There is a tileset bug that I have no clue what went wrong

Reaction score
First Language
VietNamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I mark all the walls X but when I test play the game, the character still walks on the wall?
What should I do?

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check your first tile in your B tileset, its passability MUST be a star.

Reactions: Bex
Reaction score
First Language
VietNamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check your first tile in your B tileset, its passability MUST be a star.
Wow I changed that tile's passability to a star and it worked! But why does it have to be a star? Im pretty confused :kaoback:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But why does it have to be a star?
That is the zero tile, which means it is everywhere where you did not place a different upper tile

maps are stored by numbers, and the default number for every tile is zero.
That means that every tile in your map is filled with that first B tile when it is created.

For this reason the tile has to be transparent (the engine guarantees that, even if your B sheet has a tile in that position it will vanish in the editor) and its passability has to be star, because star means "look at the ground tile below to check for passability".

if it were passable, it would make all your walls passable and if it were impassable it would make all your floors impassable as well as the upper layer has priority over the lower level on map passability.

Reactions: Bex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltedFish