Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Limited Inventory
Version : 1.4
Type : System add-on​
 ​
Introduction :
This script allow you to limit your inventory by overall possesed items instead of individual item

Features :

• Limit inventory by overall possesed item
  • Each item may have their own size / weight
  • You may increase or decrease inventory limit using states or equipment
  • Ability to discard item in item menu
  • Define your own formula to determine inventory limit
  • Penalty for having overburdened like slower movement / disable dash *New
  • The rest of features is written in script
Screenshots :

Script:
The script is too long. Grab it here

How to use:
Put this script below material but above main
If you're using YEA - Shop Option, put it below that script
Edit configurations and the notetags as described inside the script

Credit:
Credit me as TheoAllen

Last edited by a moderator:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Little update to version 1.1. I just found some issues in my script

Clyve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is so very close to something I've been looking for!  Is there a way to make each item take its own slot, rather than stack?  IE:  If you have 3 potions, they are all put in the inventory in separate slots rather than one with Potion x 3 or whatever?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, no. At least, not now. Since my first inspiration is The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (they don't separate it in different slot)

Clyve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be hard to implement? 

I am a scripting noob, so I have no idea about what the difficulty level of something like this would be.

Edit:  Completely forgot to say thanks for such a cool script.  Thank you!

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe no, maybe yes. I haven't tried it yet.

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome script, was just what I'm looking for. A question though, I'm using a modified item scene and I need to move the item size and total size windows around, and possibly resize them. Could you help me out with that?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Of course :)

Maybe, I need to alter the script a bit. So you may relocate and resize the windows as you wish. Stay tune. I need to finish my real life problems at first

Clyve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Theo, do you plan on adding a check to exchange items when the player's inventory is full and they either open a treasure chest or get an item drop from a monster that they'd rather carry?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, I have planned to make a item drop selection. So player may choose their item drop from monster in battle end.

I'm currently studying Scene_Battle to make sure I edited the script correctly.

And for the chest. You may use my script http://theolized.blogspot.com/2013/06/theo-chest-system.html

Clyve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, this is a storage system!

Not quite what I was talking about, but still something that complements your inventory system wonderfully.

Nicely done on that.

Edit:  What I was talking about is when you open a regular treasure chest and your inventory is full.

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Another question - is there a script call you can use to raise and lower the inventory size on the fly? (Or even better, tying it to a variable would be the sexiest thing).

EDIT: Annnd finally, is there some kind of check you can use to make it obvious the inventory is full? I tried $game_player.inv_maxed?in a conditional branch but that wasn't it, aha.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@clyve : My chest system can be used for treasure chest. Player open the chest, and see what's inside. Use the notetag as described inside the script instruction to init the chest item

@Quigon: Good suggestion. Since the inventory limit is based on party members. Maybe, I should use Game Variable to give additional party inventory limit. What do you think?

To check whether inventory is full, use $game_party.inv_maxed? instead of $game_player :D

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Haha, I was close enough I guess! Yeah, doing it via a variable would be good.

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, what are the terms of use? Is it usable commercially? Thanks :)

Internetakias

RPG Maker VX Ace Noob :P
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
How about including the option to disable item stacking and have every duplicate take up an inventory slot?

Shian

Pervasively Incandescent
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello, is it possible to make the <inv plus: n> notetag work for items too? Alternatively if you could complete the whole putting the inventory limit into a variable thing that would work to, since I'm using agility as an indication of carrying capacity.

Thanks.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whoa.... been abandoned this thread for about 2 months...

Current version right now is 1.2d.

I didn't expect if many people will use my script and report many bugs xD

Hi, what are the terms of use? Is it usable commercially? Thanks :)
You're free to use for commercial. As long as you give me the free copy of your game. Don't worry, I won't share it with other

How about including the option to disable item stacking and have every duplicate take up an inventory slot?
Since my first inspirastion was Skyrim, I am not intend to do it so soon. But it's great idea.

Hello, is it possible to make the <inv plus: n> notetag work for items too? Alternatively if you could complete the whole putting the inventory limit into a variable thing that would work to, since I'm using agility as an indication of carrying capacity.

Thanks.
Well, maybe I should add inventory limit formula for next version. Thanks for giving me a new idea

Shian

Pervasively Incandescent
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, maybe I should add inventory limit formula for next version. Thanks for giving me a new idea
Thanks for the quick response! Yes, there are many people who love your script!

Regarding my request, at first I thought that just tying the inventory limit to a variable would work (and solve Quigon's problem as well), but then I realised it would make things complicated when removing party members, especially if it's possible to edit the variable, so that the amount the limit increases when the party member joins is different to how much should be gone if the party member leaves.

You can use two variables--one for the actual party inventory limit, and one for how much each party member increases the inventory limit, to solve this I think. When they leave just make sure to remove the value of the variable that calculates how much they increase the inventory limit, and if they rejoin later remember to add the variable to the inventory limit again.

Just thought to remind you that if you're going to add the ability to put the inventory limit into a variable, you should put the information somewhere in the script that they have to do that if they want to remove party members later on.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can use two variables--one for the actual party inventory limit, and one for how much each party member increases the inventory limit, to solve this I think. When they leave just make sure to remove the value of the variable that calculates how much they increase the inventory limit, and if they rejoin later remember to add the variable to the inventory limit again.
Yes, that's what I'm going to do. I planned to add feature to change additional inventory for each actor. Using script call such as $game_actors[id].base_inv = value may change actor's base additional inventory during game :)

Another plan is make a custom formula. For example, each actor has leveled up, it will add more free inventory slot depends on your formula. Or additional free inventory slot is based on actor's MHP. I guess it would be more universal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.
I miss lockdown already. Since the pubs reopened, there's been nothing but loudmouthed drunks wandering about my neighbourhood.
Twitter is making me embarrassed to be a Persona 5 fan rn
I don't wanna be called out when I say P5R is my favorite game :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SparkleLanturn