Pagerron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The Visitors is the first chapter of a game made for RPG Creator.

You wake from disturbing dreams to find that your town is filled with burning holes. Where could these have come from? What is your role in it all? 

Play as Ron as you figure out the mystery...or at least attempt. 

Find tokens and Ger (the in-game money) in various places as you speak to people to find your way to the source of the Visitors.

I added some original BGM samples and very minor attempts at my own pixel art using Garage Band and Pixel Animator apps.

If you like this first chapter, let me know.

Thank you to @Wavelength and @Kumachan77 for your support and encouragement.

IMG_0674.PNG

IMG_0707.PNG

IMG_0708.PNG

IMG_0709.PNG

IMG_0710.PNG>

•  

Last edited by a moderator:

Pagerron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey AnimeGirl! Since it is an RPG Creator (for iOS) game, the game is available in the "Creator's Web" section of the app itself.

Have a wonderful Sunday! ?

Thank you you so much for your interest.

Just open the app and click on the Creators Web link in the bottom right hand corner. (Pic 1)

Then, once that screen opens, In the lower left corner, select the language as English. Search using the "newest" tab and you'll see it.? (Pic 2)

IMG_0714.PNG

IMG_0715.PNG>

AnimeGirl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
It would be more easyer if the Link was here to klick on it.

I say this for the others that want to play the Game. Not for me.

Btw. put your big  :thumbsup-left: Pictures in a Spoiler please. It interupts the Page loading. ;)

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@AnimeGirl That's not how it works though based on my understanding. You need the app to play these games, so I don't think its possible to provide a direct link to anything.

Pagerron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Anime Girl Thank you for your comments. I did not know that having pics displayed outside of a spoiler slows loading time. I will research how to do that a bit later today. Thank you!?

Also, yes, @Vox Novus is right, there is no link per se to the games. The game sharing is built in to the app itself.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Pagerron In the little tool bar that appears when you post there is an icon that looks like an eye; that's the easy way of setting up spoilers. 

Pagerron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Archeia and @Vox Novus

Thank you for helping me figure out how to use spoilers. 

@AnimeGirl

You rock! Thank you for the heads up on the importance of why spoilers should be used in the first place.

JRibbons

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great! Hadn't opened this app much since I got it (too labourious on iphone and not much user created stuff) but I will definitely try this out!

Pagerron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@JRibbons

Thank you for your support.

When I was speaking to

@Kumachan77, who downloaded the game to play it on an iPad, there is apparently something wrong with a BGM file.

If you do happen to play it, would you mind letting me know if you get some kind of error message regarding BGM? I have no such error on my phone when I play it, so that's a mystery to me.

Thanks a lot. I hope you enjoy it. It is short and I hope sweet.

Hey, and anyone else who has played The Visitors, I'd love to hear about it. ?

JRibbons

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah getting problems with the audio it says: "Error" "non_existent_sound_error". 

In the town, there is just one sfx that loops. 

Pagerron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey @JRibbons! Thank you for playing!? I'm going to post that in the bugs thread. I'd love to hear what you think of the rest of it.

JRibbons

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem. FYI, I haven't updated my ios, I'm still on 9.3.1. 

I finished it - there were some parts that felt a bit sketchy, but I think that's probably the app more than your game (i.e. long door transitions).  

All in all it's very impressive, especially having tried the app and knowing how hard it can be!

So congratulations! The next chapter is gonna be awesome, I can feel it:)

If there was one thing I would say would improve it immensely would be a little more personal information about the hero. Otherwise your 'mystery' has no stakes and is just withheld information. For instance, why is this the worst time for the visitors to have landed for this particular character? Was he about to propose to his girlfriend that morning? etc.

Pagerron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@JRibbonsThank you so much for seeing the game through despite the sound issues. I totally get what you are saying about creating more of a connection between the player and the character so that you actually care about the plot a bit more and things don't seem so artificial. I hope that Degica actually updates things because I really don't want to publish anything else without that happening. I hope you have a wonderful new year. @Kumachan77was mentioning something very similar in a private message. Thank you so much for ch for your thoughtful response. 

JRibbons

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hear you re: waiting for the update. I'll dive back into it if they do it too:)

Happy new year to you too!

Pagerron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Okay, well I have re-release The Visitors using preloaded BGM instead of my original music so that the game is actually playable. It's released as The Visitors 1.1.

I hope you can download it and like it. Happy game making everyone! ?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.
Rough week, but in the end there's light in the darkness.
Mental health is an issue I wish was taken more seriously.
Take care.
1638421271905.jpeg
By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

This is not something I'd ever even considered but wow! What a way to use music in a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcs9870