The Touch the Stars Game Jam Starts Now! $2k in Prizes!

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
BlogHeader.png

It's time to TOUCH THE STARS! And by that, we mean make the best game you can possibly make. You have 1 month to make a game with RPG Maker MZ with the theme of "Touch the Stars". But how you interpret that theme is up to you!

Don't own RPG Maker MZ? No problem! We're providing a special contest version of RPG Maker MZ that is FREE TO USE THROUGH AUGUST 1ST!

Nothing is stopping you from competing for the grand prize of $1,000 dollars!

Click below to read the full rules and how to submit your game!

Touch the Stars Game Jam

And head over to the blog to get the free to use contest version of RPG Maker MZ!

DownloadButton.png

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok... I've installed Opera and went through

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is cool! Still unsure whether I enter or not, but...
*Watches the thread so I keep getting reminded of this competition. :ninja:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah man this looks fun!

QUESTION! I have been using the trial version of MZ to play with and have 13 days left. Now obviously that is not enough time left for the jam, but am I allowed to uninstall the trial version of MZ and download the free jam edition? (Since due to the jam's nature, it seems the jam version is more appropriate to use anyway). If yes, can I still use the same e-mail address I entered when I got the trial version for the contest version, or would that conflict in anyway?

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was just thinking of making a small game to get back into game dev! This is perfect timing :kaopride:

Question: Both the free steam and standalone versions will be able to be used for the whole month+the extra 8 days, correct?
I'm noticing their download time frames are not the same.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Woww... That's pretty cool...
I remember that last time I started a game jam, was really bad for my emotional health xD
But the prizes, the theme, everything looks really nice!
I think I will try this one ^^'

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah man this looks fun!

QUESTION! I have been using the trial version of MZ to play with and have 13 days left. Now obviously that is not enough time left for the jam, but am I allowed to uninstall the trial version of MZ and download the free jam edition? (Since due to the jam's nature, it seems the jam version is more appropriate to use anyway). If yes, can I still use the same e-mail address I entered when I got the trial version for the contest version, or would that conflict in anyway?
Should be no problem. You might receive some duplicate emails that are sent out over the 20 day trial.

If you run into any issue, send me a pm and I'll get it sorted.
I was just thinking of making a small game to get back into game dev! This is perfect timing :kaopride:

Question: Both the free steam and standalone versions will be able to be used for the whole month+the extra 8 days, correct?
I'm noticing their download time frames are not the same.
Steam version is only the free week. Standalone covers the entire contest.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy Can you elaborate on the judging criteria for this jam?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Touchfuzzy Can you elaborate on the judging criteria for this jam?

There is no specific judging criteria. Each judge judges on a scale of 1-10 based on how good they think the game is.

There is no specific weighting for graphics/mechanics/story/etc.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is no specific judging criteria. Each judge judges on a scale of 1-10 based on how good they think the game is.

Can you elaborate on which judges accept bribes and in what form they prefer their bribes to be?

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Thanks for the response, so then I assume the ranked winners will be the 3 entries with the highest total scores?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the response, so then I assume the ranked winners will be the 3 entries with the highest total scores?
Yes, the 3 with the highest total scores.

The judging process is a bit more involved though than "everyone plays every game", I'm going to do a full explanation of the judging process in a post next week.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank god that it is MZ only x.x I wouldn't have been able to resist otherwise xD

If I want to have our demo out at the end of the year I can't spent a month woth another game, though. Still a shame :( It's the second really cool event won't participate in, though I'd love too.

But I am sure we'll see a bunch of awesome game, so I am atill lookong forward to it.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In case anyone's wondering Drifty has confirmed that he "totally won't" be bribed for 200 million boxes of girl scout cookies.
If he accepts thin mints I'm going to have to remove him as a judge.

Thin mints are a trash cookie and I'm not afraid to say it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here
Mr_Petue wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilhelm