lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some FF game on the SNES about 20 years ago that was so bad it made me actually sick for ~2 days

One of the only childhood memories l still have.

Cunechan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Definitely all of the "Alte Macht" and "Die letzte Schlacht der Elfen" games. They are the worst, I don't think there is worse stuff out there, trust me

Clangeddin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dark Castle for Mega Drive (Sega Genesis)

I don't think I can describe how bad it was, so I'll just let the Angry Video Game Nerd do it for me.

And let's not forget it can be finished in 90 seconds...

Such an epic ending.

Last edited by a moderator:

consolcwby

(2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unlimited Saga.

If I say any more than that, my language would venture far into breaking our own rules on excessive swearing.

Oh, then I shouldn't say... I LIKED IT! :p

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
for me it was light crusader (my first trip to gamefaqs was due to this. I got stuck in the damn treasure room and found the key I rid of was what I needed - it had no indication that it was important) and super hydlide (hydlide 3) - I didn't know there was a hidden morality system and had no idea the tree spirits shouldn't be killed. I was so much in the evil meter it made the game unplayable.

Also I have yet to finish any of the saga games because they're such long grind fests. Unlimited Saga was the one that made me stop playing completely. I was a the "I can't even..."  stage at that point

I hadn't played much in modern games (my game purchases stopped around 2005) so I have no idea how new games are (other than super pretty)...

XxXhelazz

Agains these fascist who want to destroy me and my
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Msdos and httml
Primarily Uses
Final fantasy X. No world map, stupid characters, boring maps, etc... The true example of how to destroy a saga...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Might get flak for this but... 

Fire Emblem: Fates. 

The only Fire Emblem game I have ever picked up and not attempted to finish 100%. 
The Nohr side was fun and challenging gameplay, but the story was atrocious and the lack of "grinding opportunities" made the children 
mechanic absolutely wortheless imo. I didnt have time to raise kids I had to help Gary stu Corrin stop his father by helping his father(?)
The Hoshido side was just... boring. Stupid easy gameplay and the story wasnt even much better than Nohrs (though, granted. it was better.)
I just turned on phoenix mode and rushed through the levels because they weren't engaging at all. Just the same thing over... and over... and over.

and I'm not being a gen-sevener. I LOVED Awakening. Bought all the dlcs and unlocked nearly every support convo... Was super hyped for Fates. 
It just... It fell flat on it's ass. Hard. Like hard enough to bruise it's bum. 

Let me add a second vote for Fire Emblem Fates. Since some of my reasons are a spoiler, I'll put it in a spoiler tag:

First, the story was awful. Sure, you don't play Fire emblem for the story, but at least try to make a story that makes some sort of sense. The story felt like a mash up of weird coincidences that didn't even try to connect in a logical way. I know they wanted to break the game into 3 parts, but each part should at least stand alone and make sense on its own! Also, I felt like they took everything from Awakening that players like, and threw them into the game with 0 understanding of why people liked those features! As a result, we got a goulash that just didn't work.

And don't get me started on how broken the balance is. The Dragon Vein system lets enemies hit all troops for a high amount of damage at the START of the turn, which means  your brilliant tactics are gone as then the enemy will rush and kill someone in the troop. In a game that prides itself on permadeath, putting such a mechanic is cheap, and going to make  you want to throw the 3ds as far as  you can. I ended up playing on casual in the end just because I got tired of the enemy hitting everyone for 10 - 20 HP at the start of a turn (out of 25 - 35 HP max HP too), then rushing in an enemy to take off the last couple HP of a troop that would have survived if the Dragon Vein system hadn't existed. And ,there's no way to know the range of those Dragon Vein attacks, it's just endure them and pray to the RNG goddess.

Oh, and the map where the threat range was broken and I had troops OUTSIDE the threat zone getting attacked? Or those Trolls that can hit you from miles squares away, but you have no shot of closing in on them in less than 2 - 3 turns due to the terrain barring happening to have a flyer close by (and even then, if the flyer can't get to them and kill them, then say hello to another attack by them that can hit for 35 - 40 HP!). Sure, they might have a low chance to hit, but all it takes is one unlucky roll of the RNG And there's another troop permanently dead.

