The Self Data Suite support thread

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind...
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So I've been looking around the forums for quite awhile. As I was looking around, I had began to notice that my Self Data Suite series of scripts had become something of a big deal. So much so that people had found the Suite in a very obscure folder in my Dropbox (For a period of time, I had my files moved into that particular folder for several reasons, none of it ego-driven) and they've also went and created mirrors for it. That's pretty crazy. So I've got to say thank you for your support, but I'm sorry for my shoddy support. I also have to thank Andar and Shaz for keeping the Self Data Suite alive by word of mouth in a lot of the support threads I've come across. They've inspired me to make this thread.

So here's the purpose of the thread: Currently, my support hasn't been very good in years due to me having taken a break from things a long time ago and never really getting back from that break since (I did make a return thread, but it didn't last). This thread will run like the Event System Support threads.

What is the Self Data Suite?

The Self Data Suite is a highly extensive series of scripts that allows developers to attach as many switches, variables, and metadata as they want onto just about everything. Actors, Classes, Skills, Items, Events, Common Events, Maps, etc.. The script is very open-ended, so whatever you want to do with them is entirely up to your imagination.

These series of scripts currently include:  Self Switches/Variables/Metadata for Common Events and their initial settings, Actors, Classes, Skills, Armors, Weapons, Items, Enemies, Troops, States, Tilesets, Maps, Game System, Game Temp, Initial Event Self Switches, and Event Self Variables and Metadata.

Where can I get the Self Data Suite?

RMVXA | RMVX | RMXP

Purpose

This thread is for troubleshooting Self Data Suite. Support ranging from simple to complex uses of Self Data Suite are allowed. This is not a thread to request a Self Data Suite powered script to be done for you. Unless the Maker you're looking for support for is provided, people will assume you're finding support for your preferred maker.

What if I found bugs?

Comment them on my profile page's wall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am one of those who got it from your dropbox.  It's good to see you around once more.

Reactions: PK8

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks, i'll explore them.

Darsken

Purveyor of Merriment
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First of all, thank you for the fantastically useful script. I'm brand new to RPG Maker (at least, since I played around with it as a kid), and this script was perfect for my needs.

To clarify some of its uses, I do have a question (forgive my ignorance, I am a newb):

How can I (if it's possible) set an event page to require a self variable to have a certain value to activate, without using switches? (i.e. "a" == 1, go to event page 2)

If it's not possible, would that mean the alternative is an intense use of self switches?

If possible, I hope to see your reply soon. I am trying to use this script in an indie game competition (crediting you, of course), and it is almost the deadline (August 7th). Thank you in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You cannot change the editor in any way, and that means that the event conditions can never check the self-data from this script.

You can use a regular variable for this, it just needs ordering the event page for increasing values (if page 2 activates on 4 or above and page 3 activates on 5 or above, page 2 will only be active at the exact value of 4).

ASCIIgod

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
so i have found out about this script not too long ago and from the looks of it, its a nice scripter's toolbox. aside from the obvious addition of nearly infinite variables and self-switches, what caught my eye is the metadata system. ive been looking for similar script mind you, and when i found this gem here it blew my mind. only problem is, i cant seem to get how to use this quite right. looking the interweb for tutorial leads me nowhere. so i egistered here so i can learn how to use this powerful script to its fullest. and not also that, i also want to belong to an RPG maker community again after the rpgmakervx.net's closure. so what im asking is how do i use the self-metadata to create internal data like in minecraft. what i want to do in turn is to cut out on exessive use of the database. see making a potion Lv.1 up to Lv.10 will consume 10 slots in your item database, but with metadata, you can use the same single slot to make infinite possible items. i know its a stretch but looking to how minecraft handles its metadata, you can tell that its a revolutionary advances in coding.

Last edited by a moderator:

macas1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do these scripts (Particularly the RMVXA one) still exist anywhere? The links no longer exist on dropbox

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The author was last here 2 years ago. I wouldn't expect an update.

macas1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I thought it may have been worth a try. I'll try my best to create a script myself. Thank you

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@macas1 A link to my dropbox. It will not be there long, as my dropbox is very full. Please post when you have grabbed it so that I can delete it.

Last edited:

macas1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes thank you very much! I have it now

Paelous

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I apologize for bringing this thread back up, but I am in dire need of something like this Self Data Suite and it is very hard to come by. I've spent the last couple of days trying to find a substitute, but I need to attach variables and various data to events and it seems like this suite will do exactly what I need. Does anyone possibly have a download mirror left for me? Thank you very much in advance.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Paelous Here is a link to the Self Data Suite. It's in my dropbox and can only stay there for a short time as I need to free up space in it. 《Snip link removed》
Please post to say when you've downloaded it so that I can then delete it from my dropbox.

Last edited:

Paelous

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes Thank you a billion times. I've downloaded it, you can delete it. Thank you!

Should anyone in the future run into the same situation and be looking for a download link, I've uploaded it to my webspace and hopefully, it's there to stay for good for the next couple of years: http://www.startale.at/selfdata.rar (~70kb)

Last edited:

Cunechan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much @Paelous . It is an amazing script and helps a bunch, I tried a few other things but it didn't work out, this is really helping others and me out a lot. Its okay if the OP doesnt come back, I am really thankful that we are still allowed to use it since it's a huge help anyway. Thank yooouu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:
javascript'ing essentials.

So, what can I do solve this problem, guys? The plugin is MOG_Weather and I have several Yanfly plugins too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewBromas