The Touch the Stars Game Jam Starts Now! $2k in Prizes!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you for the answert!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great, just when I was running out of distractions to keep me from working on my "main" game project, along comes this. Does "published on Steam" mean that your game is published as a free game, or that it's for purchase and that you're going to be splitting the profits with Kadodegimodo as the publisher? If the former, I'm assuming I can have the entry be a Demo/Chapter 1, then release the full thing commercially. (Assuming I even win anything of course, which I probably won't!)

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great, just when I was running out of distractions to keep me from working on my "main" game project, along comes this. Does "published on Steam" mean that your game is published as a free game, or that it's for purchase and that you're going to be splitting the profits with Kadodegimodo as the publisher? If the former, I'm assuming I can have the entry be a Demo/Chapter 1, then release the full thing commercially. (Assuming I even win anything of course, which I probably won't!)

Published as a free game. But that is only the version you submit. You can then do what you want to with your game after that. Make a larger game out of it and go commercial with it. Expand it and publish it as a free game yourself. Expand it and ask us to update the free version we put up. That is all up to you. :).

Really we are just going to publish the free version of what you submit to your contest as both marketing for you as a developer and RPG Maker MZ as an engine. And if you expand it later and want to go commercial with it, we'll give it a shout out and stuff as well.

Sullien

Dev Candidate
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Definitely sounds interesting! A great opportunity to test how far you can go, joining this jam sounds really fun.

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Touchfuzzy , a while back I had downloaded to free MZ trial and the time expired. Now when I download the event version, it comes up with this:
1624412342818.png
Does that mean I'm not allowed to enter the competition or is there a way to fix this?

jonathanjustin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Excited to see everyone's games. Thanks so much for doing this and making RPG Maker MZ available to everyone! I am going to share this on reddit.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
wow this is huge

jonathanjustin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
if anyone else has errors downloading the free version, use another browser like IE

Akiyama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I use a mac, and was going to join in on this for fun, but don't have MZ yet. (I do have pretty much every other version of RPGMaker, including a few steam versions I bought...so I own multiple copies of these...). When I went to download it popped up with an executable file for windows, but no options for a Mac.

Is there a demo version for Mac, and I'm just not seeing it?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @Touchfuzzy , a while back I had downloaded to free MZ trial and the time expired. Now when I download the event version, it comes up with this:
Does that mean I'm not allowed to enter the competition or is there a way to fix this?

Trying to figure out what is going on with this. Apologies for the trouble. Will see if I can figure it out tonight when the JP team gets in.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
oh no~ the theme sounds so cute~ it's so tempting! <3

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I use a mac, and was going to join in on this for fun, but don't have MZ yet. (I do have pretty much every other version of RPGMaker, including a few steam versions I bought...so I own multiple copies of these...). When I went to download it popped up with an executable file for windows, but no options for a Mac.

I've merged your thread with the jam thread, as @Touchfuzzy is more likely to see your question here.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Unfortunately, we don't have a free contest version available for Mac.

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks Touchfuzzy. I'll be standing by ;).

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks Touchfuzzy. I'll be standing by ;).
Sent you a PM.

For everyone else: If you downloaded the contest version, check and see if you are using 1.3.1 by selecting Help => About from the menu. If you aren't , redownload, the contest version has been updated to 1.3.1.

If you have any trouble redownloading, please PM me and I'll take care of it.

SulphurousGoat

The goate boye
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a question, is the 1.3.1 going to be released for the contest free standalone version? :kaocry:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Touchfuzzy Do we have to uninstall the previous contest version, then install the 1.3.1 version, or does running the new .exe just overwrite the old one? (Though I assume uninstalling then reinstalling is the best course of action, but just curious!)

EDIT: Tried redownloading the standalone, but cancelled it since the .exe says it's 1.3.0 which is the version I have, or was the file just not renamed?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Akiyama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, thanks for letting me know! Guess I won't be joining that one this year. Could've been fun :)
Unfortunately, we don't have a free contest version available for Mac.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Touchfuzzy Do we have to uninstall the previous contest version, then install the 1.3.1 version, or does running the new .exe just overwrite the old one? (Though I assume uninstalling then reinstalling is the best course of action, but just curious!)

EDIT: Tried redownloading the standalone, but cancelled it since the .exe says it's 1.3.0 which is the version I have, or was the file just not renamed?

File was just not renamed because when we put it up originally we weren't expecting to have to immediately replace it with 1.3.1 >_>. Changing the file name would mean switching up some other stuff in the backend.

It is 1.3.1 the filename just says 1.3.0. Uninstall old and reinstall new.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just released a new trailer for Manafinder! It's the TGS trailer! :D I'm very happy with the result!
sooo... im gonna go ahead and release all my game ideas on android as Beta. Everyone will be nice right? cause its Beta... right?...

AABS traps and heals (detail is below the YTB desc)
 I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.
Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrBea