Theo - Target Selection Consistency. Area of effect needs a selection phase too.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
About:
The default RMMZ design skips the selection phase if the skill is not a single target or if targets the user.
This saves click if you're using a default turn-based. But takes away the confirmation phase if you are using a turn system that makes the actor acts instantly after you input a command for them. So, I'm bringing this back.

Preview:
selectionconsistency.gif

Download:
Version 1.1 (Window displayed)
Version 1.0 (No window)

Note:
For version 1.0. the selection window for the enemies will not be displayed for area effect due to an anomaly in the code.

Terms of Use:
Read here

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
MechanicalPen has made a generous edit to display the selection window to the plugin.

Screenshot_1238.jpg

The plugin is updated to version 1.1 while also retaining the version 1.0 variant if for some reason you don't want the window.

GmOcean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Having not messed with the battle system much, I didn't even know it did that really. This is definitely something I'll be adding *bookmarks*.

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you disable the effect for guarding?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know if this would be compatible with various plugins but try this patch as a new plugin file.
JavaScript:
Scene_Battle.prototype.commandGuard = function() {
    const action = BattleManager.inputtingAction();
    action.setGuard();
    this.selectNextCommand()
};
Of course, I haven't tested it.

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
works perfect thanks, would be a good option to have if you update, anyways this is one of those underrated plugins. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finished switching to a new PC. Now I could potentially start working at projects or plugins again if I feel the motivation to do so.
If you don't read the news, you are uninformed. If you read the news, you are misinformed.
Custom slip rates and custom ailment durations for enemies really opens up the floodgates for status effect use. I can have Poison and Time Stop affect bosses without it breaking their balance! Finally, a healthy middle ground.

(Especially after I cooked up a thing that prevents you from re-applying deadly states more than once in specific occassions.)
Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryhiight