calunio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
therapistrmnheader.gif
CONTENT WARNING: This game is intended for mature audiences. It presents discussions and depictions of mental illness, suicide, licit drug abuse, sex and sexual violence. The topic of rape is addressed through numerous elements of the game, which include brief visual presentations. While there's a big chance you might not even come across the stronger scenes of the game depending on how you play, be warned that they exist. If you are triggered by any of these topics, you should avoid playing this game.
SYNOPSIS
THERAPIST: Mind Manager is a visual novel with simulation elements set on modern times, following the life of an ordinary man working as a psychotherapist. The game was created using RPG Maker MV.

GENRE: Adventure/Simulation/Visual Novel

FLAVOR: Modern/Retro

You play by selecting the actions your character takes during each of the 28 days of the game. Your main stats are MOOD, ANXIETY, STAMINA and MONEY. Every action and event affect some or all of those stats. If MOOD or STAMINA are low or ANXIETY is high, there are certain actions your character will not perform. If your stats reach critical levels, the effects are more tragic. Actions also consume time, so choosing how to best spend your time is part of the game’s strategy. Your main goal in the game is to remain sane and balanced throughout the story.

Working as a therapist, you also need to keep your patients sane and balanced. Conducting a therapy session requires multiple skills: maintaining your posture, validating your patient through dialog choices, choosing appropriate intervention approaches and performing skill tests. Session scoring affects feedback from your patients and the game ending.

therapistcastofpatients.png

The only gameover condition in the game is skipping a session, which gets you fired. The game difficulty increases gradually as keeping balanced daily habits become ever more challenging. The game autosaves at the end of each day, but you can’t save manually.

The story plot focuses on the existential downward spiral of the main character, his relationship with multiple NPCs, and the moral and ethical challenges posed by one of your patients: an admitted sexual offender.

The player will also dwell on the world of Psychology, learning how to understand and deal with the psychological issues of his clients, improving your knowledge on specialized topics such as Cognitive Therapy and Positive Psychology, exchanging case information with colleagues and supervisors, and seeing the world through the lenses of someone with a unique grasp of human behavior.

There are three endings in the game.

MEDIA
TRAILER:
screenforwood.png
gjss3.png
vnss5.png

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just giving this thread a bump now that it's been approved, since it spent a long time sitting in our mod queue.

Looks like a very unique and high-quality game for anyone who's OK with its strong content! Congrats.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohzaru