Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FoSKNPm.png[/IMG]

*Made for the 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest*

In this game, you play the roles of two hackers who have taken it upon themselves to use their skills to fund a way of life as they integrate into society. 

Before that, they were being brought up to become the ultimate data defenders by a secret corporation, who kept them locked away for ten years. Now having fled for about a year, Clade and Mana wish to try and live a normal teenage life, but having a big business always on your trail makes this difficult. 

It doesn't help that choosing to use their gifts attracts all manner of people looking to exploit them. 

This is their first official mission, given to them by three wage slaves who want to know what their workplace is a front for. A large server room is the target, and information the prize. 

Screenshots:

[IMG]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/6410/screenshots/Matrix.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/6410/screenshots/Office.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/6410/screenshots/Matrix_lv2.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/6410/screenshots/Battle_Screen.png[/IMG]

RMW's Top Scores:

1st - Dalph: 117580

2nd - palladinthug: 22460

3rd - ???

Download:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/6410/downloads/5821/

Fan Art:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kNLgqpQ.gif[/IMG]

Mana getting to eat the ice cream; Clade's treat.  By palladinthug!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/aKaiz0K.png[/IMG]

Some more Mana love, this time from inside the network. By theadellie!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is the first completed game of the contest(?), I'm not 100% sure about it but I can guarantee that it's awesome and fun.

Now I'm looking at you! You, casual player! Try to beat my score if you can.

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually Ratty524 has released his game prior to my own, not to mention a couple submissions on the main contest site are apparently finished as well, but I don't know when they were actually made. (have yet to check any of them out)

In any case I'll be super busy for the rest of this week, but I'll be on at the end of every day to see any comments/questions related to the project.

I also wanted to mention, like my previous game, there's a hidden optional boss for those who truly want to test their strategies. Goodluck to those crazy enough to try and find/face off against him!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Actually Ratty524 has released his game prior to my own, not to mention a couple submissions on the main contest site are apparently finished as well, but I don't know when they were actually made. (have yet to check any of them out)
But it's still the first completed one here (on this website).

I'm tempted to submit a new score soon but I don't see competition yet (I don't want to win already...ahahah).

*Dalph wants a rival as worth as AstoXx*

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
CARPET POWER!
Instead of trolling, why don't you try to finish the game and beat my score?

So you can finally tell around that you defeated the Dark Lord in something (I won't bet my money on this however).

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*Dalph wants a rival as worth as AstoXx*
Challenge accepted!

Edit: One hour later..  damn this game kicks my ass ;D

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But it's still the first completed one here (on this website).
NOPE
This game looks like it's worth it by comparison, though. I'll give it a shot.

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
4f3JKYH.jpg

Sixalis.  Our love was not meant to be.

Beat the game with less than 11 battles fought. 

fq0nmAi.jpg
 I used Kinetic Clade/Magnetic Mana Chasis for Crit(Clade), and Virus(Mana) to do 4.4K per hit.

EDIT: Double Slash and Flurry work with this enabling 4.4k x 2 or x3 depending on the number of enemies allowing you to break 10k damage per round.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Challenge accepted!

Edit: One hour later..  damn this game kicks my ass ;D
BOOOO Disciple of Ralph! BOOOO, I won! (without even starting the conflict, so cool) ;)

I'll drop this here for Arkecia:

I mostly abuse Hacker, Clear and Status Download\Transfer, but I like to experiment everything in this game so I change a lot the add-ons\programs (I like all the possibilities).

I admit that palladinthug beat me on the number of fights however, in my first playthrough I did 13 of them.

I played this game so much that even Sixalis is nothing more than a cakewalk now.

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys!

Totally did something stupid and left my laptop at home, but luckily this hotel I'm staying at has a business center I can use a comp from.  Problem is I can't link to any image sites for some odd reason, meaning I can't copy/paste images either. Will have to wait until I get back, but by the end of this week I'll make a leaderboard image to share here and on the offical contest submission area.

When I went through a normal run of the game just to see if I could go from point A to point B, I had Magnetic Support for Clade so he could use Hazard on anything that moved, was fun to watch them use their own skillsets to destroy each other xD

Point is there's different stuff you can do to make the virtual world your own playground, goodluck to those who are going to check this game out, it's been loads of fun to see what everyone who posted here and in other places I posted the game had to say about their experiences!

Just keep in mind, spamming skills that do damage 100% of the time (or God forbid, spam attack) will not always get you to your desired destination. ;)

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Arkecia:

I hope you're having fun there. :D

I guess I'll just wait for AstoXx here, let's wait and see if he can take my challenge.

I need competition! Conflict! Where are the pro players?!?

palladinthug can easily take my challenge but I don't want to bother him, since he's way too busy with his game.

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arkecia:

I hope you're having fun there. :D

I guess I'll just wait for AstoXx here, let's wait and see if he can take my challenge.

I need competition! Conflict! Where are the pro players?!?

palladinthug can easily take my challenge but I don't want to bother him, since he's way too busy with his game.
Not at all.  I am working on something special for the Warello Network as a fan sprite =3  I'll hopefully have it up soon, but I know Arkecia will be unable to see it until she returns from her trip.  

EDIT:  
kNLgqpQ.gif

defunct-user

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks fantastic! I must add this to my To-Play list. Looks spectacular! I love how the guys look like they're made of data in that one screenie. :D

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@palladinthug

For one more day I have the net during vacation, so I can see it just fine, and I love it! The animation fits Mana so well when it comes to good old ice cream. Looking at images are fine, but linking them is another story until I get back. Using Internet Explorer a little bit during these checks has made me thankful for the alternatives xD

@Iron Croc

Thanks for showing interest Iron Croc; I hope you have fun when playing the game. I also love the data look, sometimes I take something cool like that and decide to make a whole game from it. This is one of those times :p

Adellie

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hiya,

I decided to try your game since people on the forums and the contest site were leaving such nice comments. I enjoyed it a lot; it was short and tidy. Unfortunately, my score was only in the realm of 8k :<. I probably should've read the tomes earlier on.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After the initial success with one event, I set up four different events on the same map to detect who is in which slot in my current party, and fortunately it managed to work as intended, with the events changing image to match the party members even as I swapped their positions around in formation. This will be a great tool for immersive scene design.
Finally finished the first hand-drawn map! It took me a week, but I'm so proud!
Actual line of code I just had to write for a plugin:

return Object.keys(this._shopStock).map(key => key.split(",")).map(element => element.map(value => Number(value))).filter(key => key[0] === mapId && key[1] === eventId);

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legolanxz