RMMV The Three Visions

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by cradth, Feb 28, 2018.

1. cradth

cradth :) Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

THE THREE VISIONS
    Latest version :
    PC vers. FULL v1.07

Android vers. CANCELED

+STORY+

Three thousand years ago there was a great war between the three Clans of the Demon World. Lucifer and his Diablos Legion had almost won the war, but somebody from the Daegon Clan was appeared, and stood up against the entire legion, supernaturally undefeated. His name was Lapans. Later he claimed the Fire Throne and conquered the Demon World.

Three thousand years later...

Three great heroes are destined to save the Kingdom of Trilands from the evil Demon King, Lapans, who want to destroy the Mortal World for fun, indeed an evil-stupid plan of total destruction. But in the final dungeon, the heroes are defeated easily. It's strange, since the fate does the opposite of what the prophecy told the humans to believe : the destined heroes will prevail, no matter how strong the villain is. This questionable "destined-but-failed" issue will be investigated by the Demon King himself, Lapans.

+CHARACTERS+
    Laharpanas Daegon
    The current Demon King. Son of all Daemons and Dragons,
    the Descendant of the Legendary Daegon Meravi.
    He's rude, arrogant and merciless. Almost everything about him is bad.
    The only good thing about him, he's undefeated.

Zamber Gledegh
    One of the 3 Thunder Gods. Zamber is an old fashioned god.
    He prefers heavy armor, while the other two Thunder Gods,
    Petyr and Ferde are wearing fancy clothes. He was mastered
    the Thunder Sword Arts in his youth.

Tou Vanbadai
    A former priest whose dedicated himself to the Temple of Thunder.
    He was trained under his superior, Einhazar Lizecsou. Opposite to his past,
    he's a peerless womanizer who constantly flirting with any attractive lady he sees.

Einhazar Lizecsou
    He was senior priest in the Temple of Thunder.
    Nobody knows his whereabouts since the incident of the deadly
    epidemic illness that befell the Kingdom of Trilands.

+FEATURES+

Easy Leveling, Intense Battle

You can build your skills & attributes without level-grinding. It's pretty easy to reach the maximum level for each character. Your victory throughout the battles will be determined by strategy, runes and how fast your reaction and determination.

Fast paced Story with plot twist

5~10 Hours Gameplay. You'll have an important decision making and moral response that will affect the gameplay and the ending you'll get at the end of the game. Also there's a peripeteia when you reach a certain point in the game.

The 3 x 3 Concept

3 Main Characters, 3 Main Quest, 3 Side Quests, 3 Different Endings, 3 Worlds, 3 Towns, 3 Fields, 3 Dungeons, 3 Secret Areas, 3 category of items with 3 items per category, 3 Swords for each character with 3 upgrades, 3 Weapon Fusions, 3 Magic Schools with 3 Elements, 3 Levels Runes, 3 Synthesizers, 3 x 3 areas with 3 x 3 tiles per area, and the other 3s...

+SCREENSHOTS+
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

+VIDEO+

+GUIDE+

Actually it's a feedback for runes balance, posted by no2ironman1100 in page 2.
    You can read it for runes reference.
    Time seems to be way strong. It's stats pretty much makes it ALWAYS better than the other undefined runes.
    Curse has the worst stats so far: You get it around endgame, where your hp is in the 8-900 at minimum. So the HP boost is negligeable, and time gives a way bigger action boost (+astral, ap boost). Curse even has a chance reduction, which I assume is your dodge rate or critical hit/hit chance. (Don't know) which makes it even worse stats wise.
    The curse ability is nice for slow teams (compared to ennemy), but on quick teams you'd rather deal extra damage than take off half of their turns. Seeing how optimal play seems to go, I'd rather use Time most of the time(excuse pun);
    Or Space Which has a larger AP boost that can be usefull for going through an area or a character playing as support using def-rune, Since extra speed does nothing if you run dry of energy in a short time.

Overall, Time dominates in boss battles (usefull spell with slow or speed up that gives you ap) or farming (extra speed helps you use a melee build to farm mobs) Effectively making it the go-to spell for most things.
    I haven't tested the abilities of space yet, But unless they deal crazy amounts of damage, I'd rather use the damage abilities of thunder or fire, Or use my SP abilities more by using time lvl2/3 to slow/accelerate, Right ?

In general, you can just take Time level 2/3 for any build and filll in the gap

All defense runes are usefull.
    Water has good stats, and it has a usefull ability (lots of strong ennemies use astral, Astral dmg reduction is very good)
    Earth has lower stats than water or metal, But it has by far the most op ability (Regenerates a TON of hp with level 2/3) even if it costs quite a bit of sp,
    Metal has the ability to make physical damage become nothing, altough it means less astral defense.
    With the stats of the characters, It litteraly makes all of them usefull.

Offensive magic also have an okay balance so far,
    Wind coming in as my favorite for melee and general builds because it has a big action and slash boost. It's top tier early game and stays strong late game, with spells that can kill low level mobs easily, making farming extra quick. The spells are somewhat op early game to late game but suck at longer ranges. more usefull if you want to BLIND.
    Lightning doing crazy astral damage boost combined with an alright slash boost, It's the strongest mid game for just progression if you have the right build, Stays somewhat usefull late game. It's tier 1 and 2 spells are pretty strong against the right ennemy types, But it becomes weak later on. It's tier 3 isn't of any use against bosses however.
    Fire has an okay but lower astral damage boost, But the spell itself is stronger than lightning's single target.

I'm still unsure about the Ability runes, But they seem somewhat balanced, altough again with a slight tip to speed again.

Speed is pretty strong;
    (I'm starting to wonder if I just really love speed or if it's really that usefull)
    for melee builds, it's a lot less usefull unless you don't have your time;Wind rune slotted in. In case you have both of those in, you're probably better off with extra slash for melee or whatever defense type that ennemy implies (endure/barrier)

Against bosses, I feel Endure and Barrier would fall off since I noticed damage seems reductive (values can go to zero) Speed's dodge chance then becomes more usefull because it's technically 8% less dmg on BOTH astral and physical, which becomes exponentially usefull and would at high damage values levels just meant endure and barrier are useless in comparison.
    Slash still stays strong, It counters the ennemy's defense and of course, SP abilities that use slash take time meaning diminishing return of speed while slash countering defense

What about astral ?
    Astral is If you're counting on spells, it's very good. The main thing is that for me, It's only when i'm fighting tough mobs that I need to farm(whereas slash or speed can find use against low level mobs, bosses and tough mobs too)

I have no or little input on the synth runes yet, as I need to farm up even more to have several level 2 runes of each type.

Tl;DR, and a bit more though on the overall thing.
    As of now, between your destructive, undefined and ability rune, It's vital to have at least ONE speed rune (Wind;Time(space can work as a weaker alternative); Or Speed)

Defense runes are amazingly well balanced;
    The offensive rune's balance is off, With speed or lightning serving a lot of general purposes, and fire falling behind except if you need a bit more damage reduction. Damage types may close the gap.
    Undefined runes feel like they have no balance except damage typing; The only good ones seem to be time 2 and 3, altough I truthfully did not check the damage curse 3 does or the dmg space does; You'd rather use an offensive spell or time's speed increase on allies/decrease on ennemies. Time Therefore has the most broken stats and an ability that's nearly as usefull or more usefull in situations than Curse or Space's ability. But space and curse could be used to opponents for which other magics would not work as well, so very niche situations. Space however is very good early on if you need that extra bit of SP to get through an area; As of course; As the saying goes "What's the point of running fast if you can't run the lap" or something.

The problem with damage typing closing such gaps is that it's sometimes unclear what type X ennemy is.

Finally, The Ability runes Have a fair enough balance but astral falls behind later on because of all destruction runes giving an astral increase AND the time rune which is the easiest to put on for 90% of the fights giving an astral and ap boost too. So then I just feel the need for extra speed or defense.

This could be used as a guide; but don't count on it too much. I still have not figured out damage formulas for all the attacks and rune magics or SP abilities or compared them all individually; But I have a general sense of it after grinding out with different setups and repeating a few bossfights; So far; Lapans seems to dominate bossfights anyways, With zams just being a really good support and Tou... Speedboosting ? And doing 1/5th of the damage...

Also:
    Found that stupid bear: First try kill :). didn't even have to come back to take the proper build (I litteraly had the build I use to farm mid level mobs on and it owned him)
    I guess that makes me now have all 3 red, Blue and green souls. I assume I didn't miss any (that would either make four colors or four of them on a color; Which doesn't seem to go with theme)
    I wonder why was I gifted all of the 3 souls for tou though. The 6 other souls I had to work for somewhat. It's like you went with a theme there. Something about tou having it easy.

About sword balance too though:
    Altough it's an alright offset to lose two of your elemental damage types to craft your ultimate sword forms, Was it really intentional to have you lose any way other than spells(or SP abilities, but to get SP you'd then need to use spells) to hit astral beings ? It makes farming in a few areas very tedious since you need to use your astral abilities to hit.

+CREDITS+

Plugins :
    Moghunter & Yanfly
    Graphics & Characters :
    I'm using RM MV tilesets
    and RM MV Character generator.
    Sound & Musics :
    RGSS2, RGSS3, Cabal Online.

+DOWNLOADS+

Enjoy. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    atoms and Century2Knight like this.
  2. Stanley

Stanley Nobody, Joystrike Scientist Veteran

First Language:
    Malay, Lotudian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not a wise choice of personal motive there. o3o Perhaps it could be elaborated more. Or is this PAFO(Play and find out) tease?

So it's gonna be a short game? It has a good feel to it tho.

cradth likes this.
  3. SingDango

SingDango Villager Member

First Language:
    Mandarin
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You have a nice logo! But I agree with Stanley.

cradth likes this.
  4. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello, I'm sorry I didn't see this post came and there was no notification.
    I thought I wouldn't get any feedback for this game. XD

yes, it's a tease. The main plot is in the last paragraph,
    where the protagonist (the Demon King himself)
    is coming to the Mortal World to investigate anything related
    to the "weak heroes". And this game contains a lot of humours,
    Not for everyone taste though , sometimes a bit cheesy. XD

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the demo.
    The full version of the game will be out soon. :)

5. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Lots of 3s here. Seems like an interesting game. I've downloaded the demo. Will let you know my thoughts once I've played it.

cradth likes this.
  6. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi. Thanks for give it a try. Please don't slap my face for the cheesy jokes,
    I'm still learning how to write dialogue. *trying to make excuses* XD

I welcome any feedback, it doesn't matter positive & negative. :)

7. onipunk

onipunk Archmage of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The maps and concept is pretty nice, but I can't help but notice this is the fourth project you've got within the first two pages of this forum, are you sure it's maybe not a better idea to focus on one or two projects at a time for now? All of the projects individually look good but I'm concerned that dividing your focus like that is going to become an issue

cradth and VioletSpark like this.
  8. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    3 of 4 projects are almost 80% done, these games were started years ago,
    but i put these games a bit late to this forum. But yes, I'm kinda stuck with English translation,
    sometimes it gets me frustated, such lists are long and tedious to translate. Going to focus
    on one of them and finish it one by one. Thanks a lot for the advice. :)

9. onipunk

onipunk Archmage of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I can't imagine how much work goes into translation so I can totally get behind that, if it's just the last bit of translation and polish work on thise projects then that makes a whole lot more sense. Best of luck with it!

cradth likes this.
  10. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    almost reach the end, including this 3x3LD game,
    but I'm still rewriting the same dialogues in a single event,
    over and over for hours.lol ...Thank you! :D

11. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The game is finished. :)
    The Three Visions FULL v1.04 is released~

*I renamed the game title since there's a manga called 3x3 out there.

Feature Updates

Easy Leveling, Intense Battle
    You can build your skills & attributes without level-grinding. It's pretty easy to reach the maximum level for each character. Your victory throughout the battles will be determined by strategy, runes and how fast your reaction and determination.

Fast paced Story with plot twist

5~10 Hours Gameplay. You'll have a crucial decision making and moral dilemma response that will affect the gameplay and the ending you'll get at the end of the game. Also there's a peripeteia when you reach a certain point in the game.

The 3 x 3 Concept

3 Main Characters, 3 Main Quest, 3 Side Quests, 3 Different Endings, 3 Worlds, 3 Towns, 3 Fields, 3 Dungeons, 3 Secret Areas, 3 category of items with 3 items per category, 3 Swords for each character with 3 upgrades, 3 Weapon Fusions, 3 Magic Schools with 3 Elements, 3 Levels Runes, 3 Synthesizers, 3 x 3 areas with 3 x 3 tiles per area, and the other 3s...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  12. Century2Knight

Century2Knight Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Congratulations on your finished project. This game seems fun. I’ll swing by your thread again later to download the game
    and leave a review on your thread. Not technically, maybe just a random thought.

cradth likes this.
  13. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks!^^ I'd like to receive any feedback,
    hope to hear more from you.

14. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Forgot to write the changelogs and such.

Full v1.04 Changelogs :

+ 5~9 Hours gameplay with 3 Endings.
    + 3rd Playable character, Tou Vanbadai.
    + Change maximum level to 50.
    + Add 23 Enemies, there are 33 Enemies in total.
    + Lv.2 & Lv.3 Runes, including Elemental Modifier.
    + Complete weapon set for Zamber Gledegh & Tou Vanbadai.
    + Cosmos Altar for Lapans.

+++

Future update :

+ Grammar fix for Chapter 2 - Go to Hell, and Chapter 3 - Stairway to Heaven.
    + Create more areas & dungeons in Demon World & Divine World.
    + Add Time & Curse-type hidden Bosses. (I forgot to put these elemental bosses) XD
    + Add Gelisha Daegon - Bonus Chapter
    + Add 5 Jobs for Lapans (Currently there are 4 Jobs for Lapans)
    + Polishing the last dungeon
    + Polishing Goddess Resort, you can rebuild this place later.

An opening & gameplay video.

15. Century2Knight

First Language:
    English
    Hey, so I just reached level 30 on my second playthrough, things I like=the game has a variety of interactive objects, a plethora of secrets to indulge in and some maps have interesting design. things I dislike=the battle gets very tough when you get to high levels, it needs a proper stats balance. Issue?=seems the game can crash when using a space magic. Other note=Obviously there's a room for improvement. Good luck with the project.

cradth likes this.
  16. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello, thanks for the feedback.
    Which space magic? is it Zero Gravity?
    Sorry for asking, but what difficulty are you playing at?

Thank you. :)

17. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The Three Visions FULL v1.05 is released~

Full v1.05 Changelogs :

+ Grammar! Of course.^^
    + Move some enemies' position, so they won't disturb
    your movement in a higher terrain. (I can't describe it well,
    you'll know once you played the game)
    + Improve some dialogues
    + Add SP numbers on battle HUD
    + Magic Call fixes (Some skills trigger a game crash)
    + Glitch and minor bug fixes

let me know if you find any bug/glitch,
    I'll update the game in a day.

Have fun. :)

18. Century2Knight

First Language:
    English
    Normal Mode. sorry I was wrong, it's not the space magic. the game doesn't crash the last time it is used. It's the earth magic, maybe the alter-element vers?i don't know but from what i can tell it seems to be related to the crash.

cradth likes this.
  19. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, thanks for feedback. do you mean the elementa modifier ones?
    you can try to update your game to v1.05, I didn't test the earth magic call yet,
    but this release fixed a bug that related to magics. I hope it works well.

EDIT : I'm sorry I didn't balance the game yet. But if you're playing
    at normal difficulty the overall balance of the game should be fine. as long as
    you keep upgrading your runes.

20. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The Three Visions
    Android vers
    . v1.06A is released~

v1.06A Changelogs :

+ Grammar! Of course.^^