The worst games you have ever played

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Square_art, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @lilyWhite Your overuse of the term "harassment" is just ludicrous at this point. Someone disagreeing with you/not liking you, as I do, is not harassment, and trying to define it as such is nothing more than an attempt to distract the people here from the awful things you've said about them e.g. calling them "psychotic" because they don't like a game.

At this point I'm almost convinced that you're a long-term troll just doing all this for giggles. If so, very well played, you got me. xD

[​IMG]

Anyway, I apologize for disrupting the people who were having a legitimate conversation here.

2. stupid enough to like FF13

stupid enough to like FF13 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    (This was a stupid meltdown and I'm an idiot for causing this whiny-stupid-snot derail. I apologize.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  3. Ronove

Ronove ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Lily, come on. You can like games not a lot of people like and that's fine. Just know you like it and they're missing out. I like some TERRIBLE games but I like them regardless. Every time I hear people say man that game sucks I just go oh, well that's sad and move on. You don't have to battle people about it because at the end of the day, you like what you like. Especially since this thread is about the Worst Games You Have Ever Played. You came in this thread to reply to someone saying FF13 is bad and it's like well that's the point of the thread. So I don't understand what you want. If you feel someone is harassing you every single time you post you like FF13 then just report it and let the mods figure it out.

Anyway. For what worst game I have ever played? Some Sonic game on the PS3. It was BAD. Like glitches, bad story, uncanny valley, just BAD.

4. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I think it's immature to whine about a game when it has nothing to do with the current subject.

You "whined" about Undertale the same way others here have "whined" about FFXIII. Why is it okay for you to dislike a game, but when other people do it, it's slander and harassment? Also, the topic is games we think are the worst, so I think someone saying they don't like FFXIII is perfectly in line with the discussion.

I'm a "troll" because the fact that I cannot say a single word about a game without someone IMMEDIATELY jumping down my throat and whining about the game without provocation endless enervates me. (And those people aren't "trolls" in the slightest!)

How is what you're doing any different, though? The moment someone says a single word about FFXIII, you jump down their throat, call them a liar, and rush to the status update section to make remarks about them. Forgive me for speaking up, but it's so uncomfortable to watch over and over again.

Not everyone is out to hurt you. Yep, some people might have trolled you because they knew hating on FFXIII would get a rise out of you--if that's the case, try to ignore them, because any reaction will only fuel the trollfire. But there are other people here who are being legit in their criticism. Please stop assuming we're all out to get you.

If this subject truly upsets you to this extreme degree, then I do apologize for thinking you were just trolling us. I only assumed that because I didn't believe someone could be so upset so many times about such a trivial subject. If that's really the case, maybe an online forum where people are constantly expressing their opinions isn't a great place to hang out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  5. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog

I think that game is still really unfinished and still under continuous dev/updates, so maybe we will see more in the future. It's so hard making that kind of game being a solo dev after all.

Hmmmmmm... Worst games? uhmmm...

FFXIII - Kinda on the middle ground, it was fun for me but it was so linear it lacked that FF feel of not knowing what to do next. And I'm not much of a fan of the whole Crystarium thingie, it was like so limited compared to other systems that they used before (i.e the sphere grid of FFX).

This is more of games that I hate the most but uhmmm.. Monster Hunter style games. I just don't like the whole idea of such games. I know why people like it but I can't get myself to like it, it's just a big grind from start to end.

AwesomeCool, Dalph and Bonkers like this.
  6. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I couldn't get into the Monster Hunter series either. People kept recommending it because I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma, but it just didn't "click" with me like DD did. Maybe because DD had a storyline (as minimal as it was) whereas MH was just like, make a character and go kill stuff! I only played the demo, though, so I could be wrong there.

7. DarkPrisma

DarkPrisma Warper Member

First Language:
    german
    I think it was dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin... i loved the first and the third title of the souls series, but that game is to hard. even bloodborne was great.

8. RavenBlueIndigo

RavenBlueIndigo Veteran Veteran

Easily Cabela's Dangerous Hunt's 2013(?). I had fond memories of Cabela's Dangerous Hunts and went into it expecting to garner similar memories. Boy, was I in for a surprise. They ditched wide open hunting for a rather linear story affair, and not a brilliant one at that. The pacing was sort of meh (Walk a bit, encounter 3 animals, walk again, and then encounter 3 more animals.) and the story was . . . kind of all over the place? All I remember is "super," baboons that just threw sheep at you, and then SUDDENLY EVIL HYENA BEAST. I don't even know. Also, the final boss hyena thing was ridiculous and I only beat it because I exploited a glitch.

9. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    At least said game had a good soundtrack. :p

I normally don't think about my least favorite games, but if I had to simply state games I dislike... Secret of Mana. It gets near endless amount of praise, and being a fan of other SNES games from Square, I really wanted to like it. What I got was an extremely basic story with an inconsistent writing styles, bland characters with very little goals and drive outside of spirits telling them what to do, and a broken AF battle system that tried too hard to be an ABS with turn based mechanics. I absolutely hate the concept of undodgeable skills in an action based game, and the lack of cool-down for basic enemy attacks while you have to take your sweet time charging is incredibly annoying. I really try to find the best in games I don't like, I can even give points for games like Sonic 06 if I look hard enough, but here I just don't get it. Where is this praise coming from?

Interestingly though, I like the game's Japanese-only sequel. While I have not finished Seiken Densetsu 3 yet, I find it to be quite enjoyable. Multiple characters with their own story arcs is ambitious for the time this game came around, especially since said characters are much deeper compared to the first game. While undodgeable attacks existed in this game as well, it was balanced much better with less spamming from bosses. Whatever you like or dislike Secret of Mana, I still recommend booting up an emulator and playing a fan translation of this game.

Sorry if I angered somebody, since I know people who claim that SOM is one of their favorite games of all time, but I just can't see it. I think their are much better written, better looking, and better functioning ABS games even on the same system. Zelda: A Link to the Past and Terranigma comes to mind.

Reapergurl and Alexander Amnell like this.
  10. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't remember playing bad games but MMO in general.

If i say Tibia will i die?
    They had enough time to fix serious UX issues, official server died and the UX still sucks. You can't play a game properly if things are not intuitive enough, you can explain how they work but it won't make it any better at all.

If i say World of Warcraft without giving a reason will i be bashed?

Biggest reason for it is how quests are handed, each part of the dayum quest gives a stupid minor reward...Why? Even the designers of WoW admits that it was a huge flaw and then for some retarded reason i'll never know it spread like AIDS in the 70's, every dayum MMO had this shitty quest system and i doubt it will die any time soon.
    It makes players lazier and they can't even enjoy the game properly cuz they will think about the stupid micro reward instead of looking forward about his exploration.

11. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Assassins Creed (the first one) is the only game I hated so much I threw it in the trash. 

12. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Round 2:

Time Ramesside (A New Reckoning)

The worst game ever on Steam, nothing can match this garbage so far (to me).

It's buggy, it's messy, it lags even on a NASA pc, it crashes randomly, it's unfinished, it's awful, it's mostly an asset flip and all meshed together and thrown out there without even being tested as a quick cashgrab.

Galactic Hitman

The only game where you can die more times than Dark Souls, simply atrocious.

The enemies don't move at all in it but despite this they can kill you very easily, the gameplay basically consists in you dying over and over untill you will eventually kill them all (it will take ages even for very good FPS players). The levels look all the same, it's very buggy, has no story or music and has no options.

Unknown Battle

Incredibly annoying and terrible patience test with awful controls. 

You have to avoid bazillions of mines on floor that can stop your character from moving for almost 5 seconds everytime he gets stuck into them, you also have to avoid red lasers that can kill you on touch and that can't be avoided because of the retard way your character jumps (like a ball).

Despair

It's supposed to be an adventure\horror\mistery game but your character moves like a snail and you can hardly see anything (even when modifying the brighteness of your screen), it forces you to watch a dayum long intro everytime you die and has horrible controls, it's buggy, has no options and is translated in a bad way.

Everything made by Digital Homicide.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  13. trouble time

trouble time Bearer of the Word Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Life itself hey-o!

My least favorite game might actually be Lunar Dragon Song, it spoiled all the good will I had toward the Lunar series, and probalby killed all chances for a proper sequal.

14. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Since listing the worst games I have EVER played would involve listing some trashy games i dl'ed for free I will stick to the worst games I played a lot of.

1. Legend of Dragoon. I know a lotta people love this game I thought the story was boring and the combat mechanics where boring and the qte's where horribly unforgiving.

2. Summoner .. Let me make this clear I LOOOVED Summoner's story .. played through it for that .. hated .. everything .. else. Summoner 2 was mercifully a significant improvement.

3. SIm City (The new one) .. Sim city became Sim District.

4. Any Pokemon game ever. No I don't care what you fanboys think of me. Pokemon has always been terrible. And yes that includes Pokemon GO which I played for 2 days at the insistence of my nephew. Then uninstalled.

5. I second the masters of orion 3 thing. I loved MoO2. MoO3 killed the series. In fact you can add to this list almost any 4x space game in the last decade. Only one or two have been decent. And none of them approach the glory of Imperium Galactica 2 XD

15. SteveChopz

SteveChopz Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Can't think of THE worst game of my life right now. There have been some bad ones yeah but I can't remember the old ones.

A very recent game that I thought was very very bad imo was actually Necropolis.

A third person hack&slash rogue like. That game was teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrible.
    It was completely unfinished. The combat was floaty and undone, the dungeon was boring and repetetive as hell and the loot ect was underwhelming and just made the game feel like there is no point. Every run can take you 3-4 hours and after 2 hours of the same dungeon floor designs with the same different colored mobs you just wanna stop. This was the first game I refunded on Steam.

16. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bubsy on SNES

This game was lately released to Steam to also ruin new generation of gamers. It's sheep platformer with horrible controls and really bad humor that sucked even on the day it was made. You die from one hit and it's one of those wannabe Sonic games that is way too closely zoomed and you can't see anything, so you die very fast and very easy and have to play it super slow instead of the fast speed it is trying to give you. However, what really makes it worst ever is that I was actually pressing forward, wanting to actually beat the game as I usually do with games and I made it to like the space level or what and it begins with Bubsy saying "Wow, you're still playing this game?" The game actually mocked me for having endured its crap factor and that I had wasted my time with it. I grabbed the game and burnt it with a lighter after.

Alexander Amnell likes this.
  17. Yangfly Master

Yangfly Master Jack of All Trades, you know, the Lone Wolf. Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    "Sonic 4" for SNES

That game is terrible. lol

I like most games I play, but that one...

Even though it's not an official Sega Game, it was too wth even for a Hack ROM.

18. RHachicho

First Language:
    English
    I should learn not to post in topics like this .. people just aren't chill with talking about video-games anymore. Honestly I can't believe my opinion on Pokemon games wasn't the one that caused the backlash XD.

Maybe people where just distracted?

It is pretty funny to me though. I remember back in the 90's back when you where a geek for liking pretty much ANY computer games and all the hotheaded trolls where taking their insecurities out on each other on the football pitch instead of on the interwebs. I used to tell my friend I didn't like fps multiplayer .. he would be incredulous .. even argue with me about it. But it never got nasty ... And that was the closest thing to gaming sacrilege at the time. 

Then again we did used to read all the gaming magazines. Every gaming magazine would have whole sections of Mario dismembering sonic or Sonic dismembering Mario .. depending on what side of the console wars you happened to be on .. some of them where extremely graphic XD. So maybe it's a case of rose tinted specs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
  19. thermogothic

thermogothic Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm sure a few might disagree with me but Breath of fire 2 dragon quarter , the way the game forced you to play over and over and over etc again was soooo tedious by the 10th time thorough I was quite ready to give up on life and throw myself into a pit of rabid hamsters. 

20. RHachicho

First Language:
    English

Well I didn't think the game was bad .. it did some clever things but .. It weren't no breath of fire. It also wasn't breath of fire 2 it was breath of fire 5 :)

Breath of Fire 2 - 4 where all really good rpg's imho.