Theolized Sideview Battle System (In Game Editor + Version 2 Coming Soon)

Mastoyris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hellenic
Primarily Uses
how i can create my own battlers :D Thk :)

Mastoyris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hellenic
Primarily Uses
I have a problem . This script is perfect but when i use also Galv's Pop Up item and  Yami mapping for paralax map.. Galv's pop Up  dont work. Can u help me plz ? :D

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Mastoyris, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is not the place for your first query.  Battlers are created using some sort of art/image program, but if you are not an experienced spriter, doing battlers is unlikely to be a success, as so many different poses are needed.  Either way, it is not the concern of a scripter where you get your graphic resources from.

It is unlikely that Galv's Pop Up Item script will work with this, but again, this is not really the place to ask the question,  I suggest you start a new thread in Script Support and ask there to see if anyone will/can come up with a compatibility patch.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have tested and used this script from resolutions of 544x416 to 1280x786, and no graphic bugs happened for me, at all. I used the 1.4 version, don't know about the 1.3 version (and Theo's ED uses the 1.3 version, if I remember right).

If you did not change any configuration, yet used your own sheets which differ from the ones used in Theo's demo, you can NOT expect it to work without issues.

Theo did not design it for "Kaduki sprites mainly". You can use any kind of sprite sheets, no size or columns/rows rules. As long as you set them up properly, it will work.

You must change every pose index to match the directions for your battlers on your image sheet, or else they will face in the wrong direction.
Maybe you're not testing it through the troops tab. Boot up the game from the start menu and try it because I never get any problems from the troops tab.

Mastoyris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hellenic
Primarily Uses
Mastoyris, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is not the place for your first query.  Battlers are created using some sort of art/image program, but if you are not an experienced spriter, doing battlers is unlikely to be a success, as so many different poses are needed.  Either way, it is not the concern of a scripter where you get your graphic resources from.

It is unlikely that Galv's Pop Up Item script will work with this, but again, this is not really the place to ask the question,  I suggest you start a new thread in Script Support and ask there to see if anyone will/can come up with a compatibility patch.
Thk u :)  

Coldcce

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, I'm trying to use this, but I'm confused on how do you use custom sprites to fight. Like in my Game, I'm trying to use a Sprite Sheet of Captain Buggy from One Piece.

And I don't know how to use him so he can do his animations and use his sprite without shrinking him.

I've been trying to understand this but I'm still confused on how this works.

Can anyone please help me?

12:10 AM

8/12/15

Fixed it! Nevermind. Just had to do some things to make it work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kazuo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone !

I've a problem with TSBS : my sprite dont show icon when he use any attack.

I put this : "Sword-Cast" => [4,   0, -12, true,  -45, -45, 1, -3],  

On my Config2 like its supposed to be, but when i try to use it on any sequence, the icon of Sword-Cast didnt show up.

The sequence :

"Eric_Aurablade" => [

[],

[:wait, 10], 

[:wait, 23],

[:pose, 3, 0, 25],

[:pose, 3, 2, 7],

[:wait, 5],

[:cast, 21],

[:icon, "Sword-Cast"],   <-------- Sword cast dont show any icon

[:loop, 2,"K-Cast"],

[:wait,25],

[:cast,15],

[:pose, 3, 5, 2, "Swing"],  <-------------- But swing show the standard swing already on the config2 file

[:com_event, 2],

[:action, "Target Damage"],

[:pose, 3, 4, 2],

[:pose, 3, 3, 3],

[:check_collapse],

[:reset_backdrop],

[:wait, 70],

],

My sprit just take the pose, cast the spell, dont show his  sword, make a swing with his sword and deal damage.
Why the swing show the weapon, but not my Sword-cast ?

I've try with some icon already make by Theo himself, like "Sword_Wait" => [4,4,-9,true,45,45, 1, -3],   still the same, didnt show any icon, only the swing.

Charlie.D.Alva

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone !

I've a problem with TSBS : my sprite dont show icon when he use any attack.

I put this : "Sword-Cast" => [4,   0, -12, true,  -45, -45, 1, -3],  

On my Config2 like its supposed to be, but when i try to use it on any sequence, the icon of Sword-Cast didnt show up.

The sequence :

"Eric_Aurablade" => [

[],

[:wait, 10], 

[:wait, 23],

[:pose, 3, 0, 25],

[:pose, 3, 2, 7],

[:wait, 5],

[:cast, 21],

[:icon, "Sword-Cast"],   <-------- Sword cast dont show any icon

[:loop, 2,"K-Cast"],

[:wait,25],

[:cast,15],

[:pose, 3, 5, 2, "Swing"],  <-------------- But swing show the standard swing already on the config2 file

[:com_event, 2],

[:action, "Target Damage"],

[:pose, 3, 4, 2],

[:pose, 3, 3, 3],

[:check_collapse],

[:reset_backdrop],

[:wait, 70],

],

My sprit just take the pose, cast the spell, dont show his  sword, make a swing with his sword and deal damage.

Why the swing show the weapon, but not my Sword-cast ?

I've try with some icon already make by Theo himself, like "Sword_Wait" => [4,4,-9,true,45,45, 1, -3],   still the same, didnt show any icon, only the swing.
I'm not sure if I'm wrong but I think you 're wrong in the index number instead of -3, you would have to put -1 or -2 .

Sorry for my English I'm not very good, but I hope that you find understanding .

Kazuo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thanks !

Its was the -3 :(

onlyrpg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you teach me how to write a script for character to make multi-hits on one enemy.?

Also , How to fix "#Addon-Casting pose " error

it says "Underfined sequence key "Action_Key" for cast phase"

ScoopJohn

The guy who asks too many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Guys, i'm worried that v1.4 is still WIP...and i don't even know if my game should work with that open beta version.

I would be very glad to put this in my future projects, but i thought this would still crash.

I aswell saw Theo is inactive..

Yangfly Master

Jack of All Trades, you know, the Lone Wolf.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Theo Allen died :(

Kidding :)

For those who would like to contact him, hes only active on his indonesian forum: http://rmid.forumotion.net

Good luck cresting acc though :/

ScoopJohn

The guy who asks too many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Theo Allen died :(

Kidding :)

For those who would like to contact him, hes only active on his indonesian forum: http://rmid.forumotion.net

Good luck cresting acc though :/
Wait, how he could only be active in the indonesian forums? In some point he promised he could be inactive more in the RPG VX Ace forums...

Yeah, the indonesian text in the forums are irritating me, it's like a fantasy language to me. I'm gonna take a look in there.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@John Leagsdurg

Using Chrome's automatic translate facility I've just successfully registered there to contact him about something completely different.  It wasn't that difficult to register and then send him a pm.

And incidentally, perhaps others find English text irritating and like a fantasy language.  Why should there not be Indonesian text on an Indonesian web site aimed specifically at Indonesians who do not have English and so can't use other sites?

Jeserbiel

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Guys!
Have a Problem with this script, maybe you can help me, since I don't know much abaout scripts...

Since I use it, I only can use 3 characters in battle. When i delete the scripts, i can use 4 again.

Is there a line where i can change it or something?

onlyrpg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I met another problem , immortal state could not be used , the user still dying when immortal state was active
Next , the damage calculations could not involved "divides" , only + , - , * , allowed

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
You know you can multiply by 0., resulting the same as /

2*2 = 4

4*0.5 = 2

Time to take some basic math classes my friend.

Altimos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I seem to be having an issue utilizing TSBS.

I'm not in combat but switching between maps. So I'm not sure why I'm getting this specific error. I'm using Jester's Map Edge Transfer v2.1a (the main script, I'm not using the sliding script portion).

The thing is, I'm able to transfer to other maps no problem, it's only after so many transfers (always a random amount never an exact number) before the error appears and closes out my game.

TSBS Script Error.png

I looked at line 616, but I'm unable to figure why it's giving me this error outside of combat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just in case you want to see the map edge transfer script, it is located in the spoiler tags below.

#~ Map Edge Transfer (VX-Ace) v2.1a#~ author: Jester#~ special thanks: #~ diamondandplatinum3 for being an awesome guy. CHECK OUT HIS SCRIPTING VIDEOS!#~ helpful feedback: #~ PVGames, Chigoo#~ Version History:#~ 06.FEB.2013 -> 1.0 -> Initial Release#~ 08.FEB.2013 -> 1.1 -> Bugfixes, Syntax Overhaul, 8-dir compatibility#~ 18.FEB.2013 -> 2.0 -> More Customization and compatibility with Slide-Effect#~ 05.MAR.2013 -> 2.1 -> Compatibility improvement#~ 12.MAR.2013 -> 2.1a-> Minor optimizations#~ Features:#~ Automatic Map-Edge-Transfer system#~ More realistic looking transfer#~ This Script allows the player to automatically transfer to the next#~ map when hitting the edge of the current map, using in-game variables.#~ It also adds a small feature to make it look like the player actually#~ WALKS out of the current map into the new map instead of teleporting.#~ This Script is NOT PLUG'N'PLAY, but relatively easy to use. #~ Take a look at the Customization section.#~ If you still have problems, try out the recent Demo before asking for help!#~ Bugs:#~ (no known issues)#~ Conflicts:#~ Place this Script below any movement scripts, like 8-dir-movement#~ I am fine with Compatibility fix requests if you say "PLEEAASEEEE!!!"#~ Feel free to report any Bugs and Conflicts that are not listed above.#~ I am available for feedback at rmrk.net and rpgmakervxace.net.#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#$jimported ||= {} #<- DON'T TOUCH ME!!!$jimported[:jms_met] = 2.1 #<- DON'T TOUCH ME!!!module JMSC # Jester Mini-Script Customization module MET # Map Edge Transfer#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Customization~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ## Autotransfer Options: # In-Game Variables that define the Map-ID you will transfer to, when # hitting the Map Edge on the respective cardinal direction. # Setting them to 0 will disable transfer for the specific Edge: MapID_North_Variable = 21 #North MapID_East_Variable = 22 #East MapID_South_Variable = 23 #South MapID_West_Variable = 24 #West # In-Game Switch to temporarely disable Map Edge Transfer: Disable_AutoEdgeTransfer_Switch = 17 # The default Transfer-Effect for Map Edge Transfer: # 0 = Black # 1 = White # 2 = None Fade_Type = 0# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ## Compatibility Options: # Set to true, if you use Scripts like Pixel Movement: New_Move_Straight = false# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ## END OF CUSTOMIZATION!#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Main Script~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~## Don't edit anything below, unless you know what you are doing: end #module METend #module JMSC#==============================================================================# ** Game_Player#==============================================================================class Game_Player < Game_Character #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [Alias] initialize # * Adding 1 new variable #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GameCharacterBase_init initialize def initialize jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GameCharacterBase_init @jms_met_through = false end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [Alias] passable? # * If the new variable is on, everything will be passable! #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GameCharacterBase_passable? passable? def passable?(x, y, d) return true if @jms_met_through jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GameCharacterBase_passable?(x, y, d) end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [Alias] update # * Makes autotransfer possible #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GamePlayer_update update def update jms_met_autotransfer jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GamePlayer_update end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [Alias] move_by_input # * Makes passing through map edges possible #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GamePlayer_movebyinput move_by_input def move_by_input if jms_met_edgeblock? && jms_met_edgepassable? > 0 jms_met_executeedgepassing else jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GamePlayer_movebyinput end end#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~## Method-chain: Map Edge Passing# Relevant Methods:# jms_met_edgeblock? <- Player movement blocked by edge?# jms_met_edgepassable? <- Is the edge passable and which edge is it?# jms_met_executeedgepassing <- Actually pass through the edge# Useful methods# jms_met_corner? <- Which Corner is the Player in? (diagonal number)# jms_met_movethrough(d) <- Move through everything, even edges (dir4 only)#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~# #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_edgeblock? # * Return true if input will be blocked by a potentially passable edge #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_edgeblock? return false if $game_switches[JMSC::MET::Disable_AutoEdgeTransfer_Switch] return true if jms_met_edgex? == jms_met_dirconvx? return true if jms_met_edgey? == jms_met_dirconvy? return false end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_edgepassable? # * Return dir number if edge that blocks the Player is passable variable-wise #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_edgepassable? return 8 if jms_met_dirconvy? == 8 && jms_met_edgey? == 8 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_North_Variable] > 0 return 6 if jms_met_dirconvx? == 6 && jms_met_edgex? == 6 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_East_Variable] > 0 return 2 if jms_met_dirconvy? == 2 && jms_met_edgey? == 2 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_South_Variable] > 0 return 4 if jms_met_dirconvx? == 4 && jms_met_edgex? == 4 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_West_Variable] > 0 return 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_executeedgepassing # * Move the player through the edge #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_executeedgepassing d = jms_met_edgepassable? jms_met_movethrough(d) unless jms_met_edgepassable? == 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_movethrough(d) # * Forces the player to move_straight through everything in direction "d" #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_movethrough(d) return if !movable? || $game_map.interpreter.running? @jms_met_through = true jms_met_move_straight(d) if JMSC::MET::New_Move_Straight move_straight(d) if !JMSC::MET::New_Move_Straight @jms_met_through = false end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_dir8convx? # * Converts a dir8 input into a dir4 NUMBER (x axis) #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_dirconvx? return 4 if Input.dir8 == 7 || Input.dir8 == 1 || Input.dir4 == 4 #west return 6 if Input.dir8 == 9 || Input.dir8 == 3 || Input.dir4 == 6 #east end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_dir8convy? # * Converts a dir8 input into a dir4 NUMBER (y axis) #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_dirconvy? return 8 if Input.dir8 == 7 || Input.dir8 == 9 || Input.dir4 == 8 #north return 2 if Input.dir8 == 1 || Input.dir8 == 3 || Input.dir4 == 2 #south end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_corner? # * Return (diagonal) direction number if Player is on a map corner #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_corner? return 9 if jms_met_edgex? == 8 && jms_met_edgey? == 6 #north-east return 3 if jms_met_edgex? == 2 && jms_met_edgey? == 6 #south-east return 1 if jms_met_edgex? == 2 && jms_met_edgey? == 4 #south-west return 7 if jms_met_edgex? == 8 && jms_met_edgey? == 4 #north-west return 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_edgex? # * Return direction number if Player is on on a map edge (x axis) #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_edgex? return 4 if @real_x == 0 #west return 6 if @real_x + 1 == $game_map.width #east return 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_edgey? # * Return direction number if Player is on on a map edge (y axis) #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_edgey? return 8 if @real_y == 0 #north return 2 if @real_y + 1 == $game_map.height #south return 0 end#End of Method-Chain: Map Edge Passing#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~## Method-chain: Automatic Transfer# Relevant Methods:# jms_met_autotransfer <- Checks if Conditions for automatic transfer are met# Useful Methods:# jms_met_overedge? <- Return number if Player is directly behind an edge#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~# #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_autotransfer # * Go on with autotransfer, if player passed through an edge #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_autotransfer jms_met_transfer(8) if jms_met_overedge? == 8 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_North_Variable] > 0 jms_met_transfer(6) if jms_met_overedge? == 6 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_East_Variable] > 0 jms_met_transfer(2) if jms_met_overedge? == 2 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_South_Variable] > 0 jms_met_transfer(4) if jms_met_overedge? == 4 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_West_Variable] > 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_tranfer(d) # * Executing the automatic transfer to cardinal direction map "d" #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_transfer(d) $game_temp.fade_type = JMSC::MET::Fade_Type if d == 8 #north new_map = $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_North_Variable] load_map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.rvdata2", new_map)) new_x = @real_x new_y = load_map.height - 1 end if d == 6 #east new_x = 0 new_y = @real_y new_map = $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_East_Variable] end if d == 2 #south new_x = @real_x new_y = 0 new_map = $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_South_Variable] end if d == 4 #west new_map = $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_West_Variable] load_map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.rvdata2", new_map)) new_x = load_map.width - 1 new_y = @real_y end if $jimported[:jms_sef] != nil $game_temp.jms_met_sliding = true unless $game_switches[JMSC::SEF::Disable_Sliding_Switch] end reserve_transfer(new_map, new_x, new_y, d) end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_overedge? # * Return direction number if Player passed one of the map edges #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_overedge? return 8 if @real_y + 1 == 0 #north return 6 if $game_map.width == @real_x #east return 2 if $game_map.height == @real_y #south return 4 if @real_x + 1 == 0 #west return 0 end#End of Method-Chain: Automatic Transfer#Compatibility fix: Pixel Movement #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_move_straight # * Copy of move_straight #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_move_straight(d, turn_ok = true) @move_succeed = passable?(@x, @y, d) if @move_succeed set_direction(d) @x = $game_map.round_x_with_direction(@x, d) @y = $game_map.round_y_with_direction(@y, d) @real_x = $game_map.x_with_direction(@x, reverse_dir(d)) @real_y = $game_map.y_with_direction(@y, reverse_dir(d)) increase_steps elsif turn_ok set_direction(d) check_event_trigger_touch_front end end#End of Compatibility fix: Pixel Movementend #Game_Player# END OF SCRIPT 
Altimos

EzRemake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great script, love the flexibility!

I am however having a particular issue. When a character who can attack more than once kills one target, and then switches targets and also kills the second target, I get an "undefined "make_targets" for class nilClass" error which points me to line 6225 in the Implementation 1.4 script.

def use_item item = @subject.current_action.item @log_window.display_use_item(@subject, item) @subject.use_item(item) if $imported["YEA-LunaticObjects"] lunatic_object_effect:)before, item, @subject, @subject) end refresh_status targets = @subject.current_action.make_targets.compact show_action_sequences(targets, item, @subject) endAny ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

onlyrpg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I seem to be having an issue utilizing TSBS.

I'm not in combat but switching between maps. So I'm not sure why I'm getting this specific error. I'm using Jester's Map Edge Transfer v2.1a (the main script, I'm not using the sliding script portion).

The thing is, I'm able to transfer to other maps no problem, it's only after so many transfers (always a random amount never an exact number) before the error appears and closes out my game.

TSBS Script Error.png

I looked at line 616, but I'm unable to figure why it's giving me this error outside of combat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just in case you want to see the map edge transfer script, it is located in the spoiler tags below.

#~ Map Edge Transfer (VX-Ace) v2.1a#~ author: Jester#~ special thanks: #~ diamondandplatinum3 for being an awesome guy. CHECK OUT HIS SCRIPTING VIDEOS!#~ helpful feedback: #~ PVGames, Chigoo#~ Version History:#~ 06.FEB.2013 -> 1.0 -> Initial Release#~ 08.FEB.2013 -> 1.1 -> Bugfixes, Syntax Overhaul, 8-dir compatibility#~ 18.FEB.2013 -> 2.0 -> More Customization and compatibility with Slide-Effect#~ 05.MAR.2013 -> 2.1 -> Compatibility improvement#~ 12.MAR.2013 -> 2.1a-> Minor optimizations#~ Features:#~ Automatic Map-Edge-Transfer system#~ More realistic looking transfer#~ This Script allows the player to automatically transfer to the next#~ map when hitting the edge of the current map, using in-game variables.#~ It also adds a small feature to make it look like the player actually#~ WALKS out of the current map into the new map instead of teleporting.#~ This Script is NOT PLUG'N'PLAY, but relatively easy to use. #~ Take a look at the Customization section.#~ If you still have problems, try out the recent Demo before asking for help!#~ Bugs:#~ (no known issues)#~ Conflicts:#~ Place this Script below any movement scripts, like 8-dir-movement#~ I am fine with Compatibility fix requests if you say "PLEEAASEEEE!!!"#~ Feel free to report any Bugs and Conflicts that are not listed above.#~ I am available for feedback at rmrk.net and rpgmakervxace.net.#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#$jimported ||= {} #<- DON'T TOUCH ME!!!$jimported[:jms_met] = 2.1 #<- DON'T TOUCH ME!!!module JMSC # Jester Mini-Script Customization module MET # Map Edge Transfer#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Customization~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ## Autotransfer Options: # In-Game Variables that define the Map-ID you will transfer to, when # hitting the Map Edge on the respective cardinal direction. # Setting them to 0 will disable transfer for the specific Edge: MapID_North_Variable = 21 #North MapID_East_Variable = 22 #East MapID_South_Variable = 23 #South MapID_West_Variable = 24 #West # In-Game Switch to temporarely disable Map Edge Transfer: Disable_AutoEdgeTransfer_Switch = 17 # The default Transfer-Effect for Map Edge Transfer: # 0 = Black # 1 = White # 2 = None Fade_Type = 0# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ## Compatibility Options: # Set to true, if you use Scripts like Pixel Movement: New_Move_Straight = false# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ## END OF CUSTOMIZATION!#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Main Script~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~## Don't edit anything below, unless you know what you are doing: end #module METend #module JMSC#==============================================================================# ** Game_Player#==============================================================================class Game_Player < Game_Character #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [Alias] initialize # * Adding 1 new variable #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GameCharacterBase_init initialize def initialize jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GameCharacterBase_init @jms_met_through = false end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [Alias] passable? # * If the new variable is on, everything will be passable! #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GameCharacterBase_passable? passable? def passable?(x, y, d) return true if @jms_met_through jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GameCharacterBase_passable?(x, y, d) end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [Alias] update # * Makes autotransfer possible #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GamePlayer_update update def update jms_met_autotransfer jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GamePlayer_update end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [Alias] move_by_input # * Makes passing through map edges possible #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GamePlayer_movebyinput move_by_input def move_by_input if jms_met_edgeblock? && jms_met_edgepassable? > 0 jms_met_executeedgepassing else jms_MapEdgeTransfer_GamePlayer_movebyinput end end#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~## Method-chain: Map Edge Passing# Relevant Methods:# jms_met_edgeblock? <- Player movement blocked by edge?# jms_met_edgepassable? <- Is the edge passable and which edge is it?# jms_met_executeedgepassing <- Actually pass through the edge# Useful methods# jms_met_corner? <- Which Corner is the Player in? (diagonal number)# jms_met_movethrough(d) <- Move through everything, even edges (dir4 only)#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~# #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_edgeblock? # * Return true if input will be blocked by a potentially passable edge #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_edgeblock? return false if $game_switches[JMSC::MET::Disable_AutoEdgeTransfer_Switch] return true if jms_met_edgex? == jms_met_dirconvx? return true if jms_met_edgey? == jms_met_dirconvy? return false end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_edgepassable? # * Return dir number if edge that blocks the Player is passable variable-wise #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_edgepassable? return 8 if jms_met_dirconvy? == 8 && jms_met_edgey? == 8 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_North_Variable] > 0 return 6 if jms_met_dirconvx? == 6 && jms_met_edgex? == 6 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_East_Variable] > 0 return 2 if jms_met_dirconvy? == 2 && jms_met_edgey? == 2 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_South_Variable] > 0 return 4 if jms_met_dirconvx? == 4 && jms_met_edgex? == 4 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_West_Variable] > 0 return 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_executeedgepassing # * Move the player through the edge #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_executeedgepassing d = jms_met_edgepassable? jms_met_movethrough(d) unless jms_met_edgepassable? == 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_movethrough(d) # * Forces the player to move_straight through everything in direction "d" #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_movethrough(d) return if !movable? || $game_map.interpreter.running? @jms_met_through = true jms_met_move_straight(d) if JMSC::MET::New_Move_Straight move_straight(d) if !JMSC::MET::New_Move_Straight @jms_met_through = false end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_dir8convx? # * Converts a dir8 input into a dir4 NUMBER (x axis) #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_dirconvx? return 4 if Input.dir8 == 7 || Input.dir8 == 1 || Input.dir4 == 4 #west return 6 if Input.dir8 == 9 || Input.dir8 == 3 || Input.dir4 == 6 #east end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_dir8convy? # * Converts a dir8 input into a dir4 NUMBER (y axis) #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_dirconvy? return 8 if Input.dir8 == 7 || Input.dir8 == 9 || Input.dir4 == 8 #north return 2 if Input.dir8 == 1 || Input.dir8 == 3 || Input.dir4 == 2 #south end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_corner? # * Return (diagonal) direction number if Player