Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone. I didn't actually buy The Simple Life Music Pack. I won it in one of the product contest:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/26165-the-simple-life-music-pack/

At the time I downloaded the pack and enjoyed it, but I didn't add it into any project until today. They work perfectly fine outside of the maker, but when I put the tracks into the project they don't play at all. I tried both the MP3 versions and the OGG versions, but neither will play. I've added them through both my desktop and Steam Version of VX Ace, again, no change. I even redownloaded, but the problem persisted. Is this a common problem or is it just me?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have the same problem with the OGG files from that pack, but the MP3 files work.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really? But the MP3 files won't play either. Maybe I can reformat them into OGG and see what happens.

Edit: Nope. Nothing changed

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Which file? The only one I use is the "Happy Harvest"

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well now I feel stupid. I converted the MP3 files to OGG and thought they just didn't work either. Turns out I had my headphones in the jack and I didn't have them on..... boy is this egg on my face especially runny today! Thanks for the help Hudell, I guess this thread could be closed now.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue is that most of the OGG files are FLAC data encapsulated within the OGG layer.

thesimplelife-metadata.png

RPG Maker can only read Vorbis data within the OGG layer. Not sure why converting MP3 to OGG is not working for you ... it should. Even converting OGG to WAV and then to OGG again should work.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep, they don't play in the game, only in the BGM-Selector.

You can convert them from wav to ogg but than you would have to loop them as well.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue is that most of the OGG files are FLAC data encapsulated within the OGG layer.
Oooh, I did not think that.

Yep, they don't play in the game, only in the BGM-Selector.

You can convert them from wav to ogg but than you would have to loop them as well.
Already converted, and I've already Looped(?) four of them already. Is there a way to get in contact with the composer so we can tell them the issue? Luckily I've goofed around with most of this stuff to know what I'm doing, but the average consumer might not.  

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are referring to the 'LOOPSTART' and 'LOOPLENGTH' metadata tags for OGG, except for the DS line of DLC, not one of the purchasable song packs that I have use them. Kind of infuriating, really.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Uzuki: if you just let the song end and repeat, you have an audible cut in the music. I know you can fix that with Audacity but I haven't bothered yet. I am still hoping that the songs get fix until I need them ;-).

@Exhydra: I am sure, that the tracks from Kain Vinosec are using this tags too, because his tracks are looping as ogg in RM but not as ogg or mp3 in winamp.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I just converted them to OGG again and then it worked. (Weird thing was they always played for me even in game, but not for my testers.)

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just converted them to OGG again and then it worked. (Weird thing was they always played for me even in game, but not for my testers.)
You should really try Audacity to loop the songs, because some of them have an audible 'jump' when the music repeats.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I wasn't posting about looping or wanting to loop? :unsure:

Thanks for the suggestion though. ^^;

Last edited by a moderator:

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wasn't posting about looping or wanting to loop? :unsure:

Thanks for the suggestion though. ^^;
Welcome ;-). A soundtracks that doesn't loop, sounds very unprofessional for me. It's a bit like an auto-tile with a very visible seam where none should be.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Can this pack be updated to fix the issue, so nobody has to go out of their way converting stuff themselves to make it work?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png
Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickDev_