Theo's Musical Pieces

Discussion in 'General Resources' started by TheoAllen, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Introduction :
    Long, long time ago, I was a music composer. I created lots of musical pieces until I hit my head on the wall, and now I'm more into scripting than creating music. Figured that some of my musical pieces might never find their place, why not share some for fellow developers?

Since my musical pieces are scattered up, I need my time to select some of pieces that worth to share and not. So, the music I'm sharing here might not necessarily a new piece or created at the same timeline. Do note that, some pieces might only available in MIDI format which, u need to convert them to be usable in MV. Anyway, let's get going .....

The Pieces :

AMA Battle Theme: MID | MP3 (not loop)
    AMA stands for Alumnea Magic Academy. The music was planned for one of my early attempt to make a game. Where the concept is building an academy. My dream was to make it a slightly open where you can customize your party. Then I realized that the concept was too big for me to do. Now this pieces had been sitting in my stash for quite long time.

Blowing Wind: MID
    A JRPG Like town theme. Nothing much I can say about this. Though it somewhat good, I feel like it missing of something.

Battle Network: MID | MP3 (not loopable)
    A synth theme music. I'm not really sure where this gonna suitable for. Maybe some kind of cyberpunk theme? The mp3 version is not built for loop, so you might want to edit it yourself.

Call to Flight: MID | OGG
    Originally named "Sky is Calling'. One of my fave music I created myself. If you have some top down shoot them up type of game, this might suit best with your theme. (edit: I guess it should be "call 'for' flight", eh)

Nebula Cloud: MID | OGG | OGG (drumless)
    Originally named "Star Fortress", but I figured out that it's less epic than its name. And since it's an ambient type music, nebula was one that came up in my mind.

The Secret of Erantopia: MID | OGG
    Erantopia was a name for a place where I used to play RP with my friends. It was the place where a creature like in lovecraftian horror lives. I came up with this kind of musical pieces while playing RP with my friend. Yet, I don't think if I would ever use it in my project anyway. Some of you might find a better place for this piece

The Astral Plane: MID | OGG (it also as a title of my current project)
    I never really have a suitable name for this piece. Original name was "Crystalite", but since I'm gonna use this somewhere in my project, I guess this name suit one better

Pursuit: MID | OGG
    Originally named "Shambling Nature" because of someone's suggestion. If you try to play this BGM while Quake BGS played in the background, it really suits well imo. The midi version is slightly different because I use a looping sample for the ogg one.

Town Melody: MID | OGG
    One of the oldest track in my stash. Made when I was learning of making music. Although in this version, I rearranged the original melody to put some harmony there so it's not as horrible as the original one. The title might not fancy, but I want to keep my original name for nostalgia purpose

Anima Celeste: MID | OGG
    It used to be a titlescreen theme of my collaborative works with my friend few years ago until we both got busy and eventually separated and the project is forgotten. Not much I can say about this, but maybe suits well for a game with fantasy setting?

Guardian of Alma Tree : MID | MP3 | MID (original ver)
    Alma tree, in my lore concept, is some kind of tree of life. But it's not a necessary a center of the world like Yggdrassil, but more like just a giant tree lives in a center of a huge forest with strong life force aura.

This music originally composed by my big bro (whose name is, Osucarus, nickname) then rearranged by me. See the original version, but sadly, it's only available in midi version. The mp3 version is also not loopable, so please work on your own to make it loopable. Otherwise, try to convert the midi into ogg using whatever converter that available if you're using MV

Bring Back Memories: MID | MP3
    This music made its debut at RMN Music Challenge 2012. Under the name, Theodoric - Bring Back Memories (challenge phase 2). It shame that I only have one vote in the end, but better than nothing I guess. Still it was one of the best pieces I made during the limited time, and I'm proud of it. Now, it DOES really bring back my memories during those year ;_;

Fresh Binding: MID | OGG
    Originally for my friend's platformer project, but apparently discontinued for various reasons. The theme suit best for dungeon exploration, and the ogg ver is already loopable for ready to use.

Missing Pieces: MID | OGG (already loopable in RM)
    I won't say it's a released old music, but it's not a new one either. I'd say, it's rearranged from some of my old tunes, and I just finished it yesterday. It's quite rare I'd come up with such classical-esque type of music, so I'm proud of this :D some of the tunes taken from "Slavic Lands - Old Stone Ruins'

Feel the Breeze: OGG | OGG (drumless)
    This is one of the best town BGM I've ever composed. At first I was kinda hesitant to put this as public resources as I wanted this to appear in the game I wanted to appear. But there's no any of them. After long thought, I think it won't hurt much to put this as public resources. Although, this is the only song I don't wish to share the raw MIDI file.

That's all for now. I might share more pieces in future .... ;)

Terms of Use :

What you're allowed to?
    • Use it for your project as you like. Even in un-encrypted project
    • Edit it to suits your needs. I provide the raw MIDI after all.
    What you're encouraged to?
    • Credit me as "TheoAllen" if you use one of my works.
    • I'd love to hear a remixed version of my works if you make one :p
    What you're NOT allowed to?
    • Monetizing my works in any way. That means NO for commercial, and DON'T use it in any event that give you a reward such as IGMC.
    • Reupload my works to redistribute such as putting it in your website (edited / remixed version is fine as long as you retain the credit).
    Notes :
    Some of you might found my works long time ago somewhere (since I did share them). But most of them were linked to my dropbox account. Links were broken since dropbox decided to change how the file sharing works. And I ain't have plan to fix them. This is an opportunity for me to re-select which pieces I want to share since some of them are terrible.

If you already have it, good, keep it yourself. You may still use for your own project, but don't share until I do it myself. If you already use it for commercial project, don't worry, I don't mind it. You already got what you wanted.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Schade, luzi, adoren and 6 others like this.
  2. EpicFILE

EpicFILE Epic Member Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's some lovely music. :D
    The composition is balanced and I can feel the atmosphere of each tracks.
    Although you said Call to Flight was your favorite, my favorite is The Secret of Erantopia.

I can't play the midi ones by the way (the first 2 tracks).
    Is it broken or I'm just don't know how to play it? :|

3. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @EpicFILE Most of modern software afaik aren't supporting midi anymore since it's kinda obsolete (which is sad, because I still like midi). I'm not sure which player that would play midi, but I'm still using RMVXA to listen midi :p

There's a reason why I liked that one instead of The Secret of Erantopia. It suits well with the theme since and also somewhat applicable, while Erantopia, idk where I'm gonna put. Still good to listen though .Anyway, I found a mp3 version of that AMA Battle Theme (the equalizer is kinda suck and I lost the raw file, so please bear with it). If you like Erantopia, u might like this as well

4. EpicFILE

EpicFILE Epic Member Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, I think AMA Battle becomes my new favorite. :D
    It's very fitting for a regular battle theme IMO.
    I can feel the urgency. But it also have a sense of exploration and adventure.

TheoAllen likes this.
  5. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Another piece is up!

The Astral Plane : MID | OGG (it also as a title of my current project)
    I never really have a suitable name for this piece. Original name was "Crystalite", but since I'm gonna use this somewhere in my project, I guess this name suit one better

6. A-Moonless-Night

A-Moonless-Night WINTER IS COMING Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    These are great, thank you! I really like The Astral Plane and Nebula Cloud.

7. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey yo, thank you! I didn't expect someone gonna like atmospheric type like Nebula Cloud :D

8. Dama_de_la_Luna

Dama_de_la_Luna Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Wow! They're awesome. I don't really know how to describe music in general, but I liked them all, specially:
    AMA Battle Theme, really epic and blood pumping,
    The Astral Plane, it gives me the feeling of a mystical place, and
    Call to Flight, it's relaxing and energetic a the same time, I don't know how to say it.

Thank you for sharing your art.

TheoAllen likes this.
  9. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you! I like the sound "relaxing and energetic" lol.

10. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Some pieces are up!

Pursuit : MID | OGG
    Originally named "Shambling Nature" because of someone's suggestion. If you try to play this BGM while Quake BGS played in the background, it really suits well imo. The midi version is slightly different because I use a looping sample for the ogg one.

Town Melody : MID | OGG
    One of the oldest track in my stash. Made when I was learning of making music. Although in this version, I rearranged the original melody to put some harmony there so it's not as horrible as the original one. The title might not fancy, but I want to keep my original name for nostalgia purpose.
    I can send u the original version, but don't regret, cz it's really horrible

11. Dama_de_la_Luna

Dama_de_la_Luna Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I liked Pursuit, especially from 00:30 until the end. It gives me the feeling of the moments before entering the bad guy's castle, or before a final battle. Pretty cool.

TheoAllen likes this.
  12. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Two 'new' pieces are up!

Anima Celeste : MID | OGG
    It used to be a titlescreen theme of my collaborative works with my friend few years ago until we both got busy and eventually separated and the project is forgotten. Not much I can say about this, but maybe suits well for a game with fantasy setting?

Guardian of Alma Tree : MID | MP3 | MID (original ver)
    Alma tree, in my lore concept, is some kind of tree of life. But it's not a necessary a center of the world like Yggdrassil, but more like just a giant tree lives in a center of a huge forest with strong life force aura.

This music originally composed by my big bro (whose name is, Osucarus, nickname) then rearranged by me. See the original version, but sadly, it's only available in midi version. The mp3 version is also not loopable, so please work on your own to make it loopable. Otherwise, try to convert the midi into ogg using whatever converter that available if you're using MV

13. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I almost forgot about this one

Bring Back Memories : MID | MP3
    This music made its debut at RMN Music Challenge 2012. Under the name, Theodoric - Bring Back Memories (challenge phase 2). It shame that I only have one vote in the end, but better than nothing I guess. Still it was one of the best pieces I made during the limited time, and I'm proud of it. Now, it DOES really bring back my memories during those year ;_;

14. Thomas Smith

Thomas Smith Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I like it, it sounds good!

TheoAllen likes this.
  15. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Lemme add a new one :D

Fresh Binding: MID | OGG
    Originally for my friend's platformer project, but apparently discontinued for various reasons. The theme suit best for dungeon exploration, and the ogg ver is already loopable for ready to use.

Thomas Smith likes this.
  16. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Adding new one :D

Missing Pieces: MID | OGG (already loopable in RM)
    I won't say it's a released old music, but it's not a new one either. I'd say, it's rearranged from some of my old tunes, and I just finished it yesterday. It's quite rare I'd come up with such classical-esque type of music, so I'm proud of this :D some of the tunes taken from "Slavic Lands - Old Stone Ruins'

Finnuval, luzi and Thomas Smith like this.
  17. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh wow. I just found another great piece of music to get inspired by. Missing pieces has something really intriguing going on. Very melancholic. Nice work!

TheoAllen likes this.
  18. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey thanks! This thread is a bit messy, so please bear with it :D

Finnuval likes this.
  19. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha my brain's a bit messy to so that works fine for me lol

20. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Deliberately not replying this bcz I have one more song to publish

Feel the Breeze: OGG | OGG (drumless)
    This is one of the best town BGM I've ever composed. At first I was kinda hesitant to put this as public resources as I want this to appear in the game I want to appear. But there's no any of them. After long thought, I think it won't hurt much to put this as public resources. Although, this is the only song I don't wish to share the raw MIDI file.

Finnuval likes this.