Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I actually have never used the standard screenshake. How is this different from the default screen shake feature?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I actually have never used the standard screenshake. How is this different from the default screen shake feature?
Standard screen shake shakes the x-axis. And it goes left and right. This one has a randomized direction (and also include y-axis).

Elliott404

NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, the more realistic earthquake effect.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you make it shake indefinitely? I seemed to have an issue sustaining the shake when I was a noob. (Haven't tried again since, so maybe I missed an in engine option in my noobness? )

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you make it shake indefinitely? I seemed to have an issue sustaining the shake when I was a noob. (Haven't tried again since, so maybe I missed an in engine option in my noobness? )
Theoretically, you can achieve looping shakes by using parallel/looping event. But it's probably better if I do it from the plugin itself. You're the second one asking for this. So you're not alone. I may update it in the future (if I'm not going to forget it).

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Theo, thanks for converting this into a RMMV plugin, it's much appreciated. However, I tried the plugin a new project with not other plugins active and I still wasn't able to get it to work. I used the plugin command exactly how it shows on the example: Plugin Command: Shake 10 45

Am I missing something?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi Theo, thanks for converting this into a RMMV plugin, it's much appreciated. However, I tried the plugin a new project with not other plugins active and I still wasn't able to get it to work. I used the plugin command exactly how it shows on the example: Plugin Command: Shake 10 45

Am I missing something?
Theoretically, it should work, but try a script call instead if plugin command doesn't work.
Code:
$gameTemp.shake_screen(10, 45)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use it with a switch and variable to control the shake strenghts with a plugin command, and it works awesome.
Im happy it does exist which is very nice with a timer on to run, run, RUUUUUUUUUN =)

Flanxei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yo, thank you so much! I guess my skills at searching google stinks for screen shaking plugins, but I am very glad I found this one! I always found the default screen shaking very lacking. Thank you again!

Edit: Any chance you can make this compatible with MBS - Map Zoom?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
highchloride