RMMV The Valley of Ashe (6-8 hours of gameplay)

Tome571

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At long last, I've found a good place to tie off the first leg of the story and done enough polish to share more widely with the community for feedback. This has been a hobby project that started in ACE and migrated to MV when it came out (yes over 3 years ago!) I've put a few thousand hours into it so far, but the systems are up and running and it should be fairly easy to move quickly for the rest of the game. Balancing and feedback early will help me build out the remainder of the project. There are still some art updates needed, but the direction is pretty clear. I hope you enjoy it! Below is the information about the game:

Overview -
“The Valley of Ashe has seen an increase in the number of monsters lately. Valen, a ranger from the town of Ashe, hunts and gathers for the town’s survival. Although he is known as “The Lone Wolf”, his fiery sister Sylvyth insists on helping him gather food for the coming winter. The Village of Ashe may be on the brink of starvation, but Valen swears to the Faeries to only take what they need to survive. Both he and the Faeries understand that the balance must be kept…

After finding out that the invading horde is led by a certain Lord Tyrak and the recent monster attacks are an effort to starve out the town of Ashe, Valen and Sylvyth volunteer to leave the valley and seek out allies as well as gather any other information they can find about Lord Tyrak and why he wishes to invade the Valley of Ashe.

Upon their return, Valen and Sylvyth find the King of Ashe has passed away, and a new king has been installed. The new king does not believe in the balance Valen seeks and tensions mount. After tragedy strikes, how will Valen set the wrong deeds right? Will he learn to lead, instead of always being “The Lone Wolf”? Will Lord Tyrak triumph over the people of the Valley?

We invite you to take this journey and help Valen become the hero he is destined to be. With 6-8 hours of DEMO gameplay, multiple characters and realms to visit, we watch our Lone Wolf become a hero, leader, and lord of his own kingdom to help take back the Valley of Ashe and restore balance to the kingdom. Progressive re-building of your own kingdom, rich environments and storyline, with concept/conflicts that are not just a recycled story you are used to! Each class has unique skills and abilities to differentiate combat style and tactics. True Active-Time Battle with the ability to combine skills, similar to classic favorite - Chrono Trigger. Difficulty increases as your skills become more diverse, first allowing you more options to defeat enemies, then requiring you to be creative in how you handle your skills in order to succeed!”

Screenshots -

Here is the link to the download on itch.io -

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow nice I'll check this one out for sure!

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks really well done - congratulations on your accomplishments so far. Best of luck with your project!

Tome571

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your mapping layouts are quite nice, but I have to say the contrast in aesthetics between the enemy battlers and player characters is super jarring.

Ive seen this enemy set in other games used the same way and while I like the designs on there own, the thick black outlines on them make them look like they are out of a completely different game. Id recommend either reworking your character art to fit the same aesthetic or finding enemy battlers that fit more cohesively into your games visuals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zindasan0078