The Touch the Stars Game Jam Starts Now! $2k in Prizes!

Driftwood Gaming

https://discord.gg/DriftwoodGaming OfficialPartner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If he accepts thin mints I'm going to have to remove him as a judge.

Thin mints are a trash cookie and I'm not afraid to say it.

Thin mints are literal garbage. I wouldn't eat them even if I had 200 million boxes of them.

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, I probably won't be able to finish something in time - or it will be rubbish - but I'll give it a go. The mapping contest taught me a bit of time discipline so maybe I can whip myself into line. It's all good experience in any case so why not have a hack?!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How much in prizes? Your first post says $1k in a couple of places, but the thread title says $2k.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
$1000 is the grand prize, the prize pool is $2000 total.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
$1000 is the grand prize, the prize pool is $2000 total.
This, in the image we were trying to portray them reaching up for the grand prize. Which is $1k. Add together then 500 for 2nd, and 250 for 3rd and Fan Favorite, and it is $2k in total prizes :)

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The timing couldn't be more perfect. I am already putting together my synopsis, and have a working frame.
Does rule 18 mean we cannot have parodies in our game?

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is definetly interesting...

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds exciting!

@Touchfuzzy Since Rule 7 specifically mentions "You may use resources sold through Komodo in the Degica Games Shop or via Steam", are we allowed to use assets from other stores (e.g., Itch.io or Japanese websites)? Given that the creators of the assets allow it in their terms of use, of course.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This sounds exciting!

@Touchfuzzy Since Rule 7 specifically mentions "You may use resources sold through Komodo in the Degica Games Shop or via Steam", are we allowed to use assets from other stores (e.g., Itch.io or Japanese websites)? Given that the creators of the assets allow it in their terms of use, of course.
As long as the creators terms allow it, yes.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The timing couldn't be more perfect. I am already putting together my synopsis, and have a working frame.
Does rule 18 mean we cannot have parodies in our game?
Mostly we would prefer people just work with their own original characters. If it would fall under being a legally distinct character from a real life person, you should be fine.

If it comes off as REALLY thinly veiled though I think we'd eye it suspiciously.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This, in the image we were trying to portray them reaching up for the grand prize. Which is $1k. Add together then 500 for 2nd, and 250 for 3rd and Fan Favorite, and it is $2k in total prizes :)

Yeah, I was just confused because the first post didn't make any mention of the other prizes. I didn't follow the link to the jam page.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank god that it is MZ only x.x I wouldn't have been able to resist otherwise xD

If I want to have our demo out at the end of the year I can't spent a month woth another game, though. Still a shame :( It's the second really cool event won't participate in, though I'd love too.

But I am sure we'll see a bunch of awesome game, so I am atill lookong forward to it.

My exact sentiments! I'm at a crucial point right now and summer could really make a difference with my progress so as much as I'd LOVE to i have to bow out of this game jam,shame as I have a REALLY interesting short story idea I'd love to get out of my system

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a REALLY interesting short story idea I'd love to get out of my system
My brain also immediately started popping out ideas. I will preserve them for the next event :)

Meowsticks

Just a person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm entering! I don't know how well I will be able to make a game in a month's time, but regardless of how well I do this is a good way to learn how to develop more concisely. Good luck to everyone else that entered as well! :D

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm working on 3 games right now. I don't know if a 4th is a good idea, LOL.

d3j4-v00d00

do that voodoo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think I'll go for this one! I don't expect much, but at least I'll put some actual work in, right?

I love Thin Mints what is wrong with you.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think I'll go for this one! I don't expect much, but at least I'll put some actual work in, right?

I love Thin Mints what is wrong with you.

Trying to make something amazing is the first step in making something amazing.

(also honestly I just hate chocolate mint. I like chocolate, I like mint, but I think the combination makes both worse than each individually would be).

d3j4-v00d00

do that voodoo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Trying to make something amazing is the first step in making something amazing.

(also honestly I just hate chocolate mint. I like chocolate, I like mint, but I think the combination makes both worse than each individually would be).

(Fair! Everyone has different tastes, after all. )

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question are we allowed to do game thread as game in development for them in the RMweb forum @Touchfuzzy ?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Made a Mapping Tutorial on Adding Lighting/Shadows using Tileset

Currently working on a playlist of songs that have inspired my work on revamping Battle Castle, and making sure they flow decently from one to the next. I will be posting it whenever I upload my next demo.
This is the first song in the playlist.
Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenu