RMMV The Sea Between [Demo]

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by ColdAsSnow, Jun 2, 2018.

1. ColdAsSnow

ColdAsSnow Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

SYNOPSIS
    The Sea Between is an indie fantasy RPG, about a young boy, named Vis, who leaves his home and realizes there are a lot of things he doesn’t know about his family and himself. After growing up on a small island, he finds himself leaving his home to find a new purpose in his life and to learn how to world works. He meets a number of new people and finds out just how dangerous the world can be. When monsters start showing up in greater numbers the people of the world need to find out how to keep themselves safe and where the danger is coming from.

It was created using the RPG Maker MV software by Matthew Hare. It is currently in Beta testing, on version 0.6.0, and hopefully will be released before the end of 2018. The game typically takes approximately 5-8 hours to complete depending on if you rush through the story and explore the world.

The game is inspired by the RPGs of the SNES era (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire, Lufia, etc...) and contains many mechanics that were commonly shared among these games. This game features a turn based, side-view battle system with four playable characters with varying abilities. Each character has their own set of skills which makes them an asset to the team.

This game contains many default art assets that were supplied with RPG Maker MV, but thanks to the amazing community that exists for this tool, many custom assets were added to bring the world to life. Without the help of the people who created music, sprites, sound effects, etc... this game wouldn't be half of what it is today.

When I started this project, I set out to simply make a game that would have an entertaining and interesting story. I believe that I have achieved that. My hope is to add something back to the community that has given me so much. I hope that people will truly enjoy the experience of playing The Sea Between and fall in love with it's characters as I have.

Thank you for your interest!

TRAILER

SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CHARACTERS
    Vis Cole
    [​IMG]

Kira Little
    [​IMG]

Merritt De Silva
    [​IMG]

Sir Adelyse Lemierre
    [​IMG]

CURRENT CREDITS

Written & Directed by
    Matthew Hare

Music & Sound Effects by
    Aaron Krogh
    Sebastian Schwann
    Enterbrain

Plugins by
    Yanfly
    Moghunter
    SumRndmDde
    HimeWorks
    Atreyo Ray
    Khas
    Huddell

Title Screen by
    Jerry Stamp

System Icons by
    Thomas "Cyangmou" Feitchmeir

Additional Resources and Sprites by
    Enterbrain, INC.
    Lunarea
    Whtdragon
    Hiddenone
    PandaMaru
    Terozu
    Hitzuki Key
    IceKun
    Wingless Seraph
    Lady Baskerville
    Zheg
    StormGoblin
    Sinweaver
    Mesojia

Playtested by
    Jill Hamen
    Lee Butt
    Adam Moore
    Ian Foster
    Lisa Walters

Special Thanks to
    Pamela Rideout
    Chris Finn
    Jonny Hodder

Copyright 2018
    Evil Bunny Studios
    All Rights Reserved

DEMO
    I hope you enjoy the prologue of The Sea Between in this Demo. This Demo was created as of release version 1.0.0 and typically takes about 30-45 minutes to complete. You will get a brief glimpse into how the story begins and how the game looks and plays. Feel free to leave a comment about your experience. If you find any bugs, please let me know and I will try to fix them A.S.A.P.

Enjoy!

Windows - Download Link
    Mac - Download Link

WEBSITE & SOCIAL MEDIA

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Kwerty, liviticus and SoSick. like this.
  2. ColdAsSnow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A demo of The Sea Between, for Windows and Mac, has now been added to the original post. I thought it was time to finally let people see what I've been working on for the last three years. This demo was created using Beta version 0.5.1, so since it is still in Beta certain things may change before the final release. This game is starting to feel like it's close to being done now and it's just a matter of testing it thoroughly.

For a document of the changes that I've been making since going into Beta just head over to www.theseabetweengame.com and have a look at the release notes. If you run into any bugs, please let me know and I'll try to fix them A.S.A.P. If you play the game and would like to let me know what you thought of it feel free to leave a post here or reach out to me on twitter.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my project and I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  3. ColdAsSnow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A new trailer has been released for The Sea Between. The link has been added to the original post. Also, a release date of November 13th, 2018 has been announced.

Enjoy!

4. ColdAsSnow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Sea Between is now appearing on the Steam Store at the following link:

The game will be released on November 13th, 2018, so I will likely create a new post in the Completed Games forum soon.

Kwerty likes this.
  5. onekksu

onekksu Emin Can Homalioglu Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like the story, but I don't like the default MV tilesets.

ColdAsSnow likes this.
  6. ColdAsSnow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm glad you liked the story. This is my first game and I was mostly worried about creating an interesting story.
    I didn't have a lot of money to put into this project, so I tried my best to do what I could with a lot of the default tilesets and some choice assets from creators on these forums. If I'm ever able to create a second game I would love to be able to pay somebody to create some amazing art for me.

7. alcreator440

alcreator440 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I haven't had a chance to play your game yet but just by looking at the screenshots I can see how some would find the maps to look a little "basic" with the default tiles. Personally I like the default tileset and I think you did a good job with the forest map. This looks decent for a first game.

ColdAsSnow likes this.
  8. ColdAsSnow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I knew from the start that if I used the default tileset some people wouldn't be interested. It feels good to finally finish a game though.
    I'm glad you like the forest map too. If you get a chance to play the game I really hope you enjoy it.

alcreator440 likes this.