Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can new windows be made?
Yes

Change line 741 to.
Ruby:
@lim_inv = Window_MenuLimInv.new(300)
This will dictate the window's width.

If you want to change the window position, you might as well change the next two lines.
Ruby:
@lim_inv.x = 100
@lim_inv.y = 100
Numbers are for you to change.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
version of the script than I am (1.4c).
Yes I had version 1.3 saved.
Theo Has given you an answer so go with that.
But as I was saying commenting it out would just stop the window from getting made.
Sometimes that's an option. And it would be line 737. create_liminv_window

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes

Change line 741 to.
Ruby:
@lim_inv = Window_MenuLimInv.new(300)
This will dictate the window's width.

If you want to change the window position, you might as well change the next two lines.
Ruby:
@lim_inv.x = 100
@lim_inv.y = 100
Numbers are for you to change.
Thank you! It's been awhile since I checked back on this but your suggestion worked great.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
@TheoAlien would you consider my qustion about the inventory?

"Hey man! I love your TheoAllen - Limited Inventory script! I adore it! I do have one comp ability issue and I would be really sad to not be able to use both of those scripts. I use your script (above) and Moder Algebra Hover Alerts 1.0.3. script. That script, as title says, makes item/gold icon pop above character when you loot, but with your script it don't work. It shows gold, but items, weapons and armors don't pop up. Is there anyway, you could just tweek it little bit to make it work? Please, I would be so appreciative. I wanted to ask M.Algebra, but he wasn't online in a long time so you are my only hope. Please reply, I need you."

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know that script, not everyone knows that script.
If you drop the link to the script here, me or someone else could try to make a compatibility patch.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
I don't know that script, not everyone knows that script.
If you drop the link to the script here, me or someone else could try to make a compatibility patch.
Ok, I just found out that I linked the wrong question. Sorry. Here was the question that I wanted to ask you:

"Hey people! I've been using this script for a while now. I really love it and I resect Theo for his hard work that he puts for us parasites that have 0 clue to make a script.
Now, since I use this in my game, everything works fine. I've been thinking lately that I want to make a pack horse or donkey to act as a storage container. It would be cool if anyone knew a way to nulifie (remove) size increase when character or in this case, a pack horse, dies. So that excess weight slows you down like the script works.
TL:DR:
When actor or horse with inventory dies, the weight he can carry is reduced to the alive party members carrying size. VX Ace if it makes any difference.
Thanks for your time reading."

Thanks for your time and great work in help out people

Last edited:

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen
I found a bad bug/exploit with Hime's Instance Items. Items that are instanced don't actually go into the chest, but instead are duplicated in the chest. You can then take the duplicates out of the chest.
Also, is there a way to prevent items from being able to be stored in the chest, like key items?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cthulhusquid what you described is an expected incompatibility (incompatibility and bugs are different). The script was made assuming no instance item script installed and assume you're using the default script to handle the item. Unfortunately, I have no interest to break down Hime's instance item to make a compatibility patch.

@ddejan90 it sounds like you're requesting a new whole storage system, and not a simple patch to change how something works. In that case, you may find better luck in the RGSS3 script request forum.

ddejan90

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbo-Croatian
Primarily Uses
@cthulhusquid what you described is an expected incompatibility (incompatibility and bugs are different). The script was made assuming no instance item script installed and assume you're using the default script to handle the item. Unfortunately, I have no interest to break down Hime's instance item to make a compatibility patch.

@ddejan90 it sounds like you're requesting a new whole storage system, and not a simple patch to change how something works. In that case, you may find better luck in the RGSS3 script request forum.
Oki. Thanks anyway man. Appreciate your time

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My favorite thing about my magical girl Yuki is her ahoge can sense food, she's lazy and a crybaby and LOVES food
ahahahaha just some girls yunaandyuka.png
and some girls im working on
1624241110918.png
Not about my game project but i feels like to talk about it a bit. :kaohi:
moka.jpg

It's my コテキャ and maybe closest thing in english is a "avatar personality" i guess?
Her design also looks very similar to protagonist from my game because i'm so uninspiring :kaoslp:
Oh and my hobby is sleeping and drawing. :kaojoy:
Okay, so it seems I've found a major bug in VNM. Check my thread about variable buttons in the support forum for more info.
Man, this quick One Map game is causing unprecedented amounts of trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komradiv