Theolized Sideview Battle System (In Game Editor + Version 2 Coming Soon)

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Use TSBS::AnimLoop instead

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey boss, wondering if you have made some kind of condition where you will allow an animation (in the database) to fully play before moving to the next action as a thing. If you have, do you know how I can be able to do that?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey boss, wondering if you have made some kind of condition where you will allow an animation (in the database) to fully play before moving to the next action as a thing. If you have, do you know how I can be able to do that?
Can you just time it yourself? Like if you have 10 frames of animation, you use 30 frames wait, or 40, depends on the frame rate you use.

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Agh! I keep forgetting to check back! XD

I mean, I suppose I could. I mostly asked cause I wanted to keep spells a universal thing for some shtuff I have planned, but oh well. I'll just go with what you suggested. :p

Darkness Void

Founder Of The Trixie Empire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could someone tell me how to begin scripting a new character to use a sword? I can copy Eric's entire script but I want to give this character his own sword abilities.

But I can't get the Sword Icon to appear without Eric's script. Where do I begin with this Sword Icon?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Showing icon is, complicated. And the more I see it, the more I personally don't like how I handled it.
Ultimately, I just attached the weapon icon to the character sprite and even I removed it in version 2 (will consider putting it back, with easier configuration).

That said, I did write a wiki about it

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, I have never realized I needed that now more than ever, great stuff boss! ^_^

Sato1999

Yangfly Master(Previously)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey my dude I use this system since 2016 and always making more and more skills for a bunch of scrapped/never released/and currently wip games.
I am just wondering, is stuff going to change drastically in 2.0? If there's any function you plan to remove/rework/rename, would there be many? Just wondering since this is the most flexible battle system available and my personal favorite both for Holder Styled sheets and the Chibi Kaduki ones(which I recently went back to for my newest project lol)

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am just wondering, is stuff going to change drastically in 2.0? If there's any function you plan to remove/rework/rename, would there be many?
There will be several changes, yes. For example, I'm going to rename the command to show :projectile with :missile because now you're allowed to create path/custom movement for the projectile. And because the code to handle the projectile is a huge mess so that I dropped the entire code and rebuild it from scratch. However, it means by doing so there will be no backport compatibility (which sucks, I know). But no need to worry, I do plan to add backport compatibility as a separate addon so some legacy functions/code that I removed will be usable again. I just don't want them to be in v2.0 base code.

Sato1999

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see, and fair enough.

Sato1999

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh yeah you wrote there on the removal part you are removing the call common events. Can i ask you to keep it please? I know one can call the common event using the actual skill command for this, but some scripts (MOG's atb) simply freaks out and sometimes decides to simply not call the common event at all sometimes.
So I used your command that forces the Common Event as a workaround.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Few people requested it already :D
At least I know it's actually used and no weird behavior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"
Stream is a bit late but will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
omg, why persona 5 is so good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryp2o