The World of Labyrinths: Labyronia

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by Labyrinthine, May 23, 2018.

1. Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine Artist/ Developer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    [​IMG]

About this game

Thousands of years have passed since the apocalyptic Second War. It was fought between the alliance of humanity and monsters. Ages later, the Four Elemental Gods rose to power and created a magical, spiral-shaped jewelry known as the Pendant of Labyronia. With its immense might, the Labyrinths were created covering the entire world.

Now, the dreadful monsters have returned, their legendary kings plotting to snuff out all life from Labyronia. Before them, the greatest cities fall and the people get trapped in a living nightmare.

You are Arres, the only one who can stop their relentless havoc, and journey through the lands to discover the secrets of the Labyrinths. To achieve this, you need to unite with trusty friends and discover untold powers... by exploring your surroundings.

Master your martial skills and magic to defeat the evil monsters, and encounter the Four Elemental Gods in the definitive version of the very first Labyronia.

Features
    • Nonlinear, exploration-based progression in a large and original world.
    • The Cue system encourages exploration. Find various details from your environments to obtain skills, and challenge yourself to collect all the Cues!
    • Strategic Boss battles and a classic turn-based combat system.
    • Collect items and tools to uncover the secrets of the world, or take your time to read some books filled with lore.
    • Discover the backstories of the heroes Arres, Ann and Garic in the emotional storyline, and gather your wits to challenge the Four Elemental Gods!

Remake

The World of Labyrinths: Labyronia is the complete version of the first Labyronia. The game expands the original story with alterations including improved visuals, new cutscenes and gameplay mechanics. The world is now filled with secrets and new cues. You need various tools to gain access to hard-to-reach places. Even the temperature is changing in some areas, forcing you to find correct equipment to survive.

For new players interested about the series, this is the game to start with.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game will be released 1.6.2018

The price has been set for 3,29 €!

P.S. This game is not the same thing as "Labyronia RPG," which was released in 2015. The "RPG" series of games were originally freeware, and lack the polish of the true main series.

Labyronia Series:

The World of Labyrinths: Labyronia
    Labyronia Elements

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Labyrinthine Can you please add the price somewhere? I know it will show in the Steam preview once released, but if you could post elsewhere, that would be great.

3. Labyrinthine

First Language:
    Finnish
    Just a question: Has anyone managed to play this game through and if so, how did you like it? I've never got too much feedback in this site.

Also, don't mix this game with the original Labyronia RPG, which was a non-commercial game originally and it still shows in the game design, dialogue, story, and graphics. It's not too professional, to be honest, which is why I call the originally released games...

"Labyronia RPG,"
    "Labyronia RPG 2"
    "Legend of Mysteria RPG"

...as part of the Lite subseries. They're pretty average games compared to the final two games I released on Steam by my own, even though I personally still like the Legend of Mysteria.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The real Labyronia Series

Built for commercial release in mind from the ground up are "
    The World of Labyrinths: Labyronia" (highly improved remake of the original Lite game "Labyronia RPG,") and the series' magnum opus, "Labyronia Elements." They're at the moment the only two games one needs to play to get the essential Labyronia experience.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  4. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

Sorry, I'm confused as to which version I've played. I bought "Labyronia" on steam. I haven't gotten too far - the story and gameplay doesn't draw me in enough to invest the time, however i love the visuals and atmosphere of the game. Question - do you have a credits list? Or did you make everything yourself? There are a couple music tracks I really like and wanted to know who the composer was.

5. Labyrinthine

First Language:
    Finnish
    The Labyronia main series currently consists of only 2 main series games: "The World of Labyrinths - Labyronia" and "Labyronia Elements."

"Labyronia RPG" was originally a freeware game. It's lower quality and replaced by this remake. Games with the "RPG" abbreviation were all made as freeware and now belong in their own "RPG Lite" subseries.

As for the story of this game, it starts very slowly but gets better in the end when you get your companions.

The music was free-to-use or bought tracks, and the visuals were mainly light edits from pre-existing resources. I drew the faces myself, though, for the correct version.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    jonthefox likes this.
  6. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

Ahh ok, yeah, I played Labyronia RPG. Thanks for clearing that up. Where did you get the music track "mirrors" (or "mirror caverns") ?

7. Labyrinthine

First Language:
    Finnish
    Unfortunately I can' remember that anymore, but it was a free-to-use song from some resource artist.

8. Maple

Maple Adventure hard! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This looks really ambitious (loads of content). Are you working on this by yourself? It's a very fair price. Is this vx ace? If so, then could you eventually copy most of it over to MV for an ios/mobile port? I think it would be very appealing in that market. I have recently seen many turn-based retro rpgs on the Play store which are very short, blurry, and/or just there to push micro-transactions. Cheers!

9. Labyrinthine

First Language:
    Finnish
    Yeah, this one has been released already, and it's for Vx Ace. It's not the most ambitious game I've made (that would go to the following game "Labyronia Elements"), but it should have a solid 10 hour campaign with lots of secrets and stuff :)

About the micro-transactions and short games to push them, I don't know anything about that, except that I would never start making a game just to get profit (even though it would probably be reasonable taking account my financial state). I really need to think about the MV mobile port converting. I could find a successful format with the program for something like this. Gotta find out how much effort would the port require.

To me, creating these games is a hobby of passion. I still see the business model simply like this: Create a completed game, and release it to the audience with a set price. I'm not even a fan of episodic releases or those Work In Progress "releases" because the full story might never see the light of day if something goes wrong. I also don't value DLC too much, since it usually doesn't make the base product any better. I think the consumer should have to pay for the game he buys only once, and then receive a full, polished product.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  10. Maple

Maple Adventure hard! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Agreed. DLC may work for ever-expanding game campaigns with teams to keep up with it, but DLC rarely adds any extra value to existing games. It's like buying a couple new chapters for a book you read long ago.

11. Labyrinthine

First Language:
    Finnish
    Exactly.