The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Story Remaking

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SpookyFace66, Jan 2, 2017.

1. SpookyFace66

SpookyFace66 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    In the newly released The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Season 3), you have to option of, right from the start, to pick up Clementine's story from Seasons 1 and 2 or to start a brand new story.

I wanted to know if this could easily be implemented into a RPG Maker MV game. I wanted to do this because I am starting a new "The Elder Scrolls" fan-game, and wanted the player to be given the choice of beggining a brand new story or pick up where they left in Skyrim.

All help is appreciated.

2. sefeloth

sefeloth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    just start the player off on a screen with a text description of what happened and what their choice was. that's literally what tell tale did if you did not have a telltale account. all you need to do is make each choice turn on a switch. the outcome of what they are like then depends on what switches they have turned on. it's very easy to do. i do not recommend taking their save data from skyrim though. unless your game is going to use ALL of their data of what quests they did then there is not a point to it. if you want to take their skill levels and transfer it over, then balancing your game will be impossible, so if you plan to do it, then the way i suggested for a story purpose is a better option

3. SpookyFace66

SpookyFace66 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    i'll only ask three questions at the start of the game to create a backstory derivated from skyrim for the player:

• who he escaped with in helgen
    • who he sided with during the blades ultimatum
    • who he allied with during the civil war (imperials or stormcloaks)

those choices would define a backstory for the dragonborn in The Elder Scrolls VI: Ragnarok

i get what you're saying, its probably easier than i thought, dayum im a dumb dumb

thx a lot :D