The Touch the Stars Game Jam Starts Now! $2k in Prizes!

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Touchfuzzy i was actually wondering what is the process when multiple entries end with a tie? Like Lets say 3 games score a total of 36 points...

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have time to make super pretty maps so I'm focusing on simple and sleek.
Yeah I can't do that lol. I end up starting simple, but eventually I start detailing and fixing things without thinking.
Like, I was using rtp as a placeholder tileset to force myself not to do that, but ended up doing it anyway, so I had to pick between remaking the whole map or editing the tiles I was actually gonna use so I could just switch them out. Fun fact FSM keeps the top of the cliff tiles on the B-E pages.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Touchfuzzy i was actually wondering what is the process when multiple entries end with a tie? Like Lets say 3 games score a total of 36 points...

I'll have to think of some tie breakers. It is a good question.

astra_not

not astra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I messed up while trying to update and downloaded the real version instead of the contest one. I realized my mistake when I got the trial expired message, so I uninstalled, and then downloaded and installed the contest version. But now I'm getting this screen: Screenshot 2021-07-07 184559.png

Is there any way to fix this?

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please forgive me if this has been answered already: When I make this game with the special demo version, do I keep the rights to the finished product when my demo expires? I'd like to be able to upload my submission on Newgrounds without breaking some sort of Copyright rules...

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ha ha, nice of you to say so but I don't think any one was in any danger. I can make pretty maps but I get so caught up in that I can hardly claim to be a great game maker!
I could have recreated the event but having lost the subsequent three days to the migraine and another after that to foggy-can't-be-bothered brain I really just couldn't get the motivation happening again.

Who knows though, there is still a bit of time left. Maybe a miracle will happen and I'll get up tomorrow morning full of vim and vigour and have another crack!
It sounds like we have the opposite problem. I'm still really new at making maps and am slowly figuring out how to make certain puzzles work. On the other hand, I have no problem with dialogue and narrative.
Also, I find that a good cup of coffee or tea (which really depends on the mood) really help bring me from foggy to inspired. Of course, this is combined with a solid 2+ hours of sleep per night!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please forgive me if this has been answered already: When I make this game with the special demo version, do I keep the rights to the finished product when my demo expires? I'd like to be able to upload my submission on Newgrounds without breaking some sort of Copyright rules...
Yes, you keep all rights to it.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I messed up while trying to update and downloaded the real version instead of the contest one. I realized my mistake when I got the trial expired message, so I uninstalled, and then downloaded and installed the contest version. But now I'm getting this screen: View attachment 194629

Looking into it now.

Aslanemperor

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I noticed someone reference "points". Is there somewhere I can see a rundown on how scoring works for the gamejam?

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I messed up while trying to update and downloaded the real version instead of the contest one. I realized my mistake when I got the trial expired message, so I uninstalled, and then downloaded and installed the contest version. But now I'm getting this screen: View attachment 194629

I had a similar problem at the start of the contest (unable to open MZ because of a previously expired trial version). I wasn't able to get the issue resolved, unfortunately. :(

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I noticed someone reference "points". Is there somewhere I can see a rundown on how scoring works for the gamejam?
It's pretty simple. Each judge scores them 1-10 based on how good they think it is. Add scores together.

There is a bit more details to the judging process, but as far as how it is scored that is it.

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found out way too late, this might have been a good chance to finally make myself try MZ.

Oh well, good luck to everyone participating!

Zaylkanestc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright, I'm participating, but I haven't purchased the RMMZ as of yet, would it be permissable to use MZ trial version since I missed the game jam edition?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Alright, I'm participating, but I haven't purchased the RMMZ as of yet, would it be permissable to use MZ trial version since I missed the game jam edition?
You can use the trial version or the Game Jam edition. Game Jam Edition should work fine still (though both would last until the end of the contest).

Zaylkanestc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Touchfuzzy

Thanks!
I'll get into it as soon as I'm done napping.
Kinda burnt out from revising 2years of mathematics syllabus in one day...

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No prizes just for entering like before? XD

Ah, well. I don't have time and I doubt I can make it to the top 3, anyway. Good luck to those who decided to give this a shot. =w=

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In light of the crediting done right a small reminder to everyone who might have missed or forgot it that Degica Co., LTD became Komodo Co., LTD.

Im sure the judges will be leanient since its a recent change but Just to be safe and to get things right xD

res1fwfu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Some of the Fantasy Heroine Character Packs contain quite a bit of cleavage but no nudity, these would still be allowed in projects right :D

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In light of the crediting done right a small reminder to everyone who might have missed or forgot it that Degica Co., LTD became Komodo Co., LTD.

Im sure the judges will be leanient since its a recent change but Just to be safe and to get things right xD
Wow, it still lists the Publisher as Degica Co. LTD everywhere. I had no idea they changed their name. Updated. The Developer is still called "KADOKAWA Future Publishing" right? I looked it up to be sure and now I wanna make sure I got things right.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeOmega2011