The worst games you have ever played

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Square_art, Jun 28, 2016.

1. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I actually liked orphen once I figured out the pause in battle trick otherwise it was horrendously difficult. Also at the time I didn't know what it was about until I read the comic a year later. It made things easier when I went back to it knowing how the character was supposed to act.

2. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Even mentioning the game, will probably go against most of the forum rules. Yes it was THAT bad, so pardon me from not wanna talk about it. :)

3. AceOfAces_Mod

AceOfAces_Mod Engineering to infinity! Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (Wii version): This is essentially a poor man's version of Criterion's reboot of the original NFS Hot Pursuit. I had some fun, but this is still bad. First off, your car is invicible only when the cops aren't chasing you. Throw your car into a wall, it will survive no matter what, but when the cops chase you, it will break and you are busted. Another reason is that some of the cars are unusable. Only the McLaren was the best car all around in the Career. The higher tier cars have a really bad handling. And it has no relation with the game. Oh, and you can only customise the color and decals of your car (although the paint tool is pretty useful). No Autosculpt (or any body customisation for that matter), no cops career mode, worst graphics on the Wii and it tries to be a Burnout/Asphalt clone so much that it throws itself out from the window.

Brothers in Arms Double Time (Wii version, I don't know how the Mac version holds up): It's possitives: It has both Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood in two disks. The aiming controls work well (similar to a good mouse control good) and the extras are pretty good. The negatives? Where to start... Split Screen Multiplayer is gone. The game runs really slow. I mean, it runs inside the 30 FPS limit, but there are times where the game locks up for a few seconds. Some of the team commands don't activate properly as the motion controls don't work reliably. And the game is harder., especially in Earned in Blood. It gave me a lot of hassle just to pass the level. Not to mention that it runs on Unreal Engine (possibly version 2.5, it shows the UE3 logo on the box but Epic Games never released a version of the engine for the Wii). And the german army models glitch up after you kill them. It's an awfull port of the PS2 version.

You know what's interesting? I paid 5€ for Double Time brand new while NFS Hot Pursuit costed 20€ (brand new too).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2016
  4. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I won't say "worst games I've ever played", because honestly, they could just be designed poorly and I just never got AROUND the poor design to enjoy the good game.  But, I'll list some of the games and maybe the franchises that I've ever dropped entirely or have no desire to come back to.

The Witcher Series:  I started this series with Witcher 2.  When the TUTORIAL doesn't teach me anything about how to use the controls (or even allows me to get used to them), we've got a problem here.  Combat is so clunky, so non-fluid, so... "tacked on"... that it's essentially a waste of time disguised as "deep and engaging".  It's neither deep nor engaging.  It requires me to jump into my menu about every 3 seconds to select a spell, to swap my traps, to change my equipped weapons, to heal myself, to... EVERYTHING.  I've got about 16 freakin' buttons on my controller... why do I have to constantly open my menu to do... ANYTHING?  This game turned me off the whole series.  Controls so terrible with combat so difficult that for me, it wasn't worth suffering through that to "eventually enjoy the game".  I don't mind if others like this franchise and think it's good.  I, personally, find it a steaming pile of crap that is poorly designed.

Dark Souls:  Honestly, same problems as the above series.  A tutorial that doesn't really explain your controls well, doesn't let you get familiar with them, then drops you into a world full of instant-kills, because it's designed for masochists.  I'm not a masochist, I'm playing your game for fun.  I like REASONABLE challenge.  I don't like "keep dying until you figure out just HOW exactly the devs wanted you to beat this section, because there's no other way to do so" type games.  Especially when the game revolves around 90% combat... and your controls feel like you're steering a drunk turtle with epilepsy.  I've not played another game in a similar vein to this game since the terrible experience of the first... in which I played 2 hours, decided it was designed by morons, and turned it off, deleted it, and moved on to play something more fun.

Call of Duty:  Okay, full disclosure here.  For me, every entry into this series after Black Ops 1, I think is complete crap.  I started the series with Black Ops 1.  I was surprised it was a TACTICAL ARENA game.  I know, you think I just lost my mind by saying "Tactical" in there.  But, believe it or not, the games USED to be tactical!  That's crazy, right?  I ran a "killstreak destroyer" build in that game.  As in, the whole point of everything I had equipped was to destroy your killstreaks and render them pointless as quickly as possible.  I ran SAM turrets and regular turrets (the regular turrets were to defend my SAM turrets), and I ran a Care Package in case I lived to 5 kills and I could sometimes get random awesome killstreaks from it.  Or use it as bait.  I shot down every UAV with my Strela.  I focused my gameplay on accuracy (FAMAS, RDS, Sleight of Hand Pro so I could fire from the hip and not waste the 1.5 seconds in raising the gun to my eye).  I ran Flak Jacket Pro to nullify Napalm Strikes and nearly any explosive (including RC cars!) so long as it wasn't directly up against my body.  I ran Gas Mask Pro so that all secondary grenades didn't do anything to me.  My loadout would turn the tide of battle.  I could show up to a losing match and at the very minimum, get us back within range to win it (within 5 or so kills of the enemy team) if not win it.  The next game in the series?  Enemies can now spawn behind you, maps are now about the size of a quarter of what Black Ops 1 maps were, SAM turrets are useless... regular turrets useless...  Maps are too small to have time to shoot any of the killstreaks out of the sky (including UAVs).  So, I went back to games like World at War and Modern Warfare 1...  Which are, quite frankly... awesome TACTICAL ARENA games.  Tactics work in those games!  They're fun!  This new crap they've been putting out since Black Ops 1?  It's crap.  Worst games ever.  I gave up on the franchise.

Final Fantasy 12:  Yeah, I hate this game.  Game mechanics are okay.  Battle is interesting, but the whole game just feels like busywork.  I wasn't even sure what was going on in the plot until 40 hours in... and it's revealed that basically I'm a group of rebels trying to overthrow a government that really hasn't done anything wrong or even terrible to our country (which they just took over).  So, I'm playing the badguys.  The badguys with a GRUDGE.  A revenge plot.  I turned the game off that point.  I don't know how it turned out, I assume my team wins, but I can't, for the life of me, bring myself to WANT to see my team win in that game.  Especially when the game makes it clear that the new kingdom that took over mine is actually running it BETTER than we were running it.

Final Fantasy 11:  The only thing I have to say about this game is...  It personifies grind.  When using "Steal" has a 1 hour cooldown and it fails 99% of the time... while when it succeeds it gets me a 1 GP vendor trash Rock...  You know it's not a fun game at that point.  Basically, unless you love mindless tedium... you won't enjoy it at all.  I didn't.  Not even after spending 10 hours to get to level 5.  Without any gold or new equipment to show for it.

Final Fantasy 13:  Okay, I just didn't like how restrictive the gameplay was and how nonsensical the plot was.  About a third of the way into the game, your characters just keep having the same stupid argument of "Do we destroy cocoon or not?".  Even when it becomes obvious that the answer is "you shouldn't do that", they still go forward with that plan.  I didn't even finish the game.  It was terrible.

Final Fantasy 8:  The only thing to say about this game was...  The draw system sucks.  The fact that it exists in this game makes it one of the worst games I've played in the franchise.  Whomever thought introducing Grind as a CORE MECHANIC was a good idea should probably be fired and never have another game dev job again.  Idiocy in the industry should not be tolerated.  I guess what little of the story I played was fairly nonsensical and boring too.  Honestly, it was just hard getting past the freakin' Draw and Junction system crap.  Or 7 minute long summoning animations.

Dead or Alive 4:  I bought this game, quite frankly, 'cause of the Halo tie-in.  As a fighting game (I've played a few... they're not normally my cup of tea, but there are some I really enjoy), it's pretty freakin' terrible.  How bad is it?  You don't need to learn ANY of your skills...  Or ANY of the other characters' skills.  You just need to learn THE COUNTERS.  The computer will win entire matches just countering you.  Even if you're hitting buttons at random and executing moves quickly.  They'll counter everything you do if you play too well, until you lose.  In fact, that's how I cleared the entire freakin' game.  I'd play seriously for a while, win some matches, then it would start cheating to kick my butt.  So, I'd let my character stand still (which showed how bad the cheating was when it had a harder time beating me while I was AFK than if I were actually hitting buttons) and lose a few dozen matches in a row.  That many losses brought the AI back down to my level so I could win again.  I'd do this two or three times each story mode and complete them.  It was the only way you could win.  Even my friend, who spends a lot of time learning fighting games, and the moves and combos, got annoyed with this.  It was even more obvious that the game was cheating when there was nearly a half a second delay between when you hit a button and when your character performed the action.  Which means, the game was reading your input and using it against you.  If you like a fighting game to cheat, go ahead and pick that one up.  Want a fair game?  Pick up basically anything else.

Metroid Prime 3:  It's not  HORRIBLE game... but it is bad.  The whole thing feels more like a tech demo for the Motion Controls.  Who knows, maybe it is.  It's woefully short and linear... I managed to beat it in about 6 hours.  Yep, obtained every upgrade.  No puzzles to really solve.  No environments to really navigate.  No real challenging bosses.  The "overdrive" mode or whatever it was called in game, I rarely ever used (or needed to use) because it was pointless.  Basically, the game was kind of... not Metroid at that point.  They removed backtracking (mostly).  They removed exploration (entirely).  Story wasn't really very interesting or useful and was completed so quickly I wondered if I had missed something in game.  I had enjoyed reading all the logs and lore and everything in the first two Prime games.  It was missing in this one.  I had enjoyed scanning all the creatures and exploring the neat looking environments in the first two Prime games...   It's missing here.  Not a very good game.  It's good for a tech demo... it's terrible as an actual game and it's an abomination of a Metroid game.

Halo 5:  It's Pay To Win Call of Duty.  You don't need to say anything else.  That's what it is.  Time To Kill was reduced from 3 or so seconds clear down to about half a second.  Maps were made as small as CoD maps to accommodate the silly arena style.  Terrible map designs really don't help.  On top of limited weapon spawns in the maps.  It's just... it's bad.  I logged 8 hours in the multiplayer and quit playing.  It's currently uninstalled and I have no plans to buy Halo 6 when it releases.  Not until I watch multiplayer of it.  If it's more of the same, then I'm fine with not seeing how the series ends.

5. Amagner

Amagner Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Goat Simulator: Honestly still amazes me that a game like this can make tons of money sure you are a goat but you just run around and either kill things or get killed then magically come back? idk i tried it for an hour maybe not for me but i thought this was just plain pointless.

All the Call of dutys after Modern Warfare 3/Black Ops 1:  I forever hands down will say modern warfare 1 and 2 and call of duty 2 will be the best ever made of all time, heck they even remastered one of them. But the other ones are just getting worse, guns are less creative and why bother people usually go for the spam weapons, online is clunky and messy, gun stats don't even matter, spray and pray all day. This franchise hit a low and it just continues to i wish they just stop publishing these games already.

Duke Nukem Forever: So many years waiting for this and i get absolute garbage. Don't even need to explain why just do not touch this game at all.

Anime games that are actually ship shooting games: I hate these kind of games especially if they have no advertisement or explanation of what it is. I am very open minded to gaming and like to try new things but when i see a story and awesome cover im like hmm sure why not? Wrong i pop it in and im just some ship/flying anime girl shooting 50million bullets all over the place. Waste to me.

6. Crabs

Crabs Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    The country where I live (Brazil) is famous for the piracy.

Guys, I'd like to introduce a SNES game called Picachu. YESSSS! It's PiCachu. "C"

[​IMG]

This game has horrible controls and map design. The graphics are also ripped from other games.

If you haven't laugh today yet. Now it's the time.

Here's a video. Enjoy~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
    Reapergurl likes this.
  7. walkinthru

walkinthru Final Boss? Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dragon Age origins: What can I say, Slow pace, clunky combat, and some of the most monotone story telling I have ever seen. I felt as if it was made to see what Lord of the rings would look like as a game with different sticker. Now on paper it sounds like a good idea, but there was no motivation for me to repeat this game just for a different ending (sorta)

Chaos wars and Musashi samurai legend: I put both these games in the same area just for the fact that their biggest turn off was the english voice acting. I'm not really sure if the game even had an option to change voices (since this was ps2 era) But I usually do prefer to play my games in english. You can easily find a video on the terrible dubbing of chaos wars.

