Theo - Insane Anti Lag (Version 1.1 added page check enhancer!)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by TheoAllen, Dec 5, 2014.

1. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My game is out now, how do you want me to send you the free copy (per your terms of use)?

2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Any method is fine. Steam redeem code (if the game is hosted in Steam), the game file with unlock code, plain game file just like many free games, encrypted, unencrypted, up to you. As long as it's playable.

3. tw1zter

tw1zter Warper Member

First Language:
    English Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello! first of all, thanks for making such a great script!
    I have a fatal glitch that provides a pop up window that reads "Script 'Anti Lag' line 239: NoMethodError ocurred. undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass"
    Which is
    #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # * Set value
    #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    def set(x,y,val)
    @table[x][y] << val
    end
    It would be awesome if you can give me a quick fix like the 245 line guy on post #58 please, thanks!

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @tw1zter: You should post a list of all scripts you are using and what you did when the error occurred. Otherwise there is no way that Theoallen can fix this.

5. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you can pinpoint where and when it happens, it might be easier to track. Because the particular line should fine as is. Are you using looping map? Because I don't remember if it actually works for looping map. Does it also happen in a fresh project?

6. tw1zter

tw1zter Warper Member

First Language:
    English Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    im using 40 scripts on my project, so naming them would be a little too much, but i havent seen any problem with the compatibility until now.
    This is the quote of the error message:
    I initially saved the game, then attempted the boss fight but died. Now, whenever I launch the file, it crashes with the above message.
    Its not a looping map.
    The project is like 5 months old, havent had scripts problems until a guy message me on the steam discussion page of my game, so i guess its kinda new, this is my game
    (you can ask my a copy if you want one)

7. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    And it's also sidescroller, I'm not sure how you managed to make sidescroller in RM, like if it is by eventing or another script. The error indicates that something is out of bound. For example, if your map size is 20 x 20, then something is assigned in 20x21 so the script does not know what is that. Have you managed to replicate the error? Or are you just forwarding your player's message to me? I would appreciate if you confirm and able to replicate the error because it's going to be easier. And while I could provide a probably random guess fix, it MIGHT break the other thing, so I prefer to debug it.

Regarding the game
    If you read the script ToS carefully, the game should have already in my Steam library, but it isn't yet. Why?
    Do you also have a license for the other scripts you're using for your commercial game? Or even the graphics and the music assets at all?

8. tw1zter

tw1zter Warper Member

First Language:
    English Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @TheoAllen i couldnt replicate it, because im a complete newbie about scripts and advanced stuff on rpgmakervxa, after all, its my first game with 0 experience on programming or anything on game making, so i opted for trying to contact with the script maker first.
    And regarding the game itself
    Most scripts ask for a obligatory thanks on the credits or on some place inside the game, and all of them are free for comercial use in one way or another (sorry for missing the part on your tos that said that i had to give you a free copy, i only checked if they were open for "free" comercial usage), so that's exactly what i did, so i can ask for a copy of the game for you, that's no problem at all, and since my game wasnt well recieved, i didn't bother on trying to contact every scripter, since i didn't knew how to contact most of them in the first place (because most of the scripts are really old so the creators are innactive), so i opted for just giving them one if i happend to contact them or if they just ask me for one.
    Regarding the sprites and music, all of them are original, in fact, everything is original, as much as you can call something or this game in particular >original<
    Also, thanks for answering!, i'll try to see what can i do to fix the problem

9. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Not knowing how to code is not a sin. I'm asking you that at least you could replicate the error, that would be easier because:
    1. You know the source of the error
    2. You know how to confirm if the error is fixed/gone
    I don't mind getting asked, but you should also able to help yourself as well. If you just blindly forwarding the message from your player to me, then you also don't know what is going on your game.

That said, I DO have something in mind to fix the problem, probably. But without something in your end to confirm if the problem is fixed, it's going to be hard. Again, I ask you to at least able to replicate/reproduce the error.

We can talk about the game in PM.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019