Gianmher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before the trip to the Lunar Base, if you choose you are not ready with Mirasa, you will be doomed with a permanent blackscreen.
Without Mirasa....I don't know if this bug will still be there

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
We keep them coming: When I try to enter Tayra using the latest build, the game freezes (as if the initial cutscene tries to play out again, but can't). I don't know, though, if once again only players like me are affected who completed everything there using an older build and then upgraded the build. Is there more side content available later in Tayra? In that case, a fix would be very much appreciated. There's no rush, I still haven't even visited the Island Mine yet.

Edit:

While roaming through Deleron's Research Facility, I get the following error message every now and then, which forces me to close the game: >>>TypeError Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined<<< This happens pretty randomly. Maybe the game can't load a certain enemy or combination of enemies?

In this regard: Successfully using any steal-related skill on a party member causes a >>>TypeError Cannot read property 'length' of undefined<<<, forcing the player to shut down the game and reload a previous save. Thus, it would be better that party members can't be chosen as targets for steal-related skills (Pickpocket, Steal, Mug).

Last edited:

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For whatever reason, my alerts didn't ping me to any updates and I was working on completely frivolous content additions.
I'll get right on these.

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Before the trip to the Lunar Base, if you choose you are not ready with Mirasa, you will be doomed with a permanent blackscreen.
Without Mirasa....I don't know if this bug will still be there
Wouldn't have mattered, there was a sequence change where originally you were forced to go to the Lunar Prison, and then could return, but I changed my mind and never updated the sequence to undo the fadeout. It's fixed now.

We keep them coming: When I try to enter Tayra using the latest build, the game freezes (as if the initial cutscene tries to play out again, but can't). I don't know, though, if once again only players like me are affected who completed everything there using an older build and then upgraded the build. Is there more side content available later in Tayra? In that case, a fix would be very much appreciated. There's no rush, I still haven't even visited the Island Mine yet.

Edit:

While roaming through Deleron's Research Facility, I get the following error message every now and then, which forces me to close the game: >>>TypeError Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined<<< This happens pretty randomly. Maybe the game can't load a certain enemy or combination of enemies?

In this regard: Successfully using any steal-related skill on a party member causes a >>>TypeError Cannot read property 'length' of undefined<<<, forcing the player to shut down the game and reload a previous save. Thus, it would be better that party members can't be chosen as targets for steal-related skills (Pickpocket, Steal, Mug).
Unfortunately for your Tayra bug, I believe that's your save specific. However there is no additional content in Tayra at this time (likely ever).

I've encountered the Prototype issue, and for whatever reason I think it's the random encounter engine drawing 0 enemies for a fight. It's not supposed to do that, but I guess it is possible. I expanded the variance so it's less likely to occur. (Also means that you are more likely to encounter 2 or more foes at a time in that dungeon).

Stealing required a patch to Yanfly's selection control. When the universal flag is set to allow all skills to target friends or foes, there's no way to say "Just target enemies" (from what I could see). I updated it with a short line of code to allow skills to ONLY target enemies to avoid this crash. This shouldn't affect anything else at all, but knowing my coding, it will.

Now onto the content I was muttering about:

I've added unique weapon graphics to every weapon.
So, I spent a lot of time today making things a bit more visually interesting.
-a few wand weapons also had their formula's revamped.
-hammers deal more damage against armored foes.

You'll find the updates below, you should be able to extra it in your game folder and everything will overwrite as required. If you run into any problems, or it doesn't work, let me know. This one update has more folders included until the main game is updated again.

Attachments

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks for the update, I haven't encountered any additional problems so far that would require immediate fixing - except for one maybe. I just found/reached Phoenix Point, but I can't do anything on this island (can't enter the building). Is this an incomplete side quest or do I need to trigger something first? I'm asking this now because I don't know how long I will need for my last overworld sweep before entering the Ancient Tower (point of no return).

Also, the spoiler-free walkthrough says:

The merchant, opened up through Tanren's quest line, is the only way to get additional copies of many end game accessories. You should probably save scum him to keep the costs down. I won't tell anyone.

Absolutely bonkers powerful weapons are available, at the very end of the game. A Vasteel weapon, with an ore forged weapon, will unlock the Vasteel weapon's final form. This is very expensive.

If these things can be done/found before venturing into the Ancient Tower, I have yet to find them.

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Phoenix Point is/was an unfinished alternative ending. Inside are some level 97+ monsters and an ultra-hard version of the final boss. However none of the eventing, script writing, or other fine details exist at this point.

The guide is slightly misleading in that you can return from the Ancient Tower. However several side-quests will get locked. Most players, I suspect, will simply stock up and then make one final push to the end.

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks for this fantastic game, I just completed my playthrough. Story and its execution, dialogue, scope, exploration incentives, dungeon design, battle system, Final Fantasy IV references: Therassia is top-notch in every respect and much better than most of the (commerical) RPG Maker JRPGs I've played so far. If it's just about RPG Maker MV JRPGs, Therassia is easily the best among them.

The ultimate weapons are really easy to miss, but I got them all in the end.

While the following list of remaining bugs (beginning with the game-breaking ones) might seem intimidating and disappointing, I can't stress enough that most of the issues are minor and don't harm the player's enjoyment. When a single developer makes a game of this length, this amount of bugs is within expectations. Fixing them is just part of the final polish. Let's get started (potential bugs and improvement suggestions):

The Lavastrider - and thus the only chance to complete the game - will be permanently lost if the player enters the demon merchant tent or the underground lava path cave (only the upper one on the same island) while riding the Lavastrider, because both of them feature different entry and exit points respectively.

Lokengraav: If the player has completed this dungeon already and returns to the Dark Hold, the later part of the cutscene is repeated and the player is teleported out once again, but then there's only a black screen and the player is forced to reload a previously saved file.

If the player enters and leaves Lunar Prison Isolation Chamber, he won't be able to return and thus can't complete the game!

It shouldn't be possible to use/activate the following skills outside of battle (* = unless intended, granting the opportunity to buff up the party before boss fights):

Aldren: Crippling Arrow, Heart Strike, Mighty Arrow

Det: Enhance*, Sleep

Eddy: Enhance*, Fast*, Shield Strike, Shield Wall*, Slow

Ekedy: Sleep

Haden: Crater, Giant Killer, Impale, Jump

Mitta: Armor Punch, Barrage, Ethereal Shot, Kill Shot, Meltdown, Rapid Fire, Ricochet, Snap Shot, Void Rift

Serena: Blink*, Distort, Enhance*, Fast*, Haste*, Slow

Tanren: Cannon, Firewall*, Frozen Barrier*, Thunder Guard*

The description of Eddy's True Aim skill (contrary to Serena's) lacks the part that this skill also cures Blind.

When casting Lannie's magic skill Enhance, the player has to select a target, so the player could think for a moment this skill is a single-target skill despite its description. Other multi-target skills correctly show "all allies" as the only available option when activated.

It seems one of the effects of Lannie's skill Disperse remains permanently after battle (until a certain condition is fulfilled, e.g. switching accessories).

When having the Sword of the Ancient Pharaoh or the Axe of Shimmering Sand equipped, is the respective party member only able to equip a shield later (I found them before the Black Tower events and noticed this potential issue thereafter)?

Either the Blackblade Sword or the Glitterstone Dagger is able to inflict weak, but the weapon in question doesn't mention this ability in the description.

Is it intended that Jeanna can equip the Dysteel Shield as a "weapon" (only second weapon slot)? Dysteel Shield is also the only Dysteel equipment that can be sold.

The tent's and cabin's descriptions are misleading (sanctuary), since they can be used anywhere inside a dungeon.

Does the Brilliant Lantern prevent random encounters completely instead of just dramatically reducing them?

The Bag of Duplication doesn't seem to work.

It's possible to trigger a random encounter while taking off with the airship; this battle then features a ship background.

Darton Castle: I think the cutscene in West Tower F3 should be triggered immediately upon entering, since it's possible (though not very likely) to bypass this cutscene (which means some players could wonder how to advance the story).

Darton, Cecilia's/Tanren's house: Contrary to what Cecilia says, there isn't any tent to be found.

Beach that connects Sandfall Village and Gruth: Is this monster holding a trident really supposed to be a pirate?

When entering Drakefall Mountains, the location name that appears on the screen should probably be exactly that instead of DrakeFall Mountains.

I don't know if it's intended: Drakefall Mountains' eastern outdoor area doesn't seem to feature random encounters.

Quendara: When opening a bigger door (i.e. when entering the inn or the item shop), the opening animation shows that there is a smaller door behind the bigger door.

Quen castle during
the attack
: All three tiles trigger the same fight, but after the fight the other two tiles still trigger the same scene (though not the fight again). Bottommost fight only.

It is (but shouldn't be) possible to leave White Tower during the cutscene that triggers upon entering for the first time. Fortunately, by doing this and reentering, the cutscene is triggered again.

White Tower General Store: The outside entry (left side) and the inside exit (center) don't match up.

The name of the second map of Mount Yrggraliss appears as Mount Yrggraliss1 on-screen.

Mount Yrggraliss: If the player tries to bypass the boss fight trigger tile via the right side, he will be redirected a few tiles downwards. This could be handled better by cutting of the right side passage.

Mystvale (later): When entering from the south, the player should probably be placed on the left edge of the screen. It doesn't make sense that the player starts on the right edge, no matter if he enters from the south or from the east.

Darton: After having defeated the guards (outer area), a few of the NPCs are in need of updated dialogue (they still assume the guards are present) a bit earlier.

Darton, Cecilia's/Tanren's house: The message concerning the Frying Pan can be triggered indefinitely (at least the player receives the Frying Pan only once).

After Tanren has joined the party, the player can backtrack (via Darton Waterway) and then enter Darton Castle via the front door, and at this point at the latest (not only after taking the teleporter) he should also be able to leave Darton Castle via the front door.

When returning to previously visited cities, sometimes Eddy is shown wearing his old clothes (e.g. in the cleric's house in Sandfall Village when examining the statues).

I don't know if this is intended: When reentering the waterfall cave, there's one corpse missing.

Jastholme Castle: After having spoken to the King, it's probably the exact same soldier that guards the door to the Royal Court (Main Floor) and at the same time keeps watch inside the East Tower (F1).

Jastholme Castle: Is there any point in finding the artifact room? I don't see any purpose story- and otherwise without the artifact being there and without any loot on the way there (if there was loot, I either missed or forgot about it).

Since the player can take the ship on the Black Tower Isle to the Eastern isles immediately (at least in the unpatched version), he can also start the Cecilia/Deleron side quest prematurely. When triggering this side quest at that point, Cecilia can still (also) be found at home in Darton.

Black Tower: The 5th floor is incorrectly labeled as 6th floor (location logo on-screen).

Way back to Darton: It would be better if the player had to check both inaccessible routes first before being able to go through the Sealed Gates.

Haden's House: The player learns that Haden had two daughters, but the events at Black Tower gave me the impression he only had one daughter.

White Tower: Shouldn't Helen have something to say when the player returns later with her daughters in tow? Helen disappears later; maybe she should just disappear sooner.

Caylan: It's possible to enter the town hall and trigger the cutscene before the message about the meeting appears. In this case the message about the meeting is played when the meeting is already over (the meeting isn't repeated this way, though).

Caylan: After the message about the meeting has appeared: If the player doesn't immediately enter the town hall and trigger the cutscene, he will be able to find out that Mitta stays at two locations at the same time (her house and the town hall). It seems the player isn't supposed to examine Mitta's house until later, so Mitta's house could just be locked until the town hall cutscene has been triggered.

Caylan: The white seer script could be updated, since the dialogues don't make sense anymore if the player has already completed the related quests.

Tayra: The player can easily bypass the first cutscene.

Tomb of the High Kings: The entry point for floor B4 seems a bit odd; the same applies to the two staircases leading to the same point on floor B3 where the player came from (are these supposed to be circular stairs?).

This probably isn't intended: There is still one airship landing spot each on the two temple isles east of the Eastern Isles - the temples themselves!

First underground lava path: The player might be tempted into thinking that he isn't able to revisit this location. When he exits the dungeon and tries to go back in, he finds himself back inside the building in Shri Kallha, and if he immediately takes the stairs there, he is teleported back to the world map where the demon merchant's (Dysteel Bar) tent is located. This issue can only be resolved by leaving the building in Shri Kallha before reentering and taking the stairs there.

Site X-51: The whole boss fight (Lost Guardian) and cutscene sequence can be repeated, and it even must be repeated if the player - right after having acquired the Lavastrider - accidentally returns to Site X-51 by going one tile up.

The second (last) Dysteel Bar purchase (demon merchant tent) is bugged: Not only can the player "purchase" as many copies as he wants, he doesn't even need money. The Dysteel Bar only costs 100000 Gold if the player carries 100000 or more Gold. If he carries less, it (only) costs his remaining Gold, but this Dysteel Bar can even be "purchased" while having 0 Gold! This basically means: 99 Dysteel Bars in exchange for all of one's Gold. Although this could be intended, since it would otherwise be extremely tedious or downright impossible to get full Dysteel equipment sets for all party members.

Burnt's Dysteel Bar selection: Pressing Esc gets the player a helm (and probably the "I don't run a charity" dialogue without sufficient funds), though doing this should trigger the option Nothing.

The Merchant: Is it intended that everything (despite generating a new batch or buying a Clover or Lost Feather) costs 0 Gold? Furthermore, the mechanics at work here can be abused. To be more precise: Each time when viewing an old batch once again (after having left and reopened the selection screen), five new accessories are "for sale", added at the bottom of the list (though these new accessories can be duplicates of the ones that are already available). Since this procedure can be repeated endlessly, there isn't any need to pay for new batches.

The cutscene at the beginning of Lunar Prison Core B1 can be triggered an indefinite number of times.

Credits: "Adventurer" is misspelled at least three times ("Advenuturer").

That's enough nitpicking. Thanks again for this very entertaining game. :)

Edit: By the way, I also sent you a message with regard to the few spelling mistakes and mapping errors I found.

Last edited:

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Again, I have a lot of thanks to give with regards to the fantastic bug reporting.

I didn't bring a working copy with me (my apartment is uninhabitable in the current heat wave), but I'll start working on this list tonight (along with the other reports provided).

A few things I can comment on without looking at the code/events:

Accessories are almost all costing 0 gold, as I hit a decision paralysis on how "valuable" certain accessories are. I will be setting them to 50,000 across the board. The rest of the bugs around The Merchant are totally not intended however.

The White Seer in Caylan was supposed to give you "Where to Go Next" hints, but I dropped it and never went back to give the White Seer a purpose.

Using skills outside of battle: Oversight on my part. I have a few different "versions" of the skills that I've rotated through. The current version did not have all the flags set.

It a longer story around Eddy's True Aim, there was supposed to be a mechanical difference between Eddy and Serena's healing skills. Originally, Eddy was ONLY single target, single effect, and Serena was more flexible. Then Lannie kinda blew Serena out of the water and a bunch of balancing things happened. Then I decided that Eddy's skills don't get used unless they're equally flexible, and then I just didn't update the text on all of his restorative skills.

Multi-target skills requiring a target selection is a bug caused by some plugin conflict. I'm not sure I will be able to nail that down, but I will try. I'm somewhat restricted because of the ATB system being tied to a stale-dated version of the MV core files.

The Dysteel Shield is supposed to be usable for anyone (Though why you'd give one to Jeanna, I don't know). I put a price on it, so you can sell it, but I have no idea why. I'll patch that out.

The Brilliant Lantern does reduce the encounter rate to 0. I wanted it to double or triple it, but that appears to be a bridge to far with my coding (and the Lure/Repel plugin doesn't work well with passive states).

The Bag of Duplication was me misreading the functionality of the feature. It just doubles your chance to get an item. All the important items are 100% drop chance, so it's only good for stocking up without having to hit a shop.

That's all I've got off the top of my head, again, I really appreciate all the help and support! With these fixes and polish pieces, I can finally move onto the next two games. (Or I can put in the three alternate pathways I wanted to include. Fragments of what they are lurk in some of the dialogue.)

Gianmher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for this fantastic game, I just completed my playthrough. Story and its execution, dialogue, scope, exploration incentives, dungeon design, battle system, Final Fantasy IV references: Therassia is top-notch in every respect and much better than most of the (commerical) RPG Maker JRPGs I've played so far. If it's just about RPG Maker MV JRPGs, Therassia is easily the best among them.

The ultimate weapons are really easy to miss, but I got them all in the end.

While the following list of remaining bugs (beginning with the game-breaking ones) might seem intimidating and disappointing, I can't stress enough that most of the issues are minor and don't harm the player's enjoyment. When a single developer makes a game of this length, this amount of bugs is within expectations. Fixing them is just part of the final polish. Let's get started (potential bugs and improvement suggestions):

The Lavastrider - and thus the only chance to complete the game - will be permanently lost if the player enters the demon merchant tent or the underground lava path cave (only the upper one on the same island) while riding the Lavastrider, because both of them feature different entry and exit points respectively.

Lokengraav: If the player has completed this dungeon already and returns to the Dark Hold, the later part of the cutscene is repeated and the player is teleported out once again, but then there's only a black screen and the player is forced to reload a previously saved file.

If the player enters and leaves Lunar Prison Isolation Chamber, he won't be able to return and thus can't complete the game!

It shouldn't be possible to use/activate the following skills outside of battle (* = unless intended, granting the opportunity to buff up the party before boss fights):

Aldren: Crippling Arrow, Heart Strike, Mighty Arrow

Det: Enhance*, Sleep

Eddy: Enhance*, Fast*, Shield Strike, Shield Wall*, Slow

Ekedy: Sleep

Haden: Crater, Giant Killer, Impale, Jump

Mitta: Armor Punch, Barrage, Ethereal Shot, Kill Shot, Meltdown, Rapid Fire, Ricochet, Snap Shot, Void Rift

Serena: Blink*, Distort, Enhance*, Fast*, Haste*, Slow

Tanren: Cannon, Firewall*, Frozen Barrier*, Thunder Guard*

The description of Eddy's True Aim skill (contrary to Serena's) lacks the part that this skill also cures Blind.

When casting Lannie's magic skill Enhance, the player has to select a target, so the player could think for a moment this skill is a single-target skill despite its description. Other multi-target skills correctly show "all allies" as the only available option when activated.

It seems one of the effects of Lannie's skill Disperse remains permanently after battle (until a certain condition is fulfilled, e.g. switching accessories).

When having the Sword of the Ancient Pharaoh or the Axe of Shimmering Sand equipped, is the respective party member only able to equip a shield later (I found them before the Black Tower events and noticed this potential issue thereafter)?

Either the Blackblade Sword or the Glitterstone Dagger is able to inflict weak, but the weapon in question doesn't mention this ability in the description.

Is it intended that Jeanna can equip the Dysteel Shield as a "weapon" (only second weapon slot)? Dysteel Shield is also the only Dysteel equipment that can be sold.

The tent's and cabin's descriptions are misleading (sanctuary), since they can be used anywhere inside a dungeon.

Does the Brilliant Lantern prevent random encounters completely instead of just dramatically reducing them?

The Bag of Duplication doesn't seem to work.

It's possible to trigger a random encounter while taking off with the airship; this battle then features a ship background.

Darton Castle: I think the cutscene in West Tower F3 should be triggered immediately upon entering, since it's possible (though not very likely) to bypass this cutscene (which means some players could wonder how to advance the story).

Darton, Cecilia's/Tanren's house: Contrary to what Cecilia says, there isn't any tent to be found.

Beach that connects Sandfall Village and Gruth: Is this monster holding a trident really supposed to be a pirate?

When entering Drakefall Mountains, the location name that appears on the screen should probably be exactly that instead of DrakeFall Mountains.

I don't know if it's intended: Drakefall Mountains' eastern outdoor area doesn't seem to feature random encounters.

Quendara: When opening a bigger door (i.e. when entering the inn or the item shop), the opening animation shows that there is a smaller door behind the bigger door.

Quen castle during
the attack
: All three tiles trigger the same fight, but after the fight the other two tiles still trigger the same scene (though not the fight again). Bottommost fight only.

It is (but shouldn't be) possible to leave White Tower during the cutscene that triggers upon entering for the first time. Fortunately, by doing this and reentering, the cutscene is triggered again.

White Tower General Store: The outside entry (left side) and the inside exit (center) don't match up.

The name of the second map of Mount Yrggraliss appears as Mount Yrggraliss1 on-screen.

Mount Yrggraliss: If the player tries to bypass the boss fight trigger tile via the right side, he will be redirected a few tiles downwards. This could be handled better by cutting of the right side passage.

Mystvale (later): When entering from the south, the player should probably be placed on the left edge of the screen. It doesn't make sense that the player starts on the right edge, no matter if he enters from the south or from the east.

Darton: After having defeated the guards (outer area), a few of the NPCs are in need of updated dialogue (they still assume the guards are present) a bit earlier.

Darton, Cecilia's/Tanren's house: The message concerning the Frying Pan can be triggered indefinitely (at least the player receives the Frying Pan only once).

After Tanren has joined the party, the player can backtrack (via Darton Waterway) and then enter Darton Castle via the front door, and at this point at the latest (not only after taking the teleporter) he should also be able to leave Darton Castle via the front door.

When returning to previously visited cities, sometimes Eddy is shown wearing his old clothes (e.g. in the cleric's house in Sandfall Village when examining the statues).

I don't know if this is intended: When reentering the waterfall cave, there's one corpse missing.

Jastholme Castle: After having spoken to the King, it's probably the exact same soldier that guards the door to the Royal Court (Main Floor) and at the same time keeps watch inside the East Tower (F1).

Jastholme Castle: Is there any point in finding the artifact room? I don't see any purpose story- and otherwise without the artifact being there and without any loot on the way there (if there was loot, I either missed or forgot about it).

Since the player can take the ship on the Black Tower Isle to the Eastern isles immediately (at least in the unpatched version), he can also start the Cecilia/Deleron side quest prematurely. When triggering this side quest at that point, Cecilia can still (also) be found at home in Darton.

Black Tower: The 5th floor is incorrectly labeled as 6th floor (location logo on-screen).

Way back to Darton: It would be better if the player had to check both inaccessible routes first before being able to go through the Sealed Gates.

Haden's House: The player learns that Haden had two daughters, but the events at Black Tower gave me the impression he only had one daughter.

White Tower: Shouldn't Helen have something to say when the player returns later with her daughters in tow? Helen disappears later; maybe she should just disappear sooner.

Caylan: It's possible to enter the town hall and trigger the cutscene before the message about the meeting appears. In this case the message about the meeting is played when the meeting is already over (the meeting isn't repeated this way, though).

Caylan: After the message about the meeting has appeared: If the player doesn't immediately enter the town hall and trigger the cutscene, he will be able to find out that Mitta stays at two locations at the same time (her house and the town hall). It seems the player isn't supposed to examine Mitta's house until later, so Mitta's house could just be locked until the town hall cutscene has been triggered.

Caylan: The white seer script could be updated, since the dialogues don't make sense anymore if the player has already completed the related quests.

Tayra: The player can easily bypass the first cutscene.

Tomb of the High Kings: The entry point for floor B4 seems a bit odd; the same applies to the two staircases leading to the same point on floor B3 where the player came from (are these supposed to be circular stairs?).

This probably isn't intended: There is still one airship landing spot each on the two temple isles east of the Eastern Isles - the temples themselves!

First underground lava path: The player might be tempted into thinking that he isn't able to revisit this location. When he exits the dungeon and tries to go back in, he finds himself back inside the building in Shri Kallha, and if he immediately takes the stairs there, he is teleported back to the world map where the demon merchant's (Dysteel Bar) tent is located. This issue can only be resolved by leaving the building in Shri Kallha before reentering and taking the stairs there.

Site X-51: The whole boss fight (Lost Guardian) and cutscene sequence can be repeated, and it even must be repeated if the player - right after having acquired the Lavastrider - accidentally returns to Site X-51 by going one tile up.

The second (last) Dysteel Bar purchase (demon merchant tent) is bugged: Not only can the player "purchase" as many copies as he wants, he doesn't even need money. The Dysteel Bar only costs 100000 Gold if the player carries 100000 or more Gold. If he carries less, it (only) costs his remaining Gold, but this Dysteel Bar can even be "purchased" while having 0 Gold! This basically means: 99 Dysteel Bars in exchange for all of one's Gold. Although this could be intended, since it would otherwise be extremely tedious or downright impossible to get full Dysteel equipment sets for all party members.

Burnt's Dysteel Bar selection: Pressing Esc gets the player a helm (and probably the "I don't run a charity" dialogue without sufficient funds), though doing this should trigger the option Nothing.

The Merchant: Is it intended that everything (despite generating a new batch or buying a Clover or Lost Feather) costs 0 Gold? Furthermore, the mechanics at work here can be abused. To be more precise: Each time when viewing an old batch once again (after having left and reopened the selection screen), five new accessories are "for sale", added at the bottom of the list (though these new accessories can be duplicates of the ones that are already available). Since this procedure can be repeated endlessly, there isn't any need to pay for new batches.

The cutscene at the beginning of Lunar Prison Core B1 can be triggered an indefinite number of times.

Credits: "Adventurer" is misspelled at least three times ("Advenuturer").

That's enough nitpicking. Thanks again for this very entertaining game. :)

Edit: By the way, I also sent you a message with regard to the few spelling mistakes and mapping errors I found.
Wow! A lot of work for Calvynne XD

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There were two issues I couldn't exactly reproduce:

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
When having the Sword of the Ancient Pharaoh or the Axe of Shimmering Sand equipped, is the respective party member only able to equip a shield later (I found them before the Black Tower events and noticed this potential issue thereafter)? <- Could I get some more details about what's happening? (maybe a save file affected)

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Either the Blackblade Sword or the Glitterstone Dagger is able to inflict weak, but the weapon in question doesn't mention this ability in the description. - Very odd, neither weapon has this function. I would like to see the equipment load out of the character that's having that effect. I suspect its an accessory causing ~strangeness~.

Big wall of bug fixes...

The Lavastrider - Fixed

Lokengraav: - Fixed

Lunar Prison - Fixed

Skills outside of battle:
Aldren: - Fixed
Det: - Fixed
Eddy: - Fixed
Ekedy: - Fixed
Haden: - Fixed
Mitta: - Fixed
Serena: - Fixed
Tanren: - Fixed

The description of Eddy's True Aim skill (contrary to Serena's) lacks the part that this skill also cures Blind. - Fixed

When casting Lannie's magic select nonsense - Comment error in the Note. Fixed shouldn't request a target (way easier than what I feared)

It seems one of the effects of Lannie's skill Disperse remains permanently after battle - Fixed

Dysteel Shield is also the only Dysteel equipment that can be sold. - Fixed

The tent's and cabin's descriptions are misleading (sanctuary), since they can be used anywhere inside a dungeon. - Fixed, new descriptions available.

The Bag of Duplication doesn't seem to work. - Help Text re-vamped.

It's possible to trigger a random encounter while taking off with the airship; this battle then features a ship background. - I think this is a timing issue that is beyond my ability to fix (would require rewriting the rpg_obj file with some kind of wait functionality). I welcome suggestions from others who have encountered it.

Darton Castle F3: Fixed

Darton, Cecilia's/Tanren's house: Contrary to what Cecilia says, there isn't any tent to be found. - Fixed

Beach that connects Sandfall Village and Gruth: Is this monster holding a trident really supposed to be a pirate? - New graphic applied (But really, anyone can be a pirate, right?)

Drakefall Mountains naming and encounters: Fixed

Quendara: When opening a bigger door (i.e. when entering the inn or the item shop), the opening animation shows that there is a smaller door behind the bigger door. - Fixed-ish (I need new tilesets).

Quen castle during
: All three tiles trigger the same fight, but after the fight the other two tiles still trigger the same scene (though not the fight again). Bottommost fight only. - Should be fixed.

White Tower intro - Fixed

White Tower General Store: - Fixed

Mount Yrggraliss bugs - Fixed

Mystvale (later): - It will work as long as the direction is held down now, but otherwise it will default to just the one side of the map.

Darton: Dialogues updated.

Darton, Cecilia's/Tanren's house: The frying pan was bugged at one point, so this was put in to "check" if it was working and... like most of my bugs: never removed. Fixed

After Tanren has joined the party, the player can backtrack (via Darton Waterway) and then enter Darton Castle via the front door, and at this point at the latest (not only after taking the teleporter) he should also be able to leave Darton Castle via the front door. <- I put in a sequence check to spur the player towards the teleporter. (I think this is the fix required)

- Fixed Sandfall, I'll keep an eye out for them, but there are probably a few instances of these still lingering around.

I don't know if this is intended: When reentering the waterfall cave, there's one corpse missing. - (Dun dun dun! Okay, just a broken sequence check, fixed)

Jastholme Castle: After having spoken to the King, it's probably the exact same soldier that guards the door to the Royal Court (Main Floor) and at the same time keeps watch inside the East Tower (F1). - Fixed, but maybe he just ran really fast between the two...

Jastholme Castle: Is there any point in finding the artifact room? I don't see any purpose story- and otherwise without the artifact being there and without any loot on the way there (if there was loot, I either missed or forgot about it). -
This is for people that do not want to recruit Jeanna. (Going for a minimal party run, or they just don't want an awesome damage dealer?) There was a time where I was going to put in several different routes that could lead to Black Tower and then to the end of the game. The only one that was start to finish completed was Jeanna's route. (Relics of these routes exist, and have caused a few bugs that have been patched out thus far. There was one route planned to have it so that Crane is your 5th and final party member. You can see how some of that would have happened in Deleron's Island.)

Since the player can take the ship on the Black Tower Isle to the Eastern isles immediately (at least in the unpatched version), he can also start the Cecilia/Deleron side quest prematurely. When triggering this side quest at that point, Cecilia can still (also) be found at home in Darton. - Fixed. You have to notice she's gone before going to find her.

Black Tower: The 5th floor is incorrectly labeled as 6th floor (location logo on-screen). - Fixed!

Way back to Darton: It would be better if the player had to check both inaccessible routes first before being able to go through the Sealed Gates. - Added!

Haden's House: The player learns that Haden had two daughters, but the events at Black Tower gave me the impression he only had one daughter. - Definitely supposed to have two. Minor dialogue corrections.

White Tower: Shouldn't Helen have something to say when the player returns later with her daughters in tow? Helen disappears later; maybe she should just disappear sooner. - More cut content. The Fall of White Tower, will come as a DLC addon in 2020. I've patched up Helen to vanish sooner.

Caylan: It's possible to enter the town hall and trigger the cutscene before the message about the meeting appears. In this case the message about the meeting is played when the meeting is already over (the meeting isn't repeated this way, though). - Fixed. (Watch something get broken because of this).

Caylan Mitta's House - Fixed.

Caylan: The white seer - Added some new dialogue.

Tayra: The player can easily bypass the first cutscene. - Fixed. (TAYRA!)

Tomb of the High Kings: The entry point for floor B4 seems a bit odd; the same applies to the two staircases leading to the same point on floor B3 where the player came from (are these supposed to be circular stairs?). - Supposed to be, I need new tilesets.

This probably isn't intended: There is still one airship landing spot each on the two temple isles east of the Eastern Isles - the temples themselves! - Fixed

First underground lava path: The player might be tempted into thinking that he isn't able to revisit this location. When he exits the dungeon and tries to go back in, he finds himself back inside the building in Shri Kallha, and if he immediately takes the stairs there, he is teleported back to the world map where the demon merchant's (Dysteel Bar) tent is located. This issue can only be resolved by leaving the building in Shri Kallha before reentering and taking the stairs there. - So this area was flagged. If you take the Left Stairs, you skip the dungeon once you clear it. If you take the Right stairs, you go back in. Should it be optional? Open to suggestions.

Site X-51: The whole boss fight (Lost Guardian) and cutscene sequence can be repeated, and it even must be repeated if the player - right after having acquired the Lavastrider - accidentally returns to Site X-51 by going one tile up. - Fixed.

The second (last) Dysteel Bar purchase (demon merchant tent) is bugged: Not only can the player "purchase" as many copies as he wants, he doesn't even need money. The Dysteel Bar only costs 100000 Gold if the player carries 100000 or more Gold. If he carries less, it (only) costs his remaining Gold, but this Dysteel Bar can even be "purchased" while having 0 Gold! This basically means: 99 Dysteel Bars in exchange for all of one's Gold. Although this could be intended, since it would otherwise be extremely tedious or downright impossible to get full Dysteel equipment sets for all party members. - Fixed.

Burnt's Dysteel Bar selection: Pressing Esc gets the player a helm (and probably the "I don't run a charity" dialogue without sufficient funds), though doing this should trigger the option Nothing. - Fixed, this bug exists for some other items as well.

The Merchant: Is it intended that everything (despite generating a new batch or buying a Clover or Lost Feather) costs 0 Gold? Furthermore, the mechanics at work here can be abused. To be more precise: Each time when viewing an old batch once again (after having left and reopened the selection screen), five new accessories are "for sale", added at the bottom of the list (though these new accessories can be duplicates of the ones that are already available). Since this procedure can be repeated endlessly, there isn't any need to pay for new batches. - Should be fixed. I don't have a save near here to test, and I'm out of time tonight.

The cutscene at the beginning of Lunar Prison Core B1 can be triggered an indefinite number of times. - Missed a self switch, Fixed.

Credits: "Adventurer" is misspelled at least three times ("Advenuturer"). - Five times. Lesson learned, do not do the credits while completely exhausted.

Thanks again! Patch file attached.
Master is being updated and uploading as I type this up, patch file added to the 1st post.

I'm going to get to work on that list of issues you sent me, and I'll add another post when those are updated.

Attachments

Euphoniac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Thanks for the very interesting insight. I'm always interested in how a developer thinks, because that makes me a better player and a better bug finder.

There were two issues I couldn't exactly reproduce:

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
When having the Sword of the Ancient Pharaoh or the Axe of Shimmering Sand equipped, is the respective party member only able to equip a shield later (I found them before the Black Tower events and noticed this potential issue thereafter)? <- Could I get some more details about what's happening? (maybe a save file affected)
I'm really not sure about this, so just ignore it if there isn't any possible reason that springs to your mind. Nevertheless, my latest save file before the point of no return is attached just in case. Since I'm not that familiar with RPG Maker MV's specifics, I don't know if you even need the config and global files, but I included them anyway.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Either the Blackblade Sword or the Glitterstone Dagger is able to inflict weak, but the weapon in question doesn't mention this ability in the description. - Very odd, neither weapon has this function. I would like to see the equipment load out of the character that's having that effect. I suspect its an accessory causing ~strangeness~.
Most of the time I equipped Jeanna with Horn of Haste, Assassin's Fist and Voidstone, so I think the accessories aren't to blame. I let her wield one of the Ancient Swords (the weaker one) for quite some time. Maybe its weakness infliction ability lingers when equipping a new weapon.

It's possible to trigger a random encounter while taking off with the airship; this battle then features a ship background. - I think this is a timing issue that is beyond my ability to fix (would require rewriting the rpg_obj file with some kind of wait functionality). I welcome suggestions from others who have encountered it.
Yeah, I already thought that was the case, so I'm not surprised. This is obviously beyond what you - or anyone using RPG Maker MV - can do, but I thought I should mention it nonetheless. The same probably applies to other "timing issues", for example: You can move one tile and then press enter to open a treasure chest, yet a random encounter can occur between pressing enter and the opening of the treasure chest. The treasure chest is then opened automatically after the conclusion of the random encounter.

- Fixed Sandfall, I'll keep an eye out for them, but there are probably a few instances of these still lingering around.
If I had known about all plot developments beforehand, I would have written down all relevant locations. This issue is so minor that even I was almost ashamed to use this in order to fill my bug list.

Jastholme Castle: Is there any point in finding the artifact room? I don't see any purpose story- and otherwise without the artifact being there and without any loot on the way there (if there was loot, I either missed or forgot about it). -
This is for people that do not want to recruit Jeanna. (Going for a minimal party run, or they just don't want an awesome damage dealer?) There was a time where I was going to put in several different routes that could lead to Black Tower and then to the end of the game. The only one that was start to finish completed was Jeanna's route. (Relics of these routes exist, and have caused a few bugs that have been patched out thus far. There was one route planned to have it so that Crane is your 5th and final party member. You can see how some of that would have happened in Deleron's Island.)
This explains why I was confused. That reminds me: I could enter Black Tower in the version I played as soon as it became available (airship) without having to hunt for the relics. Even if this issue is already fixed, it can't hurt to review the requirements for entering Black Tower (once again).

