Theia - The Crimson Eclipse

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Lollo Rocket Diver, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Lollo Rocket Diver

Lollo Rocket Diver Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Hi there, I'm here to present to the forums my last RPG made with RPG Maker 2003: Theia - The Crimson Eclipse.  The game is already completed and released, but only in italian language, so I decided to put it in the Project Development section. I released it in January 2015 in italian language and now we are working on the english translation. I really enjoyed making this game and many friends of mine enjoyed playing it. I hope to complete the translation as soon as possible and let you play it too! So... let's go!

[​IMG]

- Synopsis -

Year 2310.

The world of Ariathale, a planet fueled by the power of Atlas, a mysterious versatile mineral, is facing a heavy crisis period due to mankind's greed.

Many years ago, the planet was filled with these crystal stones, but people started abusing it and the world fell into a state of recession.

The leaders of all  ariathalian states met in the Tower-City of Halderos, the most important and rich city of all Ariathale, to decide the future of the planet.

In order to maintain the remaining Atlas resources, those leaders decided to ban the Atlas Technology until they'd find a new energy source capable of substitute the Atlas.

The story begins with Seth, an ex-imperial guard of the Levizoan Empire, escaping from his former comrades.

They are after him because Lord Meister, vassal of the Emperor, thinks that Seth is linked to the potential solution to the Crisis, but the young runaway doesn't want to return to the Vanguards Castle.

- Characters - 

The playable characters of Theia are 19. Each character enters the party with "Guest" condition. As the story progresses, some of them will find a reason to remain with Seth and then lose the condition. A Guest character cannot change his weapons and can't learn new skills. I'll list some of the main characters below:

[​IMG]

Seth Sheridan: 

Seth is a young man tormented by his past. What happened 2 years ago is the cause of his flee from the imperial guards of Reyel: the Vanguards. Lord Meister, vassal of the Emperor, thinks that Seth is linked to the potential solution to the Crisis: a mysterious Red Crystal.

[​IMG]

Rudra: 

Rudra is an old varzan (wolf-man) of the Marut clan, a shamans and hunters tribe. He was the clan's chief. His life was based on hunt and pray, but something happened to the clan. A rival tribe attacked the Maruts killing everyone even though they were less than them. Rudra says that they won because they used a strange Red Crystal with arcane powers. He follows Seth to discover the origin of this mysterious crystal.

[​IMG]

Ferion:

Ferion is a Maverick, a group of rebels that opposes the Halderos Treaty, the treaty that banned the technology. He and his friends use the forbidden technology to help the people of Reikan Empire. He seems to be linked to the Scarlet Wyrms, a dangerous group of criminals looking for the Red Crystal.

[​IMG]

Nadia:

A reserved girl that possesses a strange item that seems to be the potential solution of the Crisis. This item is one of the Red Crystals that both the Empires and the Scarlet Wyrms are looking for, and for this reason she will be involved in the adventure. Nadia is considered a witch by the people of her town, because she is the only one that can use Magic, a source of energy that disappeared many centuries ago.

- Gameplay features -

Theia is a classic J-RPG game, so we have characters with Level, Experience, HPs, and so on. Characters level-up killing enemies, etc etc.

These are the main gameplay features:

40+ hours of gameplay (about 25-30 of main story, and 10 of subquests and secondary events)

19 playable characters

14 subquests

12 trophies / achievements

4 different endings

[​IMG]

- Weapon Upgrade and Atlas Shards System -

Each non-guest character has 3 or 4 weapons that can be created and upgraded by using crafting materials.

Many weapons are crafted with Atlas Technology, so the played can insert Atlas Shards inside the weapons to gain bonuses. These weapons also have Atlas Synergies, that unlock extra bonuses according to the equipped shard. This system resembles FFVII's Materia System.

[​IMG]

- Skills, Ability Points -

The characters don't learn and upgrade skill by leveling up, but by using Ability Points (AP), a pool of points shared by all the characters.

[​IMG]

- Exceed Technique -

The classic Limit Break. Each character has a bar to fill during the combat. When the bar is filled, the Exceed Technique, a powerful attack or buff, can be used.  Each character fills the bar using a specific battle command (we can see this command in the Status Menu). Each character has his unique EX-Technique. At the end of a battle, the Exceed bar will empty.

[​IMG]

- Domain and Domain Skills -

In the right side of the battle screen, there is the Domain Bar: a special bar that charges up by using aggressive commands such as Attack and Skills, and unloads by defending or using items. The more the bar is loaded, the more bonuses we will receive at the end of the battle depending on the characters we are using. Each characters grants a bonus (EXP, AP, money, HP or SP recovery). We can also use this bar to apply passive bonuses by activating Domain Skills.

The Domain Skills are special passive skills unlockable by using APs, that grants bonuses during the combat. We can "equip" a Domain Skill in the Skill Menu and set it at Level 1, 2 or 3. Obviously, the skills is more powerful at Level 3, but it is also more difficult to charge up the Domain Bar until it reaches the selected level.

[​IMG]

- Camp -

While traveling in the World Map, the player can access to the Camp, where he can talk to the other party members and increase (or decrease) their stats, learn new infos about the lore and the characters, and also gain new skills that can be used in combat.

[​IMG]

- Hunts - 

During the adventure, the player may find Hunting Guilds that allows him to hunt down powerful enemies to gain rare items and equipments. The functioning is similar to FFXII's Hunts.

- Screenshots -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Artworks -

Motorbike Chase

[​IMG]

Seth and Memento

[​IMG]

Alison and Nadia

[​IMG]

Seth and Nadia

[​IMG]

Horus Caine

[​IMG]

Don't let him escape again!

[​IMG]

IT'S ADVENTURE TIME! (With Seth and Rudra)

[​IMG]

- Videos -

Those are Italian gameplay videos, so... they are in Italian language, sorry! ^_^"

But they can be useful to understand how the game works.

Glitcherhood Twitch gameplay video:

The Arena:

Snesrulez Gameplay videos (playlist)

You can find more videos about the game on my Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LOLLOROCKET

- Download link -

Not available yet, unfortunately. We hope to release the translated game this year!

- Useful links -

Official website (under construction...):

http://theiathecrimsoneclipse.jimdo.com/

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheiaTheCrimsonEclipse/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
    luzi, chaucer, Freank and 4 others like this.
  2. lord_damios

lord_damios Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Wonderful maps, graphics and i really like your conception with the plugins to change common systems . I love your menu system ! is really awesome ! congratulations !

3. Lollo Rocket Diver

Lollo Rocket Diver Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Thanks a lot! ; )

lord_damios likes this.
  4. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Your game looks very lovely, I really hope you will release it on Steam too when you're done with the translation.

5. Accendor

Accendor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The Trailer looks really awesome and well done. If your game manages to provide only half of what the trailer promises this will be really big! Looking forwards to play it!

6. Freank

Freank Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Only in Italy over 1,500 Downloads ! I hope to see it soon in english ! Congratulations !

[​IMG]

7. Century2Knight

Century2Knight Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The best sceenies I've seen so far. Well done. you should make the english version of this game faster, mate. It would be a BEAST.

Going to check this thread often.

8. fish

fish Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Mandarin
    This looks absolutely amazing. I love the trailer you have.

9. Robert Trent

Robert Trent Level Designer Member

First Language:
    English/Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Wonderful project as I told you in rpg2s.
    But I don't see the download link  :unsure:
    Wish you good luck if it's still on work !

10. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks very interesting :)