Froggo32

Wait, you can give yourself a custom title?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly it looks like one big troll.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is *clearly* a troll.1642091250952.png But you know what? I'm gonna play it anyway and offer an honest critique.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trihan I can't make up my mind. At first I thought OP was genuinely proud of their game and only lacked self awareness to an enormous degree. Then I read the comment on itch.io you posted a screenshot of and my mind also immediatly went to 'This has to be a troll.' But then again developing an entire game - and be it a short, low effort, meme game - is still a lot of effort. Too much effort, I believe, for someone to put into trying to troll a few rpgmakerweb users.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trihan I can't make up my mind. At first I thought OP was genuinely proud of their game and only lacked self awareness to an enormous degree. Then I read the comment on itch.io you posted a screenshot of and my mind also immediatly went to 'This has to be a troll.' But then again developing an entire game - and be it a short, low effort, meme game - is still a lot of effort. Too much effort, I believe, for someone to put into trying to troll a few rpgmakerweb users.

Well in honesty to understand a trolls thought process you have to be, been,or know one yourself.

I imagine OP got MV with genuine earnest to make a game, but OP is a "class clown" by nature and came to the conclusion while learning the mechanics, to make a purposely infuriating game for fun. And in that right he worked hard and put effort in and enjoyed making it like most do trying to make intentionionally good games.

If you look at it, OP is talented, to make the battle system SLOWER and all the more boring than the DEFAULT battle system takes work, plus mapping, bad boss design, etc.

he's a genuine rpg maker like the rest of us and truly wanted people to play his game like the rest of wmus want our games played the only difference here is he gets his kicks from seeing people complain about his game like the normal dev would seeing people praise their game. Its all recognition at the end of the day.

I have a feeling after this if OP makes another game, it'll probably be pretty impressive since he learned so much while making "singing sword".

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sort of Andy Kaufman-esque.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK, dev. This is your game.

Have you watched this stream? Sometimes, there are things you like that people don't. And hey, if you had fun making this game, that's all that matters. At least it succeeded in entertaining people to some extent. I'm sure the viewers at least had some laughs with your game.

I don't know if you are serious, or just fooling around, but at least you entertained some people.
013.gif

This is the best game I have ever played. Game of the year, IMO. The level of immersion, the deep plot, the moving dialog, the complex battle system, and lovable cast of unique characters have all changed my life. Now that I have tasted perfection, no other game will ever entertain me again.
It's one of those games that are enjoyable to watch, but not to play, I guess.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Power to the trolls!

Good day humans.

Wildschwein

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Honestly it looks like one big troll.
Power to the trolls!

Good day humans.
Well in honesty to understand a trolls thought process you have to be, been,or know one yourself.

I imagine OP got MV with genuine earnest to make a game, but OP is a "class clown" by nature and came to the conclusion while learning the mechanics, to make a purposely infuriating game for fun. And in that right he worked hard and put effort in and enjoyed making it like most do trying to make intentionionally good games.

If you look at it, OP is talented, to make the battle system SLOWER and all the more boring than the DEFAULT battle system takes work, plus mapping, bad boss design, etc.

he's a genuine rpg maker like the rest of us and truly wanted people to play his game like the rest of wmus want our games played the only difference here is he gets his kicks from seeing people complain about his game like the normal dev would seeing people praise their game. Its all recognition at the end of the day.

I have a feeling after this if OP makes another game, it'll probably be pretty impressive since he learned so much while making "singing sword".
But i am not a troll! My game was 100% serious! :mad:
Why do U keep calling me a troll?
U liars!!!
This is *clearly* a troll.View attachment 212771 But you know what? I'm gonna play it anyway and offer an honest critique.
When Pontiff Sulyvan kept damaging me in Dark Souls it made me feel very sad ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; !
In A well designed game you wouldn't have to take damage!
Games are for fun and taking damage isn't fun.
I think this game is destined to become legendary on these forums.
YES!!! YES!!! MAKE IT LEGENDARY!!!! MAKE IT LEGENDARY!!!! EVERYONE HAS TO SEE AND PLAY MY GAME!!!!!!!!

Wildschwein

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This shall not be put to rest yet
NOTICE THE GAME!!!

Iron_Brew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure what you're trying to do with this mythical double-posting thread necromancy, haha. Your troll game was immediately identified. Why not make something good? There's tons of resources on the forums to help you :D

Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure what you're trying to do with this mythical double-posting thread necromancy, haha. Your troll game was immediately identified. Why not make something good? There's tons of resources on the forums to help you :D
At least he isn't giving up.

Wildschwein

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's not a troll game! It's very great beautiful masterpiece of art!!!

And the reason I don't make another game is that I currently can't motivate myself to do anything. I'm assuming it's a severe depression. I've actually planned two more games, I will make someday.

Last edited:

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What are those games? Tell us all about them!

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Praise be to the Humming Hammer and the Rhyming Rifle!

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I took a small 25 minute swing at this game knowing it was a troll. It was a funny game :).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THORR1