The Touch the Stars Game Jam Starts Now! $2k in Prizes!

Walldeaf

The Event-Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good luck Everyone.

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know what you mean. I still have SO MUCH TO DO but it's getting there!

btw, for people who have submitted: did you package up your project in an installer or anything like that? Standard deployment still allows access to js files and I'm wary of handing people paid plugins in a handy zip.
I just used standard deployment, but I was only using my own janky plugins and those already free to use. I remember using Enigma Virtual Box in the past to keep things more secure, but that caused the game to load a lot worse...
It is unfortunate there isn't a better default protection for the js files though.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I submitted my entry yesterday as well. Definitely stressed that there might be a game breaking bug I didn't find, but excited to see what everyone has made! :kaopride:
Good luck to all!

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Less than 3 hours left and I'm still wrapping the game up!
AAAAHH Panic!!

I'm definitely not gonna do the thing I was gonna do where the player walks back home and there's maybe a boss or two in the way lol... It's aaaall cutscene now.
Back to work!

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wish I has started earlier - there was so many little things I would have liked to refine. I don't think I'm gonna win (it took my test player over 8 hours to beat the game) but I hope the judges (and everyone) enjoy my little game.

I had a lot of fun making it!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unlike the rest here, I'm...not going to make it. I'm not sure why I thought I could do this in 3 day, as that was really only enough time to
  • (Day 1) Get the starting character class selection set up. You get to pick 4 classes, FF1 style, out of a total of 8. Also spent that day planning what the classes would be.
  • (Day 2) Spent making the starting town and first mini-overworld as well as starting on getting the database cleaned up (junk skill/item/equip entries replaced by usable ones, mostly. Also had to clean up weird quirks in my unfinished, not-even-alpha-stage plugins. At least the action sequence system works!
  • (Day 3 - that's today!) More databasework, plopping NPCs in the town, getting some enemies made, and finally realizing there's no way I'm going to be able to get even a third of the first area/dungeon done in time.
So...white flag.

That said, I like where this game's direction is going, so I think I'll continue to work on it for the next few days or so, especially since I'm kind of bored and in a rut on my main project. I really should've started on time...

Good luck everyone else!

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I may or may not have a secret. :LZSexcite:
poppet_quest_submitted.jpg

Sure, it never quite hit the level I was hoping for. I had some serious lofty aspirations. But after reality kicked in I figured I'd blow up some judge's computers submit the game as is. It is beatable from start to finish, not so sure about balanced or bug free though.. But the main character alone has 1,176 frames of animations. So at least it's shiny. :LZSwink:

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well hopefully there's lots more people racing to get theirs in at the last moment. :LZSexcite:

I can't be the only last minute guy. :kaoswt:

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made it in!! Barely but still!
And this time there aren't any immediately gamebreaking bugs... I think.

Well. I still have 7 minutes to fix them if I find them, time to playtest at the speed of light!

Link if anyone's interested lol vvvvv

bishiba

Adept
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Darnit, if only there was one more hour!! :( Best of luck to everyone who made it!

Dezue

pat reon.com/peninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Submitted at well! Congrats to all participants! :LZSjoy:
We're full of bugs unfortunately, just learned about the jam too late... Well, the next version with updated content and bug fixes is always around the corner ;)

Have a sweet weekend, everybody!
Dez

Dama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Good luck to everyone.
recently I'm in a state of who am I, what am I, what is this, and what is that, so I passed this time. can't find the proper emoji :ewat:

ImaginaryVillain

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
121 Entries! You guys like to make me sweat thinking that the game jam wasn't going to be a success only to sweep in and submit like 80 games in the last 2 days >_>
I mean you only gave us a month, were you really expecting that many people to finish quickly?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And of course my game has a game-breaking bug at a critical point just before the gameplay part I put the most work into.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broskiman1