Adds taunt and hide mechanics.

When the actor is taunting, all single attack is directly aimed to them
When the actor is hiding, no single attack will target them
When the enemy is taunting, you can only target them
When the enemy is hiding, you can not target them

All of those mechanics are ignored when the skill is an area effect

How to use:
Put <taunt> or <hide> in the notebox.
You can use it literally anywhere. From states, equip, class, actor/enemy notes.
Do note that if you put them in the actor/class note box, they will always taunt/hide with no way of removing it.

Some things to note:
Q: What if the battler has both <taunt> and <hide>?
A: The <hide> tag takes priority

Q: What if there is more than one battler that is taunting.
A: The random target (that is taunting) will be rolled based on their TGR.

Q: What if all the battlers are hidden?
A: If there is no target (due to being hidden by the trait), all of them will be automatically exposed and will be targetable

Q: How do I tell if the battler is taunting/hiding? They don't have a visual indication, explanation, or anything
A: That is your problem. Go seek a plugin that does the thing. This plugin only deals with the mechanic. Not visual, or the user interface.

Q: Is this plugin compatible with <insert any target manager plugin>
A: Maybe, maybe not. I only overwrite the random target function. If the plugin does a similar thing, then it probably won't work. I might want to take a look and see if I can do something for compatibility as long as I could see the code (it is not paywalled/obfuscated)

Download:
Save as Theo_TauntHideTraits.js

Terms of Use:

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
can i use this?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LAB00M