Dark cloud 1: Ok, so I have to first metion that dark cloud 2 is my favorite ps2 game of all time hands down. However, dark cloud 1 was far far far from what it's predecessor accomplished. What was usually the biggest issue with the game was it's huge difficulty spike, it is essentially dark souls in a anime inspired skin with one of the most terrible difficulty gimmicks that can exist, that being durability. Nothing leaves a bad taste in your mouth, like spending a long time grinding a weapon only to lose it because you weren't paying attention to it's durability and then having to start a new weapon from the beginning. 

The guided fate paradox: Ok hear me out, I really like the way the game looks, I like the mystery dungeon gameplay. I am a Huge Mystery dungeon fan, however what works for pokemon doesn't exactly work for everything. See, in pokemon, dying didn't carry as many casualties if you took the right precautions. In the guided fate paradox, taking precautions was a task. Unlike dark cloud 1, durability was not the main concern of this game but instead it was Dying. If you die in this game, not only will you be reset back to 1, but you will lose anything you currently have on you. Now while the level thing might not be in pokemon, losing your items wasn't a foreign concept. Here is where the problem with the game lies. In pokemon, if you lost your items you could still go back one area and grind, losing your items in TGFP meant starting near the beginning. Losing your items meant your armors and weapons. Dying is a positive thing (LOL) as you keep your stats when you go back to level one (except your hp, so while you may hit like a truck, it doesn't save you from getting killed early if you decide to dash back in unprepared.) Minimum, expect 100 hrs of gameplay and more of it to be made up of trial and error and Luck.

8. Animator111

Animator111 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I remember a game in Genesis called Faery Tale  . Poor graphics for the console`s standards and gameplay, not exciting at all.

Also, My Hero in Matser System 

[​IMG]

This is supposed to be a sidescroller fighting game.

The punk kidnaps your girlfriend, and you go save her.

As far as I remember, the game was an endless loop. Whenever you beat the boss, it showed a screen of him crying,

while you and your girl watch the sunset, and then the bad guy gets up, grabs your girl again and escapes.

And you had to restart from the beginning again and again... the was no "The end" in that game.

9. barnzie8

barnzie8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Chronicles of the Sword : point and click on the ps1. The copy i played had a bug, blocking me from going up a set of stairs you needed to go up. Didnt know this until much later and it seems even without the bug it was a bad game.

Rambo: On rails shooter that feels like it wants to be a cod game. 

Battleship: Based on the great battleship movie. Poor mans Halo, where you can open a menu and move some ships around and shoot a cannon.

10. BWright

BWright Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The Superman game that came out in '99, that was bad.

11. barnzie8

barnzie8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I forgot to put in Final fantasy x-2. FFX was a game that really amazed me, the world dragged me in. FFx-2 really did not live up to the first game. I know people say it has the best turn based battle system in FF, but the story is important and it really horrible. It seems it got even worse with a follow up light novel/ book.

12. Clades

Clades doesn't exist Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Stronghold 3 (PC)

I thought after Stronghold Legends it couldn't be worse, but I was wrong.

Stronghold 3 is infected with an army of bugs: problem with the building of a wall, even there is nothing that prevent you to build it there! Some units have after loading the save-state no animation or enemies can go through the big door without problems. It may be cool, that some old bad guys return (like the Wolf from Stronghold 1 and Crusader) but it's told very lame. And they put soundtrack with singing in this game which is just annoying in a while.

Dragonball Final Bout (PS1)

I remember this game from my childhood (and hated it), Your attacks come delayed, so that you think your controller could be broken (but no, I tried it on PS1 and PS3, it's the game itself!). If you unlock some characters after finishing battle mode, there aren't saved on the memory card. Every time you want to play an unlocked character you have to beat the battle mode again, every time you turn on the PS1. I heard you can save them with the Build Up Mode, but never tried it.

You mean Superman 64, don't you?

In addition to that every trailer shows a lot of new stuff (a woman who joins Duke, infected people attacking with tentacles etc.). But either they changed/removed it or made it in the game itself really short.

It's all in all a big disappointment.

Some fans made a mod for Duke Nukem 3D with the same name (Duke Nukem Forever 2013 Mod) and it is much much better than Forever itself.

