Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So last night my eyes felt really strained (it was 3am and I turned off all the lights) but then I switched to the Dark theme, and my eyes were thankful for it. But now in the daytime, I actually prefer the default theme. I don't suppose there's a way for it to automatically change between Default & Dark depending on if it's AM or PM? :kaoswt:

Or should I just not be lazy and do it manually?...

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm Are you talking about the forums or MV?
MV, but now that you mention it I wouldn't mind applying the same logic to the forums lol. I'm on the computer like 18hrs a day heh...

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I must say this looks cool :kaojoy:

1606695865460.png

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@stramin Whoa, how did you do that? I only have like 3 choices in themes for the forums, and none of them look like that. The only "dark" choice I see is "Swift Dark":
1606697173324.png

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I use a chrome extension called "StyleBot", it let you set a custom CSS for every website.

This is the CSS I used:
CSS:
body, img{
  filter: invert(1) hue-rotate(180deg);
}

the extension let you enable and disable the style with a single click so I use this same CSS for almost all the websites to get a dark theme on the night.

1606699333081.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I mainly needed to know if this thread needed to stay here or be moved to Site Feedback. Seeing as you were originally talking about MV, this is where it should be. However, IF it could be done it would need a plugin or something.

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
sorry for that mlogan

I think this topic belongs here, and I am also interested in find a way to achieve what the OP asks.

In the system registry I see an entry called "themeName" in this path:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\KADOKAWA\RPGMV
On the default skin it says "default"

1606706369328.png

When I change the skin to dark it changes to "dark":

1606706335978.png

I think a way to achieve this is change this registry entry using a batch file and trigger this batch using the Windows Task Scheduler setting the time when the sun is hiding.

This will not change the skin while you are using the engine but when you launch it, so you should set a time before you usually open the program (or restart the engine).

Maybe there are other ways to do it, but now I can't think of anything else.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

@taarna23's status just made me realise I haven't had any scam calls since that guy who hung up on me before he even began reading his script. How quiet it's been ... they were pretty much the only people who ever called!
I find great satisfaction in smiting spambots. I'm not really sure why.
I finally added my newly updated demo back to the website! It only took like 4 weeks of work...
Where is the "world-weary sigh" comment response when you need it? I need that one more than anything, but the closest we have is "wow" or "angry".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merlinjoe