FREE The Sleeping Sea Project

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by RaynRayn, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaynRayn

RaynRayn Kcalb Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Introduction

The Sleeping Sea Project is an in-development RPG made with RMVXA. The graphics are very basic, standard; this is my first ever RPG. I am looking for a multitude of positions that do not include artists, but do include things such as writers, betas, etc. I am going for a Deep-Sea Prisoner kind of feel here when it comes to the story and game mechanics.

Synopsis
    Young witch-in-training Jayn boards the train to Nova Academy, a renowned witching school. However, when she arrives, she finds that it has been burned down by a sinister, corrupt sea witch organization known as the Red Sea who is set on capturing all non-corrupted witches in devices known as "witch traps". It's up to Jayn, a mysterious gentlemanly boy who is sworn on protecting her, a scary-appearing girl and their familiars to locate these "witch traps" and stop the source of all this madness.

There are plenty of plot twists and surprises along the way.

Positions
    Beta Testers- I am looking for people who will be willing to test the demo and full version of the game before they are released. Your job would be to point out flaws, give advice/feedback, and identify bugs and/or glitches.

Beta Readers- I need people who are willing to read over rough drafts, final drafts, and WIPs of the currently in-progress script. Your job would be to give me feedback, criticism, point out errors, plot holes, spelling/grammar errors, etc.

Writers- I myself am capable of writing a decent script and designing characters, however I am looking for people to suggest dialogue, make edits in the script, and even come up with some events themselves. It's a rather large job, but if you are willing to do it, then I'll be happy to have you on board.

My Position
    I will be doing all of the mapping, eventing, etc, as well as some of the writing.

If you are interested in helping out, please leave a comment or PM me! Thank you for taking your time to read this! <3

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Kiwipae likes this.
  2. Kiwipae

Kiwipae Turtles. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey~:kaohi:

I've read over your project and found it interesting! I like the idea of the sea witch organization Red Sea capturing the witches. Idk why, it just seems like an interesting opponent that Jayn will face.

Mind if I help out? I can help wherever I'm needed, whether it be reading or writing or testing.

3. RaynRayn

RaynRayn Kcalb Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you so much! If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you be alright with helping out by previewing/giving feedback on the script drafts (that's what we need most as of currently)? If you'd prefer something else, just lemme know, but otherwise I can share the WIP of the script with you! Just let me know how you'd like the script to be shared, whether it's through Google Docs, PM, Discord, etc.

Again, thank you very much!

4. Santro

Santro Villager Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi!
    I've read the description of your project and found it intriguing. The idea is rather simple but it could be quite interesting if done right.
    I can help you with any of the above. I am not a writer myself buy can suggest some ideas on the plot overall.
    Drop me a message in pm if you are interested.

5. Kotori

Kotori Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi :kaohi:!
    Your project seems very creative and interesting. If there's anything I can do, please, reply.

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Closed at the request of the poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.