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelderson

Coding *****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a question: If this game is made by Japanese people, why does it go by San Francisco time(PDT) rather than Japanese time?
It's just adjusted for time zone to what people are more familiar with in NA.  This would make the program come out at like 2am in Japan on the 24th.

ssunlimited

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably Midnight/Midday and Japan. But since this is the English fourms, they put the English time here  ;)
It's just adjusted for time zone to what people are more familiar with in NA.
Wait a minute Japan is ahead not before. PDT at 10 AM should be around or almost Saturday October 24th in Japan.

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wait a minute Japan is ahead not before. PDT at 10 AM should be around or almost Saturday October 24th in Japan.
Then that was the original planned release for them. But when converted, is equal to 10 AM PDT. 

Unless they decided the release more usable by NA. For all we know, we could be the number one customers. 

Sakura

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

The game does not release in Japan until December 17th.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I honestly don't know if the Japanese version is being released at exactly the same time. The English version is being released at 10AM PDT.

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
10AM for PDT is 2AM for Japan... It's either different times all together or they're targeting the release towards NA.

ssunlimited

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah I see. Wait a sec, can RPG Maker series be even more popular than in Japan? I mean this is a software engine that allows you to create JRPGs(Japanese Role-Playing Games).

Cubic

Level 23 Thief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah I see. Wait a sec, can RPG Maker series be even more popular than in Japan? I mean this is a software engine that allows you to create JRPGs(Japanese Role-Playing Games).
If they're so popular, I would assume their are other engines in Japan that help you make JRPGs...

And RM is the only one translated into English. 

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I'm sure the reason for choosing 10 am PDT is because that's the time when steam updates their store.

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As an adult, big releases like these are the highlight of my life. Closest thing I have to that kid-the-night-before-Christmas feeling lol. I'm going to try and sleep in as late as possible in the morning, as it won't be available until noon for me. Blah.

They must be doing something pretty big tonight. The videos have never taken this long.

Orsalak

The Blissfully Ignorant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's out!  Downloading!!!

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Why does it come out so much later in Japan? Is the coding more difficult, for some reason?
Since the engine was finished earlier then expected Deciga decided to release it earlier while the japanese decided to just stick with the date they've planned to release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I see some threads pinned in the Useful Development Tools section. I wonder, what are the criteria to get a thread pinned?
Playing some Kingdom come: Deliverance. It's an interesting game... But for the first time ever I'm disappointed with Czech in a Czech game.
Anyone else find themselves skipping through spoken dialogue in games if they've finished reading said dialogue in the textbox? I do. Happens more often in JRPGs with me. I frequently finish reading the dialogue long before the VA is done speaking.
I've been pretty busy working on my Might and Magic inspired project. I've got the code for instructors in place, and I just finished up with the trap and resistance tests. The project is going very smoothly. I'm also learning more about Javascript which is helping out a lot. Arrays, they are your best friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christianfletcher