RMVXA ~The Seventh Warrior~

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by DerKIAS, Jun 23, 2019.

1. DerKIAS

DerKIAS Demon Lord Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

~The Seventh Warrior~ is a retro-themed, SNES-style RPG that tells the story of "Dark" the demonic crown prince of hell, who nearly conquered the world a thousand years ago but was able to be stopped and sealed away in the end. Now, a thousand years later, the demon prince returns after the seal is broken by fools who believed they could control him - how wrong they were.

Hellbent on revenge, Dark is once again on a mission to take over the world but things are very different nowadays; back then he had an army of thousands of demons, orcs and undead under his command. This time he must do things alone. Soon Dark realizes that the world he once brought death and destruction to has drastically changed; the big empires he fought against are gone, new lands were discovered and new wars are threatening the world. And so it seems our demon lord is only one of many threats that could plunge the world into chaos...

If you are tired of mimmicking the shiny sparkling hero and would rather rule the world than save it, if you want a humorous, chanllenging, storydriven game experience in 90's retro RPG style then this game is for you! ...Are you ready to take on the world?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Go on an epic 40+ hour journey through a huge fantastic world, explore villages, cities and many other places and meet hundreds of interesting characters!

- Overcome dozens of beautifully designed dungeons and solve tricky puzzles on your way to world domination!

- Fight in epic challenging battles and beat your enemies in a battle system inspired by the Breath of Fire series with fully animated characters and monsters! (Still work in progress)

[​IMG]

- Voice Acting in battles

- Discover a beautifully crafted soundtrack featuring awesome artists like Sam Machin!

- Show your skills in a variety of mini games

[​IMG]

-Decide which path your fate will take with the Karma System: Your decisions control which path you will take. Will you come back as the horrible monster you are known as in the history books and bring death and pain to the world? Or will you walk on the path of light helping people and proving yourself with good deeds?

[​IMG]

Where will the journey and your decisions lead you? Find out for yourself in a retro styled RPG inspired by the glorious SNES era!

I hope I could wake your interest and you like what you see :D

I really appreciate any support I can get to make this game a reality! :rock-right:

DerKIAS

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. Bad Stitches

Bad Stitches The Luck / Curse Bringer Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Finally! I highly recommend this project. The protagonist is funny as hell and the game is full of details and fun. Keep up the good work, KIAS! :D

DerKIAS likes this.
  3. DerKIAS

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey guys! So it seems this thread didn't get any attention so far.. :blink::unsure:

Let's see, if my new #breathoffire style battle system can change that! :)

TSW Battle System.png

How do you like it?

Kias

4. gvduck10

gvduck10 Quacker Jack Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks stunning.

DerKIAS likes this.
  5. Renicon

Renicon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The game looks amazing and I would love to try it but I don't see a download link.

DerKIAS likes this.
  6. DerKIAS

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Renicon Thank you! :) Yeah, there is no demo anymore atm. There was a demo out a while ago on itch.io but that demo got so much outdated, that I removed it. I'm working hard on the next demo which will include the first full chapter with a lot of cool features like swimming, climbing and a lot more. The development takes longer than I would like to, because of the costly sprites for the battle system. I can only afford so much a month. For example a basic monster with all animations costs around 320$. Bosses around 400-600$. I'm making steadily good progress with the game but I can't tell exactly when the demo will be ready. It should be sometime next year.

Here is the swimming feature:

Kias

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Bad Stitches and bazrat like this.
  7. DerKIAS

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    New screenshot. Text is in german. It says: "Tell me, girl, where am I?"

unknown.png

8. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    woww!!
    This is a really nice project!
    I like the screenshots very much! ^^
    Good luck! I will follow on Instagram.

DerKIAS likes this.
  9. Ateliae

Ateliae Defying Gravity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is gorgeous! I really love the mapping to this a lot and the overall project has promise.

Do you plan on keeping the rtp-edited/inspired face portraits or do you plan on getting custom art for the characters?

DerKIAS likes this.
  10. DerKIAS

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Eliaquim
    Thank you very much! :D Glad you like it!

@Ateliae
    Also to you thank you very much! Such kind words are really motivating! :)

As for the face portraits, I do like the RTP faces and I will keep them in my project. However there will be a lot of custom commissioned artworks in the game ;) But the faces will remain edited RTP versions since I like the art style and I think it fits my project just fine :)

Kias

Eliaquim and bazrat like this.
  11. ZankokuNoYami

ZankokuNoYami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Are you mapping this? Otherwise, who is this mapper? I am using XP RTP as well, and man, is it hard to find those who are able to use it to it's fullest like this. Beautiful. (if only I could find a way to translate that same beauty in MV!)

DerKIAS likes this.
  12. DerKIAS

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @ZankokuNoYami
    Thank you very much! :) Yes I am mapping this myself. I am using the program Tiled for basic mapping and then I use parallax mapping with GIMP. All my maps are parallax maps.

I think there are ways to do this also in MV.. for example MV has a plugin for "Tiled". But yeah I myself decided to work with VX Ace since I'm not a big fan of MV. I'm working way better and faster with Ace. If only Ace had the layer mapping of XP..

Anyways, thanks again! ;)

Kias

Bad Stitches likes this.
  13. Allusion

Allusion ♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is so, so, so pretty to look at! (Mappers are magic! How do you guys do that?? QAQ) And the premise/mc are pure comedic gold fodder! :yhappy:(Wonder which route I'll choose...? I'd like to think I'll unleash dark fury, but I'm a jelly fish when it comes to most characters/situations lol.)

I love the battle system, it looks incredible! Full colored sprites, my gosh what a treat! And just...the pure amount of love and desication being poured into this is so apparent! :kaoluv: (built in my fav engine, no less!) I know a passion project when I see one!

I'm so bummed to have missed the first demo, but I eagerly look forward to the next! Will this remain a free title, or are there commercial ambitions? Will it be translated from German? Either way, I'm hyped to see more of this!

Bad Stitches and DerKIAS like this.
  14. DerKIAS

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Allusion
    Thank you very much for your kind words! :D That's really flattering and motivating :)

The bad route is of course the funnier one xD But there will be situations where you have advantages and disadvantages depending on what you choose and some of these decisions have consequences throughout the game. And ultimately your decisions will decide which path "Dark" will choose.

The last available demo is way outdated by now and doesn't represent the actual game properly anymore that's why I took it down. The game will be commercial but the next demo which will include the first full chapter with all its features will be free of course :) The game will be available in German and English. The next demo should be available sometime later next year.

Kias

Allusion likes this.
  15. Allusion

Allusion ♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The dark route comedy is one of my biggest temptations, honestly! X'D I know I'd be missing out. (All villain routes in games are hilariously vile :guffaw:) 2 playthroughs it is lol! I'm looking forward to the full release, and will be buying for sure! And no problem, I'm happy to have found this!

DerKIAS likes this.
  16. Bad Stitches

Bad Stitches The Luck / Curse Bringer Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm really happy about the growing attention and interest of some users :D I played the old demo version and this one was great. I know new details and the latest progress of the new version and it'll be awesome! I very glad and honored to be a part of TSW. Thank you @DerKIAS

DerKIAS and Allusion like this.
  17. DerKIAS

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  18. Lilly

Lilly Joy Bringer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The interview I did of this game was fun, plus I learned much more about it.

I really hope this game get's completed!~

DerKIAS likes this.