The Standalone version of RPG MAKER MV for linux is canceled ?.

chainedguz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I would like to know if the Standalone version of RPG MAKER MV for linux is in development or if it has been canceled.

silicaandpina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this honestly wouldn't be hard to do on enderbrain's side (since they allready have a working version of RM MV on linux via STEAM)
its just a matter of if they want to do it.. but honestly i cant see why they would make a standalone version seems steam is where there focusing right now.

(which is kinda sad because i find steam is annoying, i for one would like to just be able to run the executable file without having to run steam first. why DRM. why do you have to exist?)

but AFAIK there is no legitimate standalone version of RM MV for linux.
RM MV runs perfectly fine under WINE however, this isn't really a standalone copy. . .
acturally pretty much all the RM's work under WINE (just set 2k not to start in full screen mode) however i did notice it has a hard time playing MIDI files in some of the older RM's which is a little annoying..

Last edited:

chainedguz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this honestly wouldn't be hard to do on enderbrain's side (since they allready have a working version of RM MV on linux via STEAM)
its just a matter of if they want to do it.. but honestly i cant see why they would make a standalone version seems steam is where there focusing right now.

(which is kinda sad because i find steam is annoying, i for one would like to just be able to run the executable file without having to run steam first. why DRM. why do you have to exist?)

but AFAIK there is no legitimate standalone version of RM MV for linux.
RM MV runs perfectly fine under WINE however, this isn't really a standalone copy. . .
acturally pretty much all the RM's work under WINE (just set 2k not to start in full screen mode) however i did notice it has a hard time playing MIDI files in some of the older RM's which is a little annoying..
Anyway they should confirm whether or not a Standlone version of RPG MAKER MV for Linux will be released. If they do not say anything or there is news from here to Christmas, I will have to use another game engine.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tigersong

[mod]please do not advertise engine from other companies on this forum, especially not if the question has nothing to do with such an option.[/mod]

I've hidden your post, please remember next time that this is a company-owned forum under corporate law, not a fanforum.

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
He did say he's thinking of using another engine.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tigersong that is beside the point. As Andar said, this is a company-owned site, not a fanforum, so you may not advertize an engine from another company. Even by your own reasoning you are wrong as the OP said they were thinking of using another engine, they didn't ask for suggestions for another engine.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AFAIK there is still no standalone version for OS either, as they were having troubles with <it's too early in the morning for me to remember the correct term, but it's about checking your activation code>. Perhaps the Linux version, if there even is one, is in the same boat.

PlayBoyMan

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually prefer the Steam versions over the standalone. It's easier to install and I don't have to worry about entering product keys or keeping track of them. The Linux version of MV is also faster than the Windows version, but that's based on the OS infrastructures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hope y'all are staying healthy, safe and informed. Maybe pick up a new hobby or skill while you're at it.
Wanted to post a video of location i've finished but it doesn't work...
The game jam has done a lot of good in actually kicking my butt into action. I've even gotten over my crippling hatred of mapping thanks to it! :LZSexcite:

(Okay, there's also schoolwork forcing me to get on the computer, but I like to give credit where credit is due.)
Decided to start working on my second biome/area...

I'm sure I'll end up hating and changing things a whole lot over the next week. :LZSexcite:
I feel bad sometimes around others, I hate, and I mean HATE being touched, and I know they don't know I hate it so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiive