Theolized Sideview Battle System (Now with EDITOR!)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by TheoAllen, Jun 30, 2014.

1. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That is the question I'm not required to answer.

You could try to learn yourself how to sprite, or try to ask people to create for you.

Come back again if you have question regarding the script itself

2. DonutHobo3

DonutHobo3 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I know how to sprite i might have worded it wrong.

I mean where would i find the files to edit, and then any complications with doing so.

sorry i worded it wrong ;)

3. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You can just edit mine. No need to feel bad, I also edited it from someone else. I didn't create it from scratch

Isn't that in Graphics > Battlers?

4. DonutHobo3

DonutHobo3 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    oh yeah...............................................

*dumbness intensifies*

5. tesaigo

tesaigo Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hey, sorry if it has already been asked, but there is 21 pages and I didn't read them all :B

I wish to know if there is a way to tie the attack sequence of an actor to the weapon he is using, so the player would be able to choose which type of weapon he wants to use, being able to choose between staffs, swords, bows, and all the other types of weapons in the game. Could you (or someone else) provide me some help with this?

Thanks in advice!

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to do it. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
    TheoAllen likes this.
  6. NeonBlade47

NeonBlade47 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    First off I would just like to say that I am loving this script so far, and everything else has been working beautifully, but there is a problem that I am running into and I cant find anybody else having this problem on this or the rmvxa board. 

In battles, consumable items like potions don't work. The actor goes through the item use poses, the animation happens, the hit count appears, but their HP doesn't refill. Is there something I'm missing? Because this doesn't happen normally or on theo's example.

7. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi, I'm very sorry for late reply

If hit counts appear, then the item had been applied.

There's a chance that you may miss config your item so it won't refill the HP

There're two possibilities. Either you miss config it, or there's an incompatibility (which is unlikely)

To investigate, try to disable my battle system and see if you could make the item works

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  8. Kyonko802

Kyonko802 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay, I'm a complete newbie with scripting so I'm just gonna go ahead and ask. This time I swear it's an actual problem I'm having and not something stupid I overlooked.

For a certain attack sequence I want the enemy to move in, then I want both the enemy and his target to disappear, and then I want an animation to play, then they will both reappear and the enemy will move back to position. I know [:visible, false], takes care of the user of the attack disappearing, but I can't figure out how to get the target player character to disappear while the enemy is attacking.

Edit: I think the [:if] function included with the script can help me out here. Until I get a reply I'll continue to attempt tackling the problem on my own. Will report back if I finish before getting help.

Double Edit: Okay, this took me a few hours to figure out, but thanks to the flexibility of TheoAllen's excellent script I was able to piece together a method that works and gives me what I need. If anyone wants to ever do the same I'll cover the method I used here.

So here's what I did. I created a common event with a switch called "pinattack", then I hooked it under a conditional branch that would alternate it on and off every time it's called.

Then I went into the script and modified the K_Hurt animation using the [:if] function:

modscript1.png

What this ensured is that if the pinattack switch is turned on, then the pose that sets is a blank square(making the battler invisible), for the duration of 11 seconds.(Long length to make sure it works.)

If the pinattack switch is off, which it will be with every other attack but this specified attack, then the normal K-Hurt animation is played.

Next, I went and modified the Orc's Pin attack:

modscript2.png

At the beginning of the attack sequence the common event that turns the switch on is called, to ensure that the target disappears when [:target_damage] is applied. Afterwards the attack plays out as normal and the attacker's visibility is set to false to make them both invisible. The [:wait] command here, like the long frame rate hold of the last chunk of script, is simply test filler.

After the attack is played out the common event is called once more to turn the switch off, ensuring that no one disappears when normal attacks happen, and the battle resumes.

The animation is a bit janky, so I'll probably add the first two commands of the Orc's attack to a prep slot and use them as a preparation sequence with a small animation. should smooth it out a bit, but that's the core of what I needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2016
  9. Punisher699

Punisher699 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hello Theolized ,

What I want to do , it's to replicate the scene battle (ex: scene_battle2) 

I want to create a duel battle scene(1vs1) , and changing some windows and battle commands . Anyway all what I need is to open an another scene battle page and modify what I want on it , but when I created it , it didn't work at all , any advice ?

Here's what I did .

I created Scene_Battle2 , below scene_battle.

I did an event with a script call (like this)

"troop_id = 2
    BattleManager.setup(troop_id)
    SceneManager.call(Scene_Battle2)"

the transition works but I got this error

"Script - Implementation v1.4 line 889:NoMethodError occurred
    undefined method`get_status_window` for
    #<Scene_Battle2: etc ...."

But this one is when I did an exact copy of the original scene_battle script .

Any Idea to replicate the scene battle ?

Thank you ! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
  10. Jakoo56

Jakoo56 Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Here's a bug im wierded out by how much no one mentioned it.

here's what i have:

"Jack_Attack" => [
    [false, false, nil],
    [:if, "$game_actors[20].level >= 1",
    [
    [:action, "Jack_Attack_Seq"],
    ],
    ],
    [:if, "$game_actors[20].level >= 8",
    [
    [:if, "target.state?(1)", [:change_target, 7]],
    [:action, "Jack_Attack_Seq"],
    #[:change_target, 7]
    ],
    ],

The problem here is the [:change_target, 7]

It works as intended (meaning when the target is dead, switch to another one and do the attack.) up until the last target.

here, they say an image is worth a 1000 words. or 2 gifs in this case...

[​IMG]

Working since there are still enemies to target.

[​IMG]

Crash :(

[​IMG]

Still image of the error.

I looked so far to find a fix. i even went to the 2nd page of google!

seriously tho, looking at the script, there are no checks to see if there are targets remaining. i'm not good enough to add one.

11. Jaymonius

Jaymonius Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the help you've provided, I've been able to make some solid animations thanks to this script. Here's some more progress on what I made so far. :D

Mimironi likes this.
  12. don'taskme

don'taskme Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I need some help. When I try to use a skill, this error just popped. I'm a bit sure that the cause is either the YEA - Battle Engine or the add-on itself.

Capture.PNG

13. Blackpapalink

Blackpapalink Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello folks, I was wondering if it would be possible to base a Character's attack on the amount of MP they have left. For example, I have a mage whose default attack is a magic ball, but if her MP reaches less than 20, she will instead run up to the enemy and hit them with her staff. I tried making duplicates of her weapon and assigning her magic attack to one and her physical attack to the other and using common events during battle to force change between them, however this causes the ATB gauge from Fomar's ATB. 

14. Jakoo56

Jakoo56 Villager Member

First Language:
    French

[:if, "20 <= $game_actors[ACTOR ID].mp / $game_actors[ACTOR ID].mmp * 100 ",

[ #open

#INSERT LOW MANA ACTION HERE

],#end open

[ #else

#INSERT HIGH MANA ACTION HERE

],#end else

],#:if

Change the 20 for any percentage you want and change ACTOR ID to the actor id that you want to use. Insert this in the attack sequence of your character. This wasn't tested so let me know if there's a bug.

15. Blackpapalink

First Language:
    English
    The animations are working nicely, is there any way to make the High Mana Action Cost MP while the Low Mana Action cost no MP? I greatly appreciate the help you have provided so far.

16. Jakoo56

Jakoo56 Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    [:script, " $game_actors[ACTOR ID].mp = $game_actors[ACTOR ID].mp - X"],

change X for value. put that in the high mana action.

17. Blackpapalink

First Language:
    English
    It works perfectly, thank you very much for the assistance.

18. Kaimi

Kaimi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I'm coding some battle sequences (just barely started actually) and am having problems, or more like, "things I don't quite understand how they happen":

The first skill is "Heat Drive":

Code:

"HEATDRIVE" => [
      [false, true,false],
      [:visible, true],
      [:pose, 4, 3, 0],
      [:icon, "HeatDrv"],
      [:move_to_target, 96, 0, 20, 0],
      [:wait, 20],
      [:anim_top],
      [:show_anim, 113, false],
      [:move_to_target, -128, 0, 20, 0],
      [:target_damage],
      [:icon, "Clear"],
      [:target_reset, 5, 0],
      ]
    with the icon being

"HeatDrv" => [0, 0, 0, true, 0, 45, 30, -1],

I want the character to appear some distance in front of the enemy while having a pose (a single frame), draw a spear and turn it in horizontal line pointing at the enemy (it's nearly horizontal which is dine for now), and then charge through the enemy while an animation of a fiery thrust plays. It all works pretty nice except the user disappears during the animation.

The second skill is "Spinning Top", AoE attack:

"SPINNINGTOP" => [
    [],
    [:move_to_target, 0, 0, 20, 1],
    [:icon, "SpinTop"],
    [:wait, 20],
    [:flip, true],
    [:wait, 8],
    [:cast, 112, false],
    [:flip, false],
    [:flip, true],
    [:flip, false],
    [:target_damage],
    [:icon, "Clear"],
    [:target_reset, 5, 0],
    ],

with "SpinTop" icon being:

"SpinTop" => [0, 0, 0, true, 0, 255, 30, -1],

I want the character to stand in somewhat a center of the enemy group, impale their spear into the ground, then spin horizontally around the spear while an animation plays and the ability damages the opponents. The way it's coded now is some wobbly horizontal spear, a character who flips a few times, and an animation plays and damage is dealt. I am utterly confused of how angles turn in RMVXAce so that's one thing, but another is how do I make a character frame horizontal and make it spin (by flipping since it's 2D and spinning would be very hard to do).

Any help is very appreciated.

19. Tallon

Tallon Villager Member

First Language:
    Brazillian
    Folks,
    is there any way to make the target perform an action?

Like [:action, id] but for the enemy?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  20. kaarnij

kaarnij Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi great script.. I'm abit of newbie but just wondering how i would go about implementing 

"Kai Monkey's Character Creation with Races (Version 1.1!)" script with yours as i have a choice of 11 characters at the start of the game, any ideas?