Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Part of:          Thex Tutorial & Demo Systems
 ​
DEMO: Thex Grapple Hook Demo

Recently my internet was off. A good whole week passed before it turned on.  In those 7 days I produced 10 tutorial games and 2 demo games that I felt would benefit the community. They show off different things you can do with the engine and teach intermediate learners how to bridge to advanced systems design. Novices and beginners can also benefit by checking out the systems.

I will later be posting design tutorials that teach you the different parts that make up many of the systems I have created. I also plan on creating video tutorials that teach new and beginner eventers how to reach intermediate eventing quicker than ever before!

Lets get into it!

What is this?

This is a demo that shows off a grapple hook firing into a wood column. You can then cross that grapple hook.

I spliced the rope from the RTP and added a grapple hook end myself. I tweaked it a little to better show motion.  Credit is appreciated if using the custom graphics.

It uses an event for each part of the rope and the hook. It mostly relies on the event to animate it.  Give it a try. It's pretty neat!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox420

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sweet, do you have a script for it? I want to implement that in a game of mine. I want to do a Mystic Quest kind of game, like having a sword, axe, etc. like in MQ to interact with stuff.. or like Lufia style.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Fox - this is entirely evented - no script necessary - there is a demo you can download to see it work. =]

Fox420

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 Ah cool, I downloaded the demo. So what do you do exactly to make the event work like that? 

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Open the demo, look at the events, and do what they do. =]

Fox420

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alrighty, I took a look at it earlier. I'll figure it out later.. cool demo, it'll be useful to learn it so I can make my Mystic Quest remake.

HeroSword

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been at it for a while and I'm just having trouble getting the rope animation after the hook passes through the event to stay horizontal when I make it go right and left.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that the transition from the $Grapple Hook right and $Rope don't mix too well It looks a bit funky but I got it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello I've been having trouble getting the rope animation after the hook passes through the event to stay horizontal when I make it go right and left. can someone please help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
air_kity