Since the player can take the ship on the Black Tower Isle to the Eastern isles immediately (at least in the unpatched version), he can also start the Cecilia/Deleron side quest prematurely. When triggering this side quest at that point, Cecilia can still (also) be found at home in Darton. - Fixed. You have to notice she's gone before going to find her.
Did you adjust Archemis' dialogue (Eastern Isles), too (or whatever his name was), or don't you let him appear before the requirement (noticing that Cecilia's gone) is fulfilled? If the player is informed by Archemis about what's going on, he will probably be confused when he can't visit Deleron's Isle without a prior trip to Darton.

First underground lava path: The player might be tempted into thinking that he isn't able to revisit this location. When he exits the dungeon and tries to go back in, he finds himself back inside the building in Shri Kallha, and if he immediately takes the stairs there, he is teleported back to the world map where the demon merchant's (Dysteel Bar) tent is located. This issue can only be resolved by leaving the building in Shri Kallha before reentering and taking the stairs there. - So this area was flagged. If you take the Left Stairs, you skip the dungeon once you clear it. If you take the Right stairs, you go back in. Should it be optional? Open to suggestions.
That's all right then. I just mentioned this potential bug because of one of my "snobbish" self-imposed JRPG rules (always immediately check if the way back is still guaranteed).

Thanks for all your hard work, it's a sight for sore eyes. It has been three weeks since I reported a few bugs that made me stop playing a certain commercial JRPG on steam, and other than the developer promising to fix these bugs, I haven't heard anything from him since then. Long story short: It's always a pleasant surprise when a developer cares about the players and fixes (at least game-breaking) bugs as soon as possible.

Attachments

Danielek

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I am just downloading, I have just discovered this forum and it seems that I will have something to do in the afternoons :)
Maybe it's better than PoE and cheaper than all PoE Currency which I buy everyday :)
Path of Exile is awesome game with great trading orbs and items system

Because if you are a free man and intend to buy currency then you have to prepare for it:
1) Do the right research, read the opinion, collect some sources.
2) Play a bit of Path of Exile, earn at least level 23 and start gaining more valuable orbs than chromatic orbs or orbs of alternation.
Maybe the first Chaos Orb will be a good determinant.
3) Compare prices and see who sells poe currency most often, then buy them.

Remember that you must take care of your and your family's safety, so buy poe currency on Odealo https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile

Last edited:

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hope you enjoy it! The next patch out is mostly spelling errors and mapping, the major bugs should be patched up. If you find something that breaks, please let me know!

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This will be one of the last updates for a while. I will be moving and there's going to be some ups and downs over the next few weeks as that starts to happen.
I've gone through all the reports collected, fixed all the errors thus far, fixed a few maps, adjusted a few skills (a major balance pass is going to happen towards the end of summer).

Planning on working on the alternate endings, and will begin testing those towards the end of August.
I've started the groundwork on the next major alternate ending (No Lunar Prison, Negative Ending), and the originally planned 5 party member ending. Both are to have completely different final sequences.

There are two other negative endings to be added as well: Failing at Yrggraliss, Failing at Lokengraav.

Here is Update 13!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uZhCCOu6grNCK3r5VYgcLhGR8yvF7djT

As well, the master file is being updated tonight.

Attachments

Gianmher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Calvynne, I've finish the game at 100% and I liked it very much. There is still a bug. In the water way the game often fails to load an enemy (the pirate girl). I have also a suggestion more then a bug (it's up to you, no priorities): in Lokengraav after you have beat the boss, if you return back in the same place you will stuck there forever. Ah! It was a pleasure watching my name in the credits. THANKS!!! Even if it is badly written

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did I misspell your name? I double checked, and still goofed it up...

Thanks for the reports. What is the error on the waterway enemy? Missing enemy? (probably didn't port the new sprite over)

Lokengraav not working again is probably another trigger issue. I will have it fixed tonight. Thanks for the report and apologies for the name!

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, hopefully the last "stuck in this place forever" bug nailed down.
Fixed a missing enemy.
Fixed an error in the credits. <so embarrassing>

Attachments

onekksu

Emin Can Homalioglu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's cool, but it's weird when the game isn't basically pixelated, but then characters appear that are.

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the feedback and for playing. My number one goal is to convert everything to a more pixel style, but there hasn't even a resource pack suitable (fes has major issues, time fantasy is decent but no character creation). Right now, I am looking at commissions, but it's a lot of money for something that I am giving away for free and totally unencrypted.

The other way is converting all the monsters to a non-pixel style, which is a hefty conversion to another artist. (Aekashics jumps to mind).

Thanks again, I hope you enjoy the story!

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hello.
Amazing game, really great.
But one thing is when i land to the left of the pyramid and goes in (it`s sealed for now )and i walk out to the south of the pyramid and can`t reach the ship again.Because of the mountains.
And is it intended that eddy direct can hit for a second time if he first uses shieldstrike?It feels little to "good".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85