MechPen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This one's tricky! It seens very dependent on window size (which. in MZ, is itself dependent on resolution). It also seems that Corescript V1.2.0 changes things enough to make the issue appear in different spots. "Different spots"? Yeah, it turns out this issue is in v1.1.1 as well, and may go back as far as v1.0.0.

To prove it, here is a picture of it happening in a v1.1.1 project
line bug.png

I'm going to see if I can pinpoint what exactly is going wrong (I'm going to try rounding window sizes to the nearest pixel and see if that helps) so we can make a proper bug report. If you'd like to help out, screenshots of the bug and a description of what resolution your project runs at would be very helpful.

Let's figure this out!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Information is good.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is your screen size? that is the key question as similar effects usually happen in all makers if the screen size is not a multiple of the grid size (grid size is 48 pixel for MV/MZ)

MechPen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good point! I should follow my own advice...

My settings are;
Screen Width: 720, Screen Height: 480, UI Area Width: 720, UI Area Height: 480, Font Size: 24.

But I've also adjusted things like spacing and margin in a plug-in. For me at least, the issue shows up in the Enter Name window, and the Options window.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good point! I should follow my own advice...

My settings are;
Screen Width: 720, Screen Height: 480, UI Area Width: 720, UI Area Height: 480, Font Size: 24.

But I've also adjusted things like spacing and margin in a plug-in. For me at least, the issue shows up in the Enter Name window, and the Options window.
Can you share your window graphic? /img/system/Window.png
I see the ^ arrow at the top of the window, but I don't see a bottom arrow at the bottom. Either that means that you're at the bottom, which you could be, or that the weird line is the bottom arrow. Seeing your window graphic file should confirm that, I think.

It probably wouldn't explain how it randomly happens, though, especially if it's happening in windows that don't scroll vertically. But this is a good thing to check, I think.

MechPen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's nothing strange about my window skin. Take a look for yourself.

line bug 3.png

When my options window is rendered, three issues can be noted;
line bug 2.png

1. the top of the window is misaligned by 1 pixel.
2. There is a black bar on top of the selection box.
3. A distorted single pixel row of the down arrow appears.

Using the F8 debug i was able to learn that this window is being drawn at {x: 160, y: 105.5, width: 400, height: 269} so I am starting to suspect math issues.

Raith

Squire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't give direct answer, but this question may be useful. What happen if you try to resize it to 816 x 624? How about modifying screen height?

RPG Maker MZ has the ability to center the window exactly to the center of the screen. This is a bliss for hi-res games, but can be a problem for pixel-sensitive games. The y = 105.5 can mean that the screen height is in odds number, or the window size is just in the right height to receive decimal number when translated to the screen coordinates.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frankyrouse