Do-It-All
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Part of:          Thex Tutorial & Demo Systems

DEMO: Thex Hunger and Thirsthttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/5536575/Hunger%20%26%20Thirst.exe

What is this?

Excerpt from the Intro Event comments:

" Welcome to the Hunger & Thirst bar!

This is between beginner and intermediate.
There are a couple script calls, but don't be intimidated by them.

This uses custom formula on items and 1 common event to get the
job done.

I'll explain the custom formula here:
v[1] += 1;0
All it does is increase variable 1 by 1. Then it returns 0 for the
amount to heal. If you want healing properties on the item, just
change that 0 to the amount you want to heal.

Make sure you point the common event call to an empty common

event. The common event allows eating when HP is full.

Bar credits go to:

Ails on Deviant-Art"
A lot of people want a hunger and thirst bar in their game. While I've not seen one executed in a successful RM game, the idea itself still remains popular.  This accomplishes a very nice hunger and thirst bar.

There's no penalty for going hungry or thirsty at the moment. I felt that was up to the creator to decide. If you want to put a penalty in, just open the 1st common event and find the spot allocated for hunger and thirst penalties.

This is also a great tutorial for learning modulo, as I use it to avoid having to reset the counter, and explain it inside the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Interesting, that's for sure. but why don't you make one big directory of your event systems? People aint want to download them all one by one.

Titanhex

Do-It-All
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good question. I considered linking them via a next/previous button so you could find them all easier.

The reason why they're not all together is because they're all separate. You don't need Thex Hunger to use Thex Fishing. Thus there's no reason to push them all together.

Cartridge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Well I do think they should be in one demo project, like 'Titanhex Events Demo' or something. A directory for all your tutorials would be nice, because they are good but their threads are spamming up the tutorial section :x

Titanhex

Do-It-All
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I get that. I made all of this in seven days and submitted them all at once. But they really wouldn't be as good all clumped together as one big archive.  Each event system works slightly different* and does different things.

I considered making a directory, but I'd need to submit more tutorials, or more tutorials under a single theme.  If you think about it, it's no different than if I submitted one tutorial every 5 days 35 days ago. Eventually they'll get scattered apart and won't be so cluttered.

*Seriously, a lot of these systems use a lot of the same base principles.  Button Press Checking, Indexing, and Animating. Learn these 3 things and you'll be around Intermediate - Advanced level.

Cartridge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hmm true. Just my two cents though, do whatever you feel is right. Those tutorials are yours :)

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
will this be updated for use in RMMV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
air_kity