13. Reapergurl

Reapergurl Drummer Extraordinaire! xD Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hmmm....

Okay.

To start off, we're going back to the Sega SG-1. (anyone remember this?)

I don't remember the title of this particular game, but it involved  The name of the game is Flicky. You're this blue bird that is trying to rescue their little baby birds from mischievous cats that are running around. it's a platformer, and if you get touched by these cats, you're dead. It's VERY HARD, and not a game meant for a six year old. The storyline is kyuute, but the game is too frustrating to get much into the story.

Then, there's this game. I believe it is called Formula GT, and it is rather difficult (the shifting is even harder to get correct than in Pole Position which I also loved-in the arcade). Oh, but that's not all. There's a race maker in which you get to create a track, but it's kinda hard to get the pieces in correctly (you can't go across other pieces or into the wall which is easy to do), and the removal process is a bit misleading. Also, you cannot save your created course, you must race it and then re-create it later.

The level maker in C-So is also flawed because it locks up when you try to save, otherwise it's a fun game. You have to lure these bullies into see-saws which you step on to to flip them and thus trip the bullies over them, and you also have to push balloons into walls. Before the level is done, you also have to grab all the flowers and other items, sometimes having to enter doors which are not always on platforms.

Moving on, to the Sega Mastersystem.

Sega Chess. Okay, actually, this game is very good, it's just that...even on the easiest difficulty, VS. AI plays like a seasoned champion.

I got a good laugh out of the following video, which a friend of mine made.

Oh, and yup. Set the difficulty to the highest setting, win against your second player non-AI opponent, and get the ending sequence. lol

Pit Pot. Often packed with Astro Warrior, this game has you running around a castle with a hammer, smashing enemies and blocks in the floor. Oh yeah, if you smash a block in the floor, and all the blocks have no other attachments to the outer ring, they collapse, and if you're on them, bye-bye.

Another annoyance is that if you find the Princess, but don't have all the relics, Game the f*ck Over.

If you ever played these particular games on PISSTEAM's PSX Emulation Disc, the sounds of BOTH games mentioned make you wish you could blow your ears out, they're that awful.

NES.

I've played some awful games, but NES DOOM was #1 on this list. It's top down, red f*cking screen, can't see a dayum thing, and it's almost like the Virtual F*ckboy (don't EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT *$U*$*@#!$@#*)...yeah. I played for a half an hour, and I couldn't see anything correctly for the next three. Ugh.

T&C Surf and Turf. Actually, this is a decent game, but the controls are tediously difficult, and I could never get past the second wave in surfing.

Skate or Die. Same reasons as T&C, but otherwise is a really awesome game series, and an inspiration for the Tony Hawk series, which is on the top 100 list of best games ever for me. However, for the GB versions of Skate or Die, the controls are RAGE INDUCING, a fair warning.

Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie. The controls are difficult, and the gameplay lags. The SNES versions of these games are way better.

Tetris 2. Both the NES and SNES versions. If I wanted to play Dr.Mario, I'd play Dr. Mario. Tetris 2, while the concept is pretty enough, it's basically Dr. Mario with Tetraminos. No. F*cking. Thanks. Pass.

Mortal Kombat. Any of the NES or GB MK games. Just simply, not enough buttons.

Game Boy.

Tetris. I love Tetris, but on the Game Boy, the controls lagged a lot. This was actually worse when playing a Link Cable versus game.

It seems, though, that GB Pocket and Color did not have these issues. Nor did Super Gameboy.

Final Fantasy games on the GB in general, were far too difficult for the console.

SNES.

I honestly was disappointed by Secret of Mana, so much so I cried! I won't say anymore.

Earthworm Jim. Okay, the gross humor and randomness were good for lolz, but the game was very, very difficult overall, and the system provided by 2 made it no easier. Actually, EW2 was even more confusing, especially with the blind flying worm level where one had to avoid these walls that were an obvious attempt at pleasing a certain fetish community (the walls were curved and covered with what looks like villi, the micro-organs found lining the upper intestine), and don't even mention the half-arsed password system that only works IF you managed to get to the level that the password works for.

As for Earthworm Jim, this whole thing applies to all versions of the early games, SNES and Genesis.

Genesis.

Sonic.

Okay, yeah. Sonic is a great game series, and a very funny guy. The thing is the difficulty of the games get EXPONENTIALLY HARDER WITH EACH RELEASE.

Like, Sonic 2, while the bonus stages are easier with controls, it's much harder because of how many rings one must get. This is even harder with Sonic 3 trying to emulate Mode 7 and the controls suffer as a result. Not to mention that the enemies keep popping up out of dayum nowhere more and more often.

By Sonic Spinball, I had lost hope of completing the games, and Mean Bean Machine was Cheating AI difficult (seriously, play Tetris Attack on the SNES instead).

I love this next game series, don't get me wrong, but Road Rash is great for Rage Inducing. But that got even worse when it went from 16 to 32 bit (PSX).

32 bit gaming.

I've played three, just three games on the Sega Saturn...and they all sucked. I don't remember specific titles, just the disappointment.

Now to PSX.

Psybadek. Ick. Don't even get me started on the beautiful and futuristic concept of hoverboarding that fails to deliver something worthwhile.

Lemmings, gone 3D. Okay, yeah it looks visually pleasing, until you start playing it. Ick. Too. dayum. Hard. Should of stuck to 2D.

Intelligent Qube. Actually, no, this is a great game, with a beautiful storyline, the problem being that you have to actually play at a very high difficulty to understand that there is one at all. Also, the dog character does not sound like a dog, but a guy trying to emulate a dog, and terribly at that. But at least, you get to play as female characters, and edit block patterns after beating the game once (but the block edit mode takes a long time to do because you have 11+ different types of block patterns and 200-yes TWO HUNDRED- sub patterns to edit).

But on that note, I.Q. has a great, somewhat hair-raising soundtrack. *BAOOWOAHOOOWOAH...* LEVEL 3....

Gran Turismo series. I of course, also have this as one of my top 100 games of all time, but this is not a game for the casual player, and gets quite difficult the further you progress (especially if you're playing WITHOUT ANALOG CONTROLS).

The License tests, for example are very difficult, and are often difficult to pass even with a Bronze Rating, let alone Silver or Gold. In GT2, the part where bumping into walls very slightly nets you an instant fail are very rage inducing for the Rally Tests (in which sliding around on the dirt is logical).

But as with I.Q., the soundtrack is awesome. *Squeals with delight at hearing Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots*

Final Fantasy Anthology: FFV.

Okay, to be honest, this is really well done, except the save screen glitch that actually messes up your hard saves as well as temporary saves. Very rage inducing.

Gauntlet Legends.

Okay. I love this game, it is really fun. Unfortunately, it is soooooooooo EASY! Like, the grind is not even necessary, if you go to levels that are somewhat harder and just avoid the harder enemies until you hit enough enemies to level up four or five levels at once. You get EXP per Hit, which is just like Dissidia, but in this game it's even easier. Like, I can start and finish a solo game in six hours or less, I'm not kidding, and get EVERYTHING. I even know where every single secret is, and never once needed any help. I figured this whole game out in less than two months.

But even still, it is also one of my favorites.

N64.

Beetle Adventure Racing. Actually, visually it is very kyuute, but that's about it. I mean, it's like playing Ridge Racer with Beetles. (I didn't mention Ridge Racer before because of foul language reasons). Also, you start and finish each race off the course. You have a circuit you race around, and then finish the race like one would an A-B style race (like in NFS).

I haven't played too many N64 titles, mainly because...the controller. Was someone high as a kite on Mushrooms or something when they came up with the controller design. Seriously...WTAF

Moving on. Skipping Dreamcast because I've never played it (and glad for it).

PS2.

Continuing with the Gran Turismo series, the engines became harder and harder. However, by GT4, the difficulty stabilized and with the DUAL SHOCK 2 full optimization, getting into the engine became very easy. Also, noting the soundtrack, which was the best the series ever had, had way too many songs about sex (but are still awesome), if only the kids had caught on to all the innuendos in Jeff Beck's Hot Rod Honeymoon ('Don't tell me you've never rode a Hot Rod before, or maybe you haven't...'), this sort of thing may not have continued, though...

Tourist Trophy.

Actually, in this game, the sudden shift from four to two wheels is a MEGA SHOCK FACTOR, but the engine is the same (mostly) as GT4, and it actually makes the majority of the game easier, just watch out in certain modes, falling off your bike is an instant fail. The soundtrack is virtually lackluster, as the gaming industry started to follow with the 'changing times'. Boooooooooo.

Final Fantasy XI.

Um, well...if you have a slim PS2, this game does not work at all. What a waste. It will run, but will not play unless you have an older PS2 with an HDD. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!! *raspberry*

Slim PS2 and blue discs...no work why!?

I never understood how that happened. I still don't and six of my PS2 games lie there unused because of this...  ;_;

God of War series...

One thing about this, is that it doesn't even finish until after the PS3 comes out and the PS2 is phased out, there fore GoW3 is only playable on the PS3...WTAF.

Okay, other than that, these games are very difficult, though the storylines are worth the trouble. An Action RPG with varying styles of play, but button mashing is a very common thing to do (and often you have to in order to progress). Oh but, the bonus fun scene in the beginning of GoW2 is well worth it and it makes my favorites just for that, lol  :guffaw:

Skipping Gamecube because I never played it much.

Xbox/360...

One thing that was cool about the Xbox was that several of the games that had PS2 companions also had the ability to play custom soundtracks on the Xbox versions (I know I enjoyed listening to Death Metal whilst playing Tony Hawk games as well as racing games on the Xbox).

What sucks about all Xbox consoles is this...

RRoD (I think we ALL know what THIS means)

I've had two of my own do this to me for no reason. In fact, there was one I had that had no reason, no fault, to go RRoD on me yet it did. My friend at the time simply replaced a loose and stripped screw somewhere, and the RRoD went away. Microsoft...WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst idea ever for a console is to have that even be allowed to happen. Only Microsoft would ever come up with that. Even the head of Sony at the time mocked the lead tech. consultant for implementing something so stupid, which it really is.

Now to games.

Call of Duty. I lost interest in those kinds of games long before, but the idea of a tactical game did rouse my interest until I tried it, and Ick. Nope! Pass.

I first got into Rock Band on the 360, and as much as I love the rhythm game scene (always will), Guitar Hero had better charting for every overlapping song (there were a lot of them), and had better charting for drums once World Tour, then Smash Hits came out (five lanes and double bass drums definitely won that battle).

Of course, with rhythm games, there's appeal and slack in spades; Harmonix had overcharting and engine issues, Guitar Hero had vocals issues as well as DLC issues. Take your pick.

PS3.

Can't really say I've much to complain about. Other than PSN sometimes being a PITA about payment. But at least signing up for PSN is free, unlike Xbox LIVE which you HAVE to have some sort of electronic payment beforehand.

As for PS4/Xbox ONE...nothing.

PC. Most of what I play are old school games or emulators. Nothing too special.

14. MobileSuitSonic

MobileSuitSonic Mod Magnet Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    DBZ: TAIKETSU and BILL & TED for the NES.

15. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Fallout 4: Such a disappointment I don't even know how to describe it without sounding like a raving fanboy (but heck, I guess I am when it comes to wasteland and Fallout as they were pretty much my introduction to gaming, only ever played Legend of Zelda before them).

It's not that I'm inflexible enough to hate the game just for deviating from the classics, while a lot of oldschool Fallout fans were hating 3 for butchering a little lore and being simplified and 3d I was enjoying it as the reboot it was, rather than the successor many wanted it to be. Then New Vegas came along and although clearly rushed with a lot of cut corners it proved that a new Fallout could succeed while paying homage to it's roots and it became my favorite game of it's gen. Then 4 came along and ruined the franchise.

The biggest problem I have with Fallout 4 is that it took the very core of what a Fallout game is and what people originally loved about them and threw it out the window. I'm not even talking about the simplified perk system, though I do dislike the dumbing down/streamlining I understand that most gamers hate numbers or math in games and want to be capable of 100% everything in a single playthrough, I may not like it in my rpgs but I can accept that that's how it's gonna be for 99% of AAA titles right now, what I can't accept in a title that calls itself Fallout above all else is a linearity akin to Farcry, it doesn't make sense.

The series' has always shined the most in regards to the freedoms they allowed players, far beyond anything Bioware ever touched Wasteland and Fallout truly let you play however the hell you wanted. With extremes ranging from white knight trying to save everybody from everything to a grave-robbing, whore-mongering slaver. Wanna be a smoothtalking pacifist hemming and hawing your way out of trouble without drawing blood? How about a shady best-you're-gonna-git traveling doctor who runs drugs by night to finance his saving lives by day? Before 4, Fallout would let you be any of these people or many more. Little handholding, no judgement just throwing you into an f****d up world with the mandate to survive but leaving the details of how you do so as up to the player as they could.

Contrast that to Fallout 4 where you have...what? Two build options. Your either gonna be Bob the Builder with guns or else Wendy the Welder with guns, maybe you'll talk people into murder-suiciding each other by waving your gun in their faces rather than shooting them with it if you don't wanna be 'violent' but is that really any better or is it just plain nonsensical? At the end of the game you'll get to pick between a bunch of assholes who you want to totally obey till the end but other than that you really don't have any choice in the matter except to say no and avoid that content completely.

I almost always played Fallout as some variation of a good guy, but I never realized how much I loved the moral crises and karmatic principles of Fallout til I played the soulless shell of a Fallout game that is 4. What happened to quests like Oasis where you have to balance your tolerance for perpetuating individual suffering with that of protecting(or at least recreating) the environment and maybe eventually saving the planet? Or the options to forgo cold-blooded vengeance and showing mercy for mercy's sake, even if it does come back to bite you? That's just the reboots even, don't get me started on all the options the originals gave you. It's like Bethesda had a meeting where someone decreed "let's throw all of that out the window and release a subpar post-apocalyptic Farcry clone instead." Then later before release when they realized how soulless and shitty the game was came back and said "Quick, steal the most upvoted non-bugfixing (because one thing Bethesda has never been about is quality control) mod that exists across all moddable Fallouts (Real-time Settler) and throw it in there too!"

16. Pierman Walter

Pierman Walter Chunk Monster Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just played a Gordon Ramsay and Paula Deen dating sim. What an emotional roller coaster. We broke up and married a Danish princess and a dairy tycoon, respectively.

17. Zelda

Zelda Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Soul Series: Most over-hyped games for being hard. Games are clunky. Females bodies are not right. Monsters are way too slow and have too few patterns.

Call of Duty Series: Again, over-hyped. The second game was fun due to the campaign and MW2 was fun for the same reason. The game is just a typical FPS game that has been over-hyped for years. Not to mention that a lot of people who play the game online are horrible and think everyone who is better hacks.

Halo Series: Probably my least favourite games of all time. Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament 99' were destroying every FPS game, so someone decided they'd make another futuristic FPS game with ideas pulled from both games.

World of Warcraft: Probably my least favourite MMO / RPG ever. I've literally never liked the game. I will be honest and say that a lot of the reason why is because when it was first being released Blizzard removed a lot of servers from Diablo 2, and this caused Diablo 2 players to start lagging a lot more. Bots and hackers started showing up a lot more in D2 after this as well.

Thief Reboot: For what all the first games did, the reboot was shameful.

Turok Reboot: I liked the original games as a kid and this game was just really bad.

Injustice Series: They were afraid the game wouldn't last on its own as a fighting game despite having DC characters, so they use the most popular fighting game character in the world to pull people into continuing to play it. Scorpion.

Skyrim: Morrowind was better. Skyrim also looked bad graphically speaking when it came out compared to a lot of other games, and for a series that always boast its graphics, that's funny.

Fallout 3/4: 2 is the best Fallout. 3 and 4 are so empty, and boring.

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  18. coolphill

coolphill Gamer Member

First Language:
    US English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Rock Simulator. Nobody ever picked me up and skipped in puddle.;_;

19. Elven Enchantress

Elven Enchantress Random Elven Princess Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Command & Conquer 4.
    *goes throw up after uttering that*

The people who came up with this can't possibly have been sober.
    I struggle to find anything good to say about the game save that I lost the disk and it hasn't turned up yet.

20. MobileSuitSonic

MobileSuitSonic Mod Magnet Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    EDIT: Delete this. It was a redundant post.