Faryn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This thread is a prime example of how some people are desperate to slander any game that isn't exactly what they think it should be just because they think games should be only what they want, how they are completely incapable of distinguishing low quality from something that just isn't their cup of tea, and how a lot of people's complaints about how a game is "THE WURST EVUR!!!" often stems from them simply being terrible at the game and not even trying to learn how to play it.

Letting your game development be influenced by any sort of mindset here is an awful idea.

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring on GBA. I usually try to find the good in that games but that is one of the games that I just think is irredeemably bad. The graphics are just...blegh, Gandalf looks like he has some life ending disease and the NPCs look like they have the plague. The proportions of the game are all weird too, the "coins" are bigger than the tables for example.

What really kills it though is the pace of the game. Its just so dang slow! Battle animations take a good 3 or 5 seconds to go through and enemies have lots of HP. Enemies also don't give any rewards since the game has no EXP system (despite you know, being a turn based game and all) so battles are just utterly pointless. The game is also super glitchy, with game ending bugs galore.

Oh, and the game had a bug where it could quite literally kill your GBA...just awful.

@kaukusaki

I agree. FFX was a very flawed game, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I enjoyed the bulk of it. I'm almost embarrassed to say, but I got quite attached to Tidus as a character near the end.

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently I am even more of weirdo than I've realized,

As I am quite frankly at a loss to name one, & I've playing on console & PC for decades. Personally there aren't many genres that I don't play, & of those I don't play it largely comes down to me not finding them very interesting, for example Need for Speed, Madden, Fifa, etcetera. I tend to compare individuals games, against similar entries in their respective genres, for assessing their qualities. So I tend not evaluate them from "the best to the worst", but rather from a "this game does this better than this game" perspective.

I suppose if I had to name a "worst game", it would be a game I can't play. Namely, any game that when it was released was so buggy & glitchy that it makes actually playing it, akin to one of the labours of Hercules.   

Phil32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My most disliked game that I've played in the past ten years that I wanted to like was Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). The only thing I liked about it was the music, and the music was REALLY good! Everything else was just horrible, thanks to how rushed the game's development was.

Corfaisus

RTP Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It's a pretty even split between 90% of the N64 racing games and Polaris SnoCross for the PS1. These games reject your every attempt to conquer even the basic controls and leave you feeling absolutely dreadful for having purchased them.

SeagullKing

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Brink.  Oh dear God its gotta be Brink.

Technically it wasn't awful, but it was just so disappointing.  I put so much time into it initially and the game basically died within the first month or two due to shoddy netcode and slow dev response.

The worst part is that my friend still makes fun of me for buying it years after the fact.  Oh well.

Robin Hoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Not the worst per se, but the worst I can remember right now: Final Fantasy 13. Other than the graphics, I don't think I liked anything at all about that game.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm generally the kind of person that always tries to find something enjoyable about games that I dislike, so there aren't many games that stuck out in my mind as being something that I hate. One game that I can remember not enjoying at all was Orphen: Scion of Sorcery. I found the game to be so ultimately forgettable that the only thing that I really even remember about it is the fact that the whole game seemed kind of lazy and half-assed.

Also, I'm personally not a fan of MMORPGs. 

shadefoundry

Is Sinistar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Gothic 3 for PC. Not because the game is bad, but because the way it's programmed is so poor that outside of the actual recommended specs for the machine, the game will not actually run. I bought a copy of it in 2012 from a clearance warehouse to have something to run on my laptop when I go out of town. At first the game would not install, just flat out refused, on my windows 7 machine. After a lot of tinkering I got it to install, but then it wouldn't run. I spent something like 12 hours trying to get the thing to run, and even gave it to a few of my friends to see if they could get it working. None of us could get it up and running though, so Gothic 3 remains the worst game I've ever played, simply because it was literally unplayable.

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Golden Sun and Golden Sun;The Lost Age. Never even played the third one, but I'm sure it's just as bad as the first two.

mi2

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'd say "la crème de la crème" for me might be "Avatar: The Game" ( James Cameron's Avatar ), but I think it would be like shooting at an ambulance that's already on fire.

There also were these games that came with the Wii-wannabe controller for the PS3 that felt so empty it actually made me feel sad to play them.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starnumb