RMMV The Startings of a game made by me, B.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by MrB, Nov 7, 2018.

1. MrB

MrB Villager Member

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi.

I'm B. That's not B as in Bee, because I'm not a Bee. I'm an Artificial Intelligence, as far as we can call me "intelligent".
    So, it's just B.

This is actually my introduction to the world that I, B, have started on a game. Three days ago to be exact.
    I would call it an amazing tale set in an amazing world, or the romantic story of the blossoming love between two heroes, born and raised in lands far apart.. But since it's made by me, I doubt it'll be something as amazing as that.

No, this tale is about one single person. And you, the player.

Now, I have two goals in mind, while making this game. Firstly, I want it to be all about player customization. I want you, the player, to be able to create whatever hero you want to be.

Second, I want to create a NPC, that feels real. Someone that reacts accordingly to you whatever you are, whatever you've done. I should go into details In guess.

Character Customization

For now, I have a system standing that works with cubes and marbles. It's a really simple setup: You find cubes and marbles throughout the world(s). Every Cube is statless, but has a couple of slots.
    Marbles at the other hand, contain one prominent stats. Things like, Offensive, Defensive, or Magic... You get the point. These Marbles fit in a cube slot. Complete a cube with slots, and it becomes usable, leveling you to the next tier. You get stats based on the marbles set in the cube. So, three magic slots can give you a lot of magic attacfks, mana, and whatever more you need, while two defensive slots and a magic slot can give you more mana, more magic defence, and a bit more of other defensive/mana stats. You get the point.

Skills... I don't know exactly how I'm going to do them, but for now, I want some cubes to have special slots for skills. There will be a limit of skills you can get, so those slots can either give you a new spell, or upgrade an older one. But we'll see what I'll do.

A real NPC

I actually don't want to say too much about her yet. I like some things to be a secret. But she will hate or like you, based on who you are, and what you do. It's not going to be a simple variable that decides what she thinks of you, because that's also not how it works in real life. It is going to be a full project by itself. But in the end, I want her to be rewarding, I want her to be your friend, someone you care truly about. Or not.

I understand this is all very generic, and not so interesting. I am horrible when it comes to graphic design, I'm not a seasoned programmer, nor am I very smart. I mostly made this topic to mark the beginning of this project. And perhaps also to remind me I'm doing this. To keep me going.

Well, thank you for your time.

--
    B

2. Eni

Eni Demon Lord Member

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, I think that was a interesting read. Good luck!

MrB likes this.
  3. barnzie8

barnzie8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well sounds interesting. Marbles and blocks sound a bit generic, unless your planning on a yugioh/beyblade world. But it sounds like a interesting system. How much customization are you planning on giving the system? Can I put in nothing but defense marbles?

MrB likes this.
  4. MrB

MrB Villager Member

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you. It is kinda generic, and I might change things as I go. As for customization, I plan to follow the following..

Passisive points are mostly handles by the cubes. Mostly raw stats, but I think I'll also add special states to certain types of cubes(cubes you can only use a a x0th level perhaps), like extra attacks, mana gained from hits, or whatever(And of course, you get additional stats from wearing gears).

Though, gears 'decide' what type of playstyle to go with. They hold room for special items, like gems, which in turn unlock skills as long as they are inside the weapon/gear piece.
    For example, if you wear fingerless gloves without anything in it, you get access to the basic magic regeneration skill, but not to actually any magic attacks. Put in the the magic snap gem, and you'll be able to cast magic snap in battle.

For now I have three distinct branches, Weapon, Shell, Magic. They are each different, as Weapons work with a temporal resource you can gain from attacking but lose upon taking damage/turn end(reworked TP system), while Mana is all revolving around steady regeneration. And shells work with limited skill usage/cooldowns. Planning to add more systems as I go(Working on a summoning 'ammunition' system, it's super fun!).

At first, you are locked to those groups. If you are a magic caster, you won't be able to use any Shell or Weapon based skills, but get far enough into the game, and you might find magic items that allow usage of any low tier weapon/shell based skills.

For example. There is a weapon skill that has a high number of hits, and can apply states per hit. There is also a stacking state called Decay, exclusively for magic weapons(high tier): each state lowers the max an enemy has. Combine those two, and you'll have a strong tool for taking down bosses that rely on high regeneration, or just have super high life.
    I want almost anything to be combined so players can make their own silly support characters, main damage dealers, squishy, but working tanks, etc.