RMMV The Z index of the battle animations can be changed?

STARFALL

STARFALL
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make animations in battle play underneath battlers?
For example, if you used an ability in which an icy field appears, I would like it to be seen below the battlers and not above them.

STARFALL

STARFALL
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is necessary for my game even so this will be the first and last bounce.
Thanks in advance.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1604703407825.png
You can make some modifications within the Animation tab in the database.
I've made copies of a number of animations to change various things to get more custom animations for things like summoning zombies.......

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone once shared a script with me on here, it was a long time ago, and I can't recall who it was. The script allowed you to set an animation behind the actor layer if it's name in the database contained certain characters,

Code:
var animation_position = Sprite_Animation.prototype.updatePosition;
Sprite_Animation.prototype.updatePosition = function() {
    animation_position.call(this)
    if (this._animation.name.contains("TPZH")) {
        this.z = -1;
    } else {
        this.z = 8;
    }
};
So copy that text into a blank .js file, import it into your project, and add TPZH to the name of animations you want to show up below the actors.

It is worth noting that this does not work in MZ. I'm not sure why, as I never really knew much about how sprites were drawn to begin with, but it seems like changes to the z axis no longer affect animations and damage popups.

STARFALL

STARFALL
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone once shared a script with me on here, it was a long time ago, and I can't recall who it was. The script allowed you to set an animation behind the actor layer if it's name in the database contained certain characters,

Code:
var animation_position = Sprite_Animation.prototype.updatePosition;
Sprite_Animation.prototype.updatePosition = function() {
    animation_position.call(this)
    if (this._animation.name.contains("TPZH")) {
        this.z = -1;
    } else {
        this.z = 8;
    }
};
So copy that text into a blank .js file, import it into your project, and add TPZH to the name of animations you want to show up below the actors.

It is worth noting that this does not work in MZ. I'm not sure why, as I never really knew much about how sprites were drawn to begin with, but it seems like changes to the z axis no longer affect animations and damage popups.
Thank you very much for the script, my goal is MV and it will be for a long time. Seriously thank you very much!

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
it's because MZ use Efekseer (external program to make animation) files as animation instead of the older MV animation style (where we set our image frame by frame).

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's because MZ use Efekseer (external program to make animation) files as animation instead of the older MV animation style (where we set our image frame by frame).
That isn't entirely true, as you can still use MV animations in MZ, and this script has no effect on their Z axis when you do that. I think it separated all visual elements into their own containers that each have their own Z axis values, and changing the axis of something on the battle animation plane will never cause it to appear below the battler plane because those planes are always separate. I don't really know for sure, though.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
That isn't entirely true, as you can still use MV animations in MZ, and this script has no effect on their Z axis when you do that. I think it separated all visual elements into their own containers that each have their own Z axis values, and changing the axis of something on the battle animation plane will never cause it to appear below the battler plane because those planes are always separate. I don't really know for sure, though.
ah yes... we can use MV animation using plugins...

in my experience when writting my phone menu engine plugin... MZ use sorta like "layer order" in the scene "children"... the later you put it in the children using addChild method... the more it will be on TOP of the screen... if you want to arrange the order... then you need to arrange the scene "children" instead of changing z value... and it would be hard to for example make half Layer A shown on top of Layer B while the rest shown below Layer B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shamokal99