Museless Writer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm fairly new to RPG Maker in all honesty, but up until now, every serious bug I've come across has been fixable. However, I've come across something that I can't really find an answer to yet.

So I have an event that is going to run into the player. This is simple enough, right? I've made it's move route so that it can move towards the player on autorun. Then, once this has completed, I put a switch in so that it will cut to dialogue.

The problem is, the move route doesn't really want to wait. The player may be in one of two locations, so I can't really substitute this... and I can't use event touch to trigger the dialogue since the event needs to run up to the player first. I know the answer to this is probably something fairly simple, but I can't wrap my head around it for some reason. If there's any sort of command after the "move towards player", it just ignores the wait function...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show screenshots of the event page and the move route.

Most likely you either placed the wait in the wrong position/instance, or you overwrote the move route on the event (erasing the wait in the process).

But we can't tell you how to fix it without seeing what exactly the error was.

and FYI: scripting has a special meaning in the RM community as it refers to working in the script editor, and that has nothing to do with a move route or eventing like you described. Better avoid that word to prevent confusion

Museless Writer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright... sorry for the mix up, I'll edit my original post.

unnamed.jpg

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is no wait command in there, the wait option in the set move route just tells the computer to wait the single step of moving towards the player once before turning on the switch. And if that switch doesn't turn to the third page of the event, all later steps will be done with the switch already on.

You need to do it differently.

1) delete the set move route command completely, allowing only the control switch command to remain in the event contents

2) change trigger to "event touch" (which means the content will be executed when the event moves into the player)

3) change autonomous movement from "fixed" to "approach".

finished, that will work the way you want it

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Out of interest, what do you have on tabs 1 and 3 of that event?  If they're all executed in a sequence (page 1 turns on switch 10, and page 3 is an autorun conditioned by switch 11), then put everything on the same page.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
tomorrow is the finale of my Endurance
2dfloor.png
What a fun tileset I've got here so far!
Minecraft Tiles, Maid Day, Custom Menu, Retry at GameOver, Save in Appdata | RPG Maker News #36

side view special bust.png
Reworking the art for the 'special busts' in important game dialogue. Potentially replacing the more 'dead-on' look of the original:
original.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsMeDevRoland