Mudge

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, I am attempting to re-create old school 2nd Edition Dungeons and Dragons modules and I just started today. I am just laying down tiles to create the map of the dungeon and I've ran into a very obvious issue that seems it should have a simple fix:

If I have two hallways running parallel to one another, how do I create a wall inbetween them without taking up an entire block of space?

Ideally there would be a single very very thin black wall separating the two hallways. I've attempted to scour the forums and find a simple solution but all I've been able to dig up involves editing image files with gimp or some such. I just want a simple impassable black line that I can paint on the edges of my hallways so that you cant walk through them.

Any help is appreciated.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You really can't. You could have it visually by creating a tile for sheets B-E that is transparent except for the black line you need and place that. However, the collision will still be 1 tile wide.

This is all to say, unless there is some solution (plugin or something) that I've not heard of.

Mudge

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gotcha, well thanks for the quick reply. I suppose I'll just double the map size so that I have the extra space.

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
there is plugins. you'd need a custom collision plugin. Quixos' plugins seem to be the most popular and stable. youd need his movement and collision map plugins. https://quxios.github.io/plugins

Cyclone map editor by Hudell and movement plugins would also work if you have MZ (they might even be in one maps plugin, not sure I have MV which these plugins are currently broken. I've heard MZ one is working fine though. Cyclone map editor is easier than Quixos and easy collisions. you can do just the edge of a tile. plus more in depth map editing. Both movement plugins allow for diagnal and psuedo pixel movement too (move by half, quarter or eighth increments). Oh, and each uses different collisions. Cyclone is on the editor and pretty simple while quixos is using a collision map (image with drawn collisions) and other types that is more involved but more accurate.

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
 Cyclone Map Editor also exists for MV, not just MZ.
I use it myself for map making but the collisions are bugged and it's being completely ignored by the maker. Map collisions are fine but you can interact with events. at least when using smaller than full tile collisions and pixel movement.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alternatively you could get tricky with directional passability.
with that you can have two different tiles next to each other where both are generally passable but the player still can't go into the direction to cross over, and make those tiles include a thin wall.

however that will require you to use up several B/E-tiles for that.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlosecar