Tiamat5774

Dragon Master (yes, I am a DM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi it's me again,

I've thought about this until its given me a headache, and still no closer to an answer.

I want only mages to be able to use magic wands.

The way I have it set up now, is when you buy or acquire a magic wand, It is in an unusable but consumable state.  A character has to activate it by selecting it from the menu.  This calls a common event to add the wand and a set number of "Gems of Wand Power" to the inventory.  The gems act as a kind of ammunition.

I've tried the "multiusable consumable Items" script, but as said before, I'm not very good at scripting.  Even following the directions provided, I've run into problems, which is why I went with calling a common event.

I will be happy to gather the details needed, just list them, but what I believe I need to do is free up the Call event field in items for the wands and make them consumable with charges (using the script mentioned before), and utilize the call common event to make the wands class exclusive.  How close am I to being right about this?

Please help   

Tiamat5774  :stare:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to explain better how you want it to be used. From your description, it sounds like you have a wand as an item, and a wand as a weapon, and you want to be able to use the wand from the items menu, and when you do it adds the weapon and the gems. It also sounds like you have some way for a particular actor to use items ("a character has to activate it by selecting it from the menu") but if you're using the default scripts, there's no way for "a character" to select anything from the menu - the player does that.

Does selecting the item from the menu create a weapon? Does it equip the weapon? How many mages do you have?

Tiamat5774

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im sorry if I confused you with my wording.

What I want to do is make the item "magic wand" either class exclusive or skill exclusive.  What I can't figure out is how to make certain classes or an actor with a certain skill be able to use an Item (wand), and/or restricting others from using said item.

(for example: A sorcerer or wizard can use a Wand of magic Missile.  Barbarians and Fighters cannot)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One way of doing it would be to go to the 'Terms' section of the database.  Under 'Weapon Types' increase the maximum number.  Add the category "Mage Gear" or whatever term you prefer.  Then in the section of the database which creates the weapon, select that type to designate your wand.  Finally, in the class tab, add that type to the 'Equip' category on the right hand side.  As long as you don't give it to any other class, no one else will be able to equip it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One way of doing it would be to go to the 'Terms' section of the database.  Under 'Weapon Types' increase the maximum number.  Add the category "Mage Gear" or whatever term you prefer.  Then in the section of the database which creates the weapon, select that type to designate your wand.  Finally, in the class tab, add that type to the 'Equip' category on the right hand side.  As long as you don't give it to any other class, no one else will be able to equip it.
Unfortunately, the OP seems to be using XP, not Ace.

So this idea doesn't work...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You keep calling it an item. Is it an item or a weapon? They are very different things. Weapons can be restricted to a class. Items cannot.

Please clarify whether it is an item or a weapon, because this is confusing the issue.

Tiamat5774

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The wands were made as ITEMS in the database.  They were made that way because, as far as I know, you cannot make a weapon emulate or cast a spell.  A weapon can only apply a state, change parameters, or deal elemental damage. The wand is selected from the menu during battle for each use.  It is not equipped as a weapon, armor, or accessory would be.

I found this script:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,42886.0.html

from what I've seen it's what I'm looking to do, but every time I try to edit this part to my needs I get a Syntax Error message.  I'm using the same format as is shown in the examples and instructions:

module Wep
    #            {Item_id => [actor_id]}
    Restricted_items = {2 => [1]}
    Class_restricted_items = {2 => [1]}
    Active_restricted_aplication = true
    Use_is_Aplication = false
    Show_application_battle_grafic = true
    Show_application_item_grafic = true
    Restricted_aplication = {2 => [4,1]}
    Class_restricted_aplication = {2 => [2]}
    Dead_cant_use = true
end

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiamat5774

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please close this thread.  The problem hasn't been solved.  I'm just going a new direction with this wand thing. Thanks for trying to help.  I don't understand why I was confusing anybody, but, sorry I was trying to be as clear as I could.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have made 60 new skills! ''after test'' I have made 3 new skills!

Made a new battleback this week! How's it look?
"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmall