The VX/Ace Graphic Restoration Project (VGRP)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Pine, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pine

Pine Biggest Tree in the Forest Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello,

I'm starting an initiative that I'm dubbing VGRP. As most of you are aware, MV will use a new RTP style. VX/Ace style has been for years the standard for graphics in RM engines, and now with the RTP style change, most if not all of these graphics no longer fit the default style.

The Project

The purpose of the project is to "move" graphics into MV style and linking the graphics together. Things like previous RTP characters, animals, custom made monsters/enemies, icons... Say, you have Arshes/Aluxes from the XP RTP made into MV style. Post it here and we'll update the post with it. You created a character for one of the Ace RTP monsters and reworked it into MV? It's welcome! What's that? You made the Evil King into a sideview battler? Please, do share!

Who can contribute

Anyone can contribute to this initiative, and the post will be updated with links and images of the work that is carried out. Sort of being the spot for people looking stuff they use/used in VX that could be migrated/carried on.

Something to remember

You may not necessarily create the things you're migrating. Some very talented artists have left the RM scene, but their creations have not. If you're migrating someone's sprite over, make sure you give her/him proper credit.

An example

Spriter42: Hi! I remade Pine's mindflayer into MV style, here's the sheet, please make sure you also credit Pine for the original sprite.

[​IMG]

Let's get started!

I know it may take a while, since we still don't have all the frames necessary for a template, but it'll take a LOT of work, so...

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    And I want that Mindflayer on the right now because he would fit in to my new game (don't worry, I know I can't have him for a commercial game, so no pressure.)

Nice initiative, and seeing how much work will be needed, it's a good thing to get it started.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    Shinma and GrandmaDeb like this.
  3. Ramiro

Ramiro Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs! Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    This aside from being awesome idea wich I sign the contract without reading it...

Did you do an FFT-like mindflayer and I didin't know about that D: ?

4. Pine

Pine Biggest Tree in the Forest Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Anything is possible. I recently got new commercial licensing terms, which will surely be applicable for MV graphics I make.

On topic: I could actually finish that bigger mindflayer, but I'm holding off until I can see the animations for MV sprites so I can make arms and feet movement accordingly.

That's an old one, yes. Nice eye, it is indeed based off FFT.

StrawberrySmiles likes this.
  5. dragonpc

dragonpc Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Im curious as to why this didn't take off .. :(

6. cdub22

cdub22 Villager Member

Looks like the poster was banned.

7. dragonpc

dragonpc Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    oh.. thats unfortunate.. guess thats what happens when you be bad..

good idea still.

8. Matombo

Matombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    well i guess it's complicated because most artists don't allow reposts of their ressources

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.