Themes for RPG vol. 1

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Flare Gear, Jan 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Flare Gear

Flare Gear Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Hello guys, I'm happy to announce the release of the first collection of Theme tracks for RPG Maker Games.

Themes for RPG vol. 1 are entirely composed and produced by me out of need (and love) for RPG Making.

The tracks inside are already in use in my games ("Eledyan: Tower of Enigmas" and "Leave the Maze"), althought I've improved some in the process.

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb9ntf8fq3y8n82/Themes%20for%20RPG%20vol.%201.rar?dl=0

Terms of Use

- You are free to use the tracks in both commercial and non-commercial games!
    - You are not allowed to claim the tracks as your own.
    - No Edit (an exception is made with the inner editing in RPG Maker - the pitch, pan and volume controls)
    - Use the Tracks only as Soundtrack for game developed with RPG Maker (every version), IG Maker and GG Maker.
    - If you utilized these tracks please credit me as "Joey Giuliana / FlareGear Interactive".
    - If you are an Game Soundtracks Lover, feel free to ask the Album with the song versions of the tracks (not looped and edited for listening purpose only) by sending a PM - it's free and I would love to share it without any problem! ;)

2. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've only started listening to them, but they are nice tracks!

The instruments and composition remind me of the popular .mod tracker music format of the '90s.

Brings back memories :rwink:

Flare Gear likes this.
  3. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm loving the sound! Perfect for a retro game, I think. Thank you very much for sharing :)

Flare Gear likes this.
  4. megatasty!

megatasty! Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Very nice indeed! I shall use them wisely, sir! Thanks for sharing.

Flare Gear likes this.
  5. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not even editing to make the ogg files to have a custom loop metadata?

Flare Gear likes this.
  6. Flare Gear

First Language:
    Italian
    That is allowed as long as you change only the loop metadata!

7. Supercoolmike

Supercoolmike Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey Flare gear. I just listened to the whole soundtrack and I think its a pretty cool album you got going on here, as It has a lot of 80's synth retro feels going for it. I also will have to applaud you for keeping all of your instruments and tempo relatively close to each other because some of the other people's albums in the past would hinder away from them and doesn't really sound like it fits together.

The only thing that threw me off was from the song "Getting into Trials" as it's the only song with a metal guitar. I like the notations that were used for it, but it kind of leaned towards a different direction then what your album was going. Of course this is only my opinion though. Other than that, I feel like this album is definitely leaning towards more of an "area" or "dungeon-like" settings as the album mostly contains these types of elements. There's nothing wrong with that, its just that sometimes people are looking for albums that contains certain elements and stating that could help ease out there search and reduce your frustration of explaining.

Last but not least, Thank you for having a good grasp of how to release an album with the whole Terms of use, ogg and mp4 files specially since it's your first time. The only thing I would suggest for you to do for this album or any of your future albums is to rename your songs, because as it stands now If people were to download and place those files in there projects. Those files will be alphabetically placed in their huge list of other songs, which will separate your albums throughout their list possibly making it lost.

For example:

"All is gold"

"Beginnings"

"Between Dimensions"

should be ( but also not limited to as they're plenty of ways to renaming)

"FlareGear-01-All_is_Gold"

"FlareGear-02-Beginnings"

"FlareGear-03-Between_Dimensions"

This way everyone will know who did it and the album will stay with each other when its implemented in their list. its also beneficial for the creator to place any song in any order they want it if that's what you desired in the first place. 

I probably talked too much but before I end this, I just wanted to say that "Crystal", "Exploration", and "Time for some Venturing" are my favorites from the Album.  =)

Flare Gear likes this.
  8. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

these are amazing, thank you so much!

Flare Gear likes this.
  9. Flare Gear

First Language:
    Italian
    Thanks for your feedbacks, everyone! :)

For Supercoolmike:

Thanks for the advice. Anyway, I've already put tags inside the audio files before uploading the Collection. Each track, when played with players like Winamp, shows "Joey Giuliana" as the artist name (it's not "FlareGear" only because I already had the artist name for music - I used to be an EDM producer before applying into RPG Making). "Getting into Trials" had to be with metal guitar sounds since it's meant to "cheer up" players at certain moments (that's up to RPG makers when and where, provided they use it!). It seems quite strange, yet I'm most into matching sounds from different genres in tracks (whenever it is possible! ;) )

PS: sometimes, while making or during working time at office, it happens I try to sing up random words on "Crystal" and "Time for some Venturing"! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
  10. kattywompus

kattywompus trash bunny Member

First Language:
    English
    I love these! I'm just building a pretty basic game with the default sci-fi stuff from MV right now, and the sounds on this album go perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing them!

Flare Gear likes this.
  11. Marushia

Marushia Neko-chan Veteran

First Language:
    Brazilian
    Thanks ^.^ 

12. kreedves

kreedves Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    shouldn't this be in General resources and not MV resource? Nice work a the same!

13. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Very cool, thanks!

14. Sythian Bard

Sythian Bard Self Proclaimed Beard Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great sounds going on here. I especially like that they fit in with the RTP bgm files. This makes them a great addition!