is on a map corner #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_corner? return 9 if jms_met_edgex? == 8 && jms_met_edgey? == 6 #north-east return 3 if jms_met_edgex? == 2 && jms_met_edgey? == 6 #south-east return 1 if jms_met_edgex? == 2 && jms_met_edgey? == 4 #south-west return 7 if jms_met_edgex? == 8 && jms_met_edgey? == 4 #north-west return 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_edgex? # * Return direction number if Player is on on a map edge (x axis) #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_edgex? return 4 if @real_x == 0 #west return 6 if @real_x + 1 == $game_map.width #east return 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_edgey? # * Return direction number if Player is on on a map edge (y axis) #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_edgey? return 8 if @real_y == 0 #north return 2 if @real_y + 1 == $game_map.height #south return 0 end#End of Method-Chain: Map Edge Passing#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~## Method-chain: Automatic Transfer# Relevant Methods:# jms_met_autotransfer <- Checks if Conditions for automatic transfer are met# Useful Methods:# jms_met_overedge? <- Return number if Player is directly behind an edge#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~# #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_autotransfer # * Go on with autotransfer, if player passed through an edge #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_autotransfer jms_met_transfer(8) if jms_met_overedge? == 8 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_North_Variable] > 0 jms_met_transfer(6) if jms_met_overedge? == 6 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_East_Variable] > 0 jms_met_transfer(2) if jms_met_overedge? == 2 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_South_Variable] > 0 jms_met_transfer(4) if jms_met_overedge? == 4 && $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_West_Variable] > 0 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_tranfer(d) # * Executing the automatic transfer to cardinal direction map "d" #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_transfer(d) $game_temp.fade_type = JMSC::MET::Fade_Type if d == 8 #north new_map = $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_North_Variable] load_map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.rvdata2", new_map)) new_x = @real_x new_y = load_map.height - 1 end if d == 6 #east new_x = 0 new_y = @real_y new_map = $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_East_Variable] end if d == 2 #south new_x = @real_x new_y = 0 new_map = $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_South_Variable] end if d == 4 #west new_map = $game_variables[JMSC::MET::MapID_West_Variable] load_map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.rvdata2", new_map)) new_x = load_map.width - 1 new_y = @real_y end if $jimported[:jms_sef] != nil $game_temp.jms_met_sliding = true unless $game_switches[JMSC::SEF::Disable_Sliding_Switch] end reserve_transfer(new_map, new_x, new_y, d) end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_overedge? # * Return direction number if Player passed one of the map edges #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_overedge? return 8 if @real_y + 1 == 0 #north return 6 if $game_map.width == @real_x #east return 2 if $game_map.height == @real_y #south return 4 if @real_x + 1 == 0 #west return 0 end#End of Method-Chain: Automatic Transfer#Compatibility fix: Pixel Movement #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * [New Method] jms_met_move_straight # * Copy of move_straight #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def jms_met_move_straight(d, turn_ok = true) @move_succeed = passable?(@x, @y, d) if @move_succeed set_direction(d) @x = $game_map.round_x_with_direction(@x, d) @y = $game_map.round_y_with_direction(@y, d) @real_x = $game_map.x_with_direction(@x, reverse_dir(d)) @real_y = $game_map.y_with_direction(@y, reverse_dir(d)) increase_steps elsif turn_ok set_direction(d) check_event_trigger_touch_front end end#End of Compatibility fix: Pixel Movementend #Game_Player# END OF SCRIPT 
Altimos
Are you using The Ring Menu script , becuz i got a same error on this

If you're using the "Ring Menu" , don't use it , it doesn't even work on a project

without TSBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?
You